Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New Conflag Change

Quote Originally Posted by Oldboot
    Yeah... That's so gonna drop your dps by 1k. Perhaps 100 at the most, unless you've been /brbwank the whole fight.
    Well...lets add in phases of the boss..such as anub..he drops all dots..so if you just conflagd how much dps did you lose, same thing with any adds that die. Faction Champs also apply to this....So it ends up being alot than you first anticipated and ALOT more over the course of the entire instance.

The same argument could be made about one last incinerate traveling towards the mob as it dies, either way its still a stupid thing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by lockinhiding
    FYI:

- conflag crit does not affect emp imp.

- conflag crit does not process pyroclasm.

- conflag dot crit will not show as a crit, it will show as an extra tick.
    I'm see neither extra ticks, or extra damage on PTR still. Conflag always gives me 3 ticks for the same damage (+/- 1 damage) equal to 1 tick of Immolate. There's only around a 7% chance of me not critting per conflag and I cast ~30. The chance of one not critting after 30 conflags for me is actually beyond what my calculator displays in simple numbers. Chances are less than 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 that I'd get 90 non-crits in a row. I don't feel like running a hundred million billion billion tests before I just say it's still bugged on PTR for me. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Gerian
    The same argument could be made about one last incinerate traveling towards the mob as it dies, either way its still a stupid thing to complain about.
    Im not complaining just pointing out it ends up being a dps loss, than some think because of actual game mechanics versus simcraft. Same arguement for incinerate doesn't work btw...because they are not changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    Im not complaining just pointing out it ends up being a dps loss, than some think because of actual game mechanics versus simcraft. Same arguement for incinerate doesn't work btw...because they are not changing it.
    Thats the point, both situations are a "DPS loss". If a mob dies before any DoT ticks its full duration its a dps loss. If a mob dies mid cast its a dps loss. These problems already exist and this shouldn't even be a discussion point for the conflag change.

Thats the point, both situations are a "DPS loss". If a mob dies before any DoT ticks its full duration its a dps loss. If a mob dies mid cast its a dps loss. These problems already exist and this shouldn't even be a discussion point for the conflag change.
    Incorrect...current you have full conflag damage...future conflag...lose burst from conflag apply dot -- ticks once mob dies...how much damage do you lose. Again. difference-- They are not changing incen..so that is the difference. Let me ask you this would you prefer to conflag and crit 18k...boss dies...conflag 12k..one tick of a dot..and mob dies how much dps did you lose per conflag...now add that to all the adds in every fight in TOC..how much total dps did you lose. Thats all I was pointing out. To others who said it is not really a dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    ...boss dies...
    Again, whats your point? Boss is dead, no one is going to nail you to a cross for letting conflag not tick its full duration.

Again, whats your point? Boss is dead, no one is going to nail you to a cross for letting conflag not tick its full duration.
    Boss is dead, your dps is lower, so for the next boss which maybe your raid can't quite kill you get booted for a higher dps. That is a real and valid concern in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillia
    Boss is dead, your dps is lower, so for the next boss which maybe your raid can't quite kill you get booted for a higher dps. That is a real and valid concern in PVE.
    And you feel that a difference of 22 dps over an especially short boss fight would make that difference (estimated by above numbers 2 2k ticks over a 3 minute fight) because if 22 dps is enough to get you booted for someone else than you were already low on the meters.

Losing 6k damage over a 5 minute fight is a 20dps loss. If you're pulling 7.6k dps thats a 0.26% change. Seriously, that is SUCH A VALID CONCERN in PVE.

Really?

Really!?

Oh god, the warlock community I once loved is doomed..

Yeah, it was pretty stupid now that I think about it :/. It's an annoying change but that specific aspect isn't a problem.

The DPS change for PVE is minimal, it's not a nerf, the only time you'll actually see a loss in DPS from Conflag is if you kill a mob/boss with conflag and don't get the ticks off. Yeah....not worth QQ'ing about at all.

It is a PVP nerf which is what it needed. I see people saying Destruction is dead in pvp....um...maybe in 2's [though I know some 2's that use a destruction lock and have over 2k rating] but they are still annoying as fuck in 3's and 5's, which is why they got nerfed, the burst damage a warlock has is insane.

In BG's I kill things faster than any other class, including rogues. Yes...our burst needed to be fixed for PvP. Yes I hate using BG's for pvp examples but it gets the point across.

Warlock burst needed a fix [though I don't like it, I enjoyed being op'd].

15+ Year Old Account

So I guess this is goodbye to seduce nukes with immo-conflags.

Unless Blizz makes the dot not break seduce. Much like retpally's Repentance now won't break from their dot Righteous Vengeance.
    80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 85

Quote Originally Posted by uTn
    So I guess this is goodbye to seduce nukes with immo-conflags.

Unless Blizz makes the dot not break seduce. Much like retpally's Repentance now won't break from their dot Righteous Vengeance.
    Or a glyph that makes seduce take off dots... OH WAIT
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Or a glyph that makes seduce take off dots... OH WAIT
    Yeah, wasn't aware of that. Having that glyph kinda makes the new conflag weak sauce.
    80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 85

Can someone confirm... if you have Glyph of Conflagrate that the immolate dot and conflagrate dot are both active? I can't see why it wouldn't be, but just want to confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

^ ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!