Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Mage] New change to Deep Freeze.

I don't get this change? Do they want us to use Deep Freeze in PvE rotations? That was really unexpected. And I think it is a somewhat lame solution. I don't want more spells which have different usages depending on where you are and what you do.

What do you think about it? Sure, it is good that they want to improve frost dps, but it feels like they are doing it the wrong way.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account

Re: [Mage] New change to Deep Freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by snc
    Second best change so far now for frost pve mate.
    With that buff Deep freeze is not getting useless talent for pve anymore
    Ha, yes, it is true that it isn't a waste for PvE anymore, but it is still on 24-seconds cooldown, talented Well, I wonder how big the damage will be.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Another bandaid change hastily thought up in Blizzard's vain crusade to make Frost as PVE-viable as Arcane or Fire.

At least this change, at the moment, will have little-to-no PVP impact. Although it would be hilarious to see the damage component of Deep Freeze working against Death Knights with Icebound Fortitude active.
    I > U

basicly, it still does the stun, but if its unstunable, it does damage instead, so its good for both PvP and PvE

10+ Year Old Account

If 10k then screw fire !! lolz, downloading latest patch on ptr, if servers online il say how much.
    Where can I download the PTR client? Looking for it at the moment, I just can't find it. Found it

And to you two above me, it said on the frontpage that the damage only will work on targets PERMANENTLEY immune to stuns, in other words, bosses or bigger mobs.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Its becoming a little similar to Concussive Blow for warriors imo, so it would be a nice addition to a Rotation that just consists of pretty much 2 spells.

Mind you, though... the damage would have to be good otherwise Frostbolt would still be better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozencore
    basicly, it still does the stun, but if its unstunable, it does damage instead, so its good for both PvP and PvE
    Thanks captain obvious!

15+ Year Old Account

want buy alpha deep freeze back!!
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    want buy alpha deep freeze back!!
    The one where it did no damage, and had a cast time of 1.5 seconds?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddite
    Another bandaid change hastily thought up in Blizzard's vain crusade to make Frost as PVE-viable as Arcane or Fire.

At least this change, at the moment, will have little-to-no PVP impact. Although it would be hilarious to see the damage component of Deep Freeze working against Death Knights with Icebound Fortitude active.
    Sorry, but thats not how it works, tooltip clearly stated that it would do a ''large ammount of damage to targets who are PERMANENTLY immune to stuns'', Icebound Fortitude is an ability that lasts xx seconds, and makes the user TEMPORARILY immune to stuns. get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    Where can I download the PTR client? Looking for it at the moment, I just can't find it. Found it

And to you two above me, it said on the frontpage that the damage only will work on targets PERMANENTLEY immune to stuns, in other words, bosses or bigger mobs.
    Anybody who has been playing WoW for more than one month knows that what Blizzard intends and what actually happens when a patch goes live are often quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz
    Sorry, but thats not how it works, tooltip clearly stated that it would do a ''large ammount of damage to targets who are PERMANENTLY immune to stuns'', Icebound Fortitude is an ability that lasts xx seconds, and makes the user TEMPORARILY immune to stuns. get it?
    Excellent use of red text in your haste to appear clever, bro.
    I > U

10+ Year Old Account

Anybody who has been playing WoW for more than one month knows that what Blizzard intends and what actually happens when a patch goes live are often quite different.
    HAHA, yes, give us some DK tears now!
    Vol'jin fanboy

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    The one where it did no damage, and had a cast time of 1.5 seconds?
    no, that was the beta change. in alpha it did 2k base damage and always crit due to shatter, stunned the target and was off GCD. that's what i want back.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry buddy but change says clearly "Target" not boss /creature/players.
    So Icebound Fortitude as an immune to stunn ability will do dmg to the target.
    We have a winner for the award of stupidity!

It says, "It will deal pewpew damage on permanentley stun-immune targets". And Icebound is temorarily. Me and Grievuuz have already said it.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Mage
    Deep Freeze: This spell now deals a large amount of damage to targets permanently immune to stuns.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/permanently

I can't understand why people disagree on this point. Don't be an idiot.
    Don't taze me cus I'm blue!

helpwwwwwwwad a ada da wdsd

NERD RAGE

Check ur posts next time .
    ?

maybe you should check the posts, and comprehend what they were saying. The blue post said that it would do extra damage to permantly stun immune targets, which a player cant be.

Just cuz ur an idiot doesnt mean that you can blame them for ur stupidity.

Deleted

Excellent use of red text in your haste to appear clever, bro.
    You baddies need all the help you can get, with your poor reading comprehension

NERD RAGE

Check ur posts next time .
    Troll or tard. It's so hard to tell these days.

This will not have ANY effect in PVP.

"Deep Freeze: This spell now deals a large amount of damage to targets permanently immune to stuns."

Where's the confusion? Players can't be permanently immune to stuns. Bosses are.

I'm getting really sick of people complaining about every change that they make. I think that this is definetly a step in the right direction and its pretty interesting and unexpected as well. also.. no downside...