Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Paladin new baseline abilities in Cataclysm

I think pallys should get an ability that does the following.
    It will be called
    Pallys Arnt OP
    5 second cd.
    Causes the paladin to spin in circles for as long as you want, applying 5 stacks of seal of vengeance to the target, no matter what seal you have. Heals the paladin for 400% of all damage deal by anyone within 300 yards. Deal 500% weapon damage. Refreshes the cooldown of Bubble, Lay on Hands, Divine Protection, Blessing of Protection and removes all Forbearance with each spin. Shatters other paladins bubbles.
    Removes all buffs from enemies. Cleanses all your allies, making them immune to diseases, magic, poisons, cc's, and all other things that can damage them.
    And if any target is below 20%, throws a hammer of wrath at the cost of 0 mana, triggers no GCD and has no cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rogues and resto druids say hi.
    I murder Rogues.

EDIT: I might add that intention and happening are two different things.

Chronalis are you Ok? Normally you are a quite reasonable poster, but today you seem full of PVP anger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfofqp
    Okay under-hit-cap-belf-pally, have you LOOKED at the prot tree before?
    While I don't agree with the guy you quoted but what does Divine Sacrifice or Divine Guardian have to do with Sacred Shield being a Protection ability?

Yes we have a talent to improve the spell but seriously?
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by thoramus
    I don't care, I'm sure the class will work just fine. I just want to see Librams added to the player model.

Also, so people keep the discussion relevant, I read that there will be no new talents added, just everyone given 5 additional talent points as they level to 85 so they can be a little more versatile with their spec.
    So new talents=no. New abilities=yes. Discuss.
    ..........mmm if i recall blizzard said they will be reworking every class's talent trees and removing some talents all together and turning them into mastery's. So then wouldn't it be ok to assume that in the process of reworking those talents that we might see some new ones? Or at the very least altered talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    havent seen any idea that the community suggested who could fix the Paladin problem being used once :_:
    I have. Look at deathknights. A lot of their abilities were suggested for ret pre wrath.

Because we'll be going from 80 to 85, it would probably mean less new skills provided. Even if there were, i couldn't think of anything for paladins at this time, it seems all bases are covered.

Except for actual designed interrupt skills for paladins, and we've all seen how those threads end up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

i know something they could fix for cata to do with paladins... its a little off-topic, but how about they give us a decent looking tier set =O

hehe...

other than that, about the only thing i can think of is an interrupt

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Like it. Additionally to that;
    - Also removed it from the Global cooldown, reduces it's cast time by 100%, and reduces it's cooldown by 5 seconds.

I'd kill for a glyph like that, especially since they removed that in 3.1 (when it was instant and could be glyphed to interrupt). I'd even settle for it to do NO DAMAGE to ANY target (Players or otherwise) if it was 10-second interrupt off the GCD with no cast time. That'd serve me a lot better than... hmm, i'd probably lose the SoV glyph from my PvE spec (24 expertise without SoV) and the ShoR glyph from my PvP spec.
    If this happens, I want PvE compensation- I HATE being balanced around fricken' PvP due to people crying (SoV stacking, anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    No.
    i like to know your opinion why you say it so straigt forward, please.

if you look at these like you can only have one, is there realy not a single one you would consider good as an idea? or is there just none you would say is not OP in your opinion?
    i think these two questions give different answers, so please enlighten me.

edit: even if its like evocation glyph... glyph of divine plea: regenerate the same amount of health as you gained mana.

http://war-tools.com/t68240.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    If this happens, I want PvE compensation- I HATE being balanced around fricken' PvP due to people crying (SoV stacking, anyone?)
    They can have the exo glyph for their pvp stuff. Dont like it anyway. Sadly its the best we have, soon as someones expertise-capped without the glyph.

Glyphs they may change to something better if they change exo into a pvp glyph

Glyph of Crusader Strike
    now: -20% mana
    idea: +Chance to procc RV

Glyph of Avenging Wrath
    now: hammer cooldown -50%
    idea: removes healing bonus, increases duration

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray

Glyph of Crusader Strike
    now: -20% mana
    idea: +Chance to procc RV
    Do you mean proc SoV?

Quote Originally Posted by Prayzer
    Agree, give paladins upgrades, but considering PvP wise atm, remove bubble/LoH which are insanely OP tbh if used with some suggested 'Heyletsoneshotpinpvpandfacerollmoar'-abilities
    then they'd have to get rid of Bloodlust, Army of the Dead, Ice Block, Death Coil, Cloak of Shadows, Dispersion... i know im missing some.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucris
    Do you mean proc SoV?
    No. Thats against having to stack it and would be useless while using SoComm.

RV = Righteous Vengence, that Dot on Crit thing.

I imagined it this way:
    Player X has 40% crit raidbuffed, so 40% of his crusader strikes roll the dot. With the glyph, with lets say a 10% procc-chance, another 10% of that player crusader strikes, noncritical ones, will roll the dot. Since the dot is based on damage, that procc will be weaker than the critical applications, but i think it would be a nice raid-dps buff, dont you think? The number is made up, i dont know what number would be equal to the dps gains of the exo glyph.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

15+ Year Old Account

this
    Glyph of Righteous Vengeance
    Your Righteous Vengeance talent now has a chance for its damage to be critical strikes

and a 15-30sec interrupt

we're not debating damage increase spells/talent/glyphs... we're debating UTILITY cus that's what paladins actually need.

there u go my ideas:

lvl81: Spreading Light (Heal Spell) 1.5sec cast time, 14% base mana, 40yard range, 4sec cooldown(triggers after spell lands)
    The Paladin sends a powerful bound of light at its friendly target healing him for 1890 to 2234 (+195% Spell Power) and spreads to its weakest ally in 10yard range for 100% of the healed amount. If no friendly targets near your main target it heals the paladin instead for 50% of the amount healed. The spreading heal cant be critical strikes and wont trigger on Beacon of Light. Beacon of Light targets cant receive the spreading heal.

Ok, my idea was kinda taken out of Binding Heal but its a different spell overall because:
    1st) its a smart heal better than the HL glyph
    2nd) AOE HEAL!!! YAY xD
    3rd) Has synergy with Beacon & its affected by illumination
    4th) has a cooldown so u can use the other spells aswell so it aint spammed (i dont want Paladins to be 100% uptime aoe healers just want 1 good ability)

Using Values for 80 so u get an idea where its placed between our other heals

also the glyph idea for it: Glyph of Spreading Light: The spreading effect of Spreading Light now heals three additional targets but only heals for 25% of the amount healed on the main target but increases its cooldown by 1 second.

so here we have a prayer of mending. also the 1sec extra cd could be 2 if its too OP glyph :P

lvl83: Hand of Spell Protection 6% base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast, 5 min cooldown
    A targeted party or raid member is protected from all spell based attacks and effects for 5 seconds, but during that time they cannot cast spells or spell based melee or ranged attacks or abilities. This affect wont remove Spell Based crowd control effects. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time. Once protected, the target cannot be protected by Divine Shield, Divine Protection, Hand of Protection or Hand of Spell Protection again for 2 min. Cannot be targeted on players who have used Avenging Wrath within the last 30 sec.

ok u might think its an OOOOLLLLLLDDD IDEA but i made some twists that are on bold:
    1st) only has 5 second duration to compensate the fact that doesnt drop your aggro on the target
    2nd) the pvp change i added was to prevent it to be an fear/poly/terror/etc magic trinket, why? its going to be used to protect ur friend from incoming damage & some cc for a bit but it wont break that poly that is preventing u from heal ur partner, that is what bubble is for (divine shield ofc :P)
    3rd) what i think is: u cant use Judgement, Death Strike, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, Frost Strike, Envenom, Arcane Shot, Hunter Stings, Explosive Shot, Black Arrow and Wands. i think that is all :P

lvl85: Righteous Will 8% of base mana, Instant cast, 1 min cooldown
    The paladin focuses its will on a desperate path to salvation entering an enraged state for 10 seconds taking 5% less damage from attacks, causing 5% more damage or healing and causing its next 3 damage or heal abilities to have an 30% increased critical chance. During this effect the paladin cant cast Hand spells or Lay on Hands on its allies. Casting Divine Shield, Divine Protection, Hand of Protection, Hand of Spell Protection or Lay on Hands on yourself will cancel the effect and reduce the damage and healing dealt by 10% for 15secs. Cannot be used within 30 sec of Avenging Wrath.

kinda wanted 2 add a new cooldown besides i dont rly think its 100% necessary but its an idea. its kind of a minor AW but with a tanking bonus & i think balanced around pvp tough with all the setbacks so ppl need to think how to use it in pvp like if ur going to bubble DONT USE IT!!! also a pve buff :P.

About the interrupt i think it should be given imo but not at this lvl area (80-85).
    The best spot i think its arround Lvl 38. Why? Its the lvl Warriors get Pummel so kind of the best area to place it. Also i think 30sec is the right cd for the ability.

Like this: Hand of Zeal 3% of base mana, Melee range, Instant cast, 30 sec cooldown
    The paladin uses holy power on the target interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec.

At distance closers i think it aint rly needed just an revamped Judgement of Justice 2 add a little snare that aint 2 op ofc

Quote Originally Posted by RGeneral24

2nd) AOE HEAL!!! YAY xD
    AOE and Multi Are two different things.

AOE heals everyone in a certain range, Multi heals a set amount.
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

What I've noticed from all of our talents, and anything new or patched/fixed is that almost all of it has been a bit auto-matic. Looking at the new ardent defender thing for example. So I'm thinking, the "gap closer" should be automatic:

Glyph of Pursuit of Justice:

You're movement speed increases by 45% for 5 seconds after being the victim of a movement impairing effect. Under the effect your speed cannot be reduced for the entire duration. This effect can only be triggered once every 45 seconds.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    AOE and Multi Are two different things.

AOE heals everyone in a certain range, Multi heals a set amount.
    soo WoW doesnt have AoE heals u mean then since most considered AoE heals have a 5 person limiter even tranquility, they dont heal every1 in area

if u say soo....

Quote Originally Posted by RGeneral24
    soo WoW doesnt have AoE heals u mean then since most considered AoE heals have a 5 person limiter even tranquility, they dont heal every1 in area

if u say soo....
    An Everyone in the party heal, is considered an AOE heal. An example would be Holy Nova or Circle of healing.

Binding heal heals you and your target, regardless of location. Thus it is a multi target heal. If a heal that heals two people is considered an AOE heal, then Beacon of Light would cause Paladins to be AOE healers. Which would make me wonder why they keep asking for one.

So derp derp, Multi target and AOE are different.

Another example would be the Shaman Chain heal, It heals three targets, making it a multi target heal. But the Healing stream totem heals everyone within a certain range of the totem, making it an AOE heal.

The beacon of Light was, at first, going to be an ability that put a beacon on someone then healed people around them, making that an AOE (This was in the beta for Wrath for awhile).