Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why am i so behind? [Healing]

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Nerzh%C3%B9l

im one of the better geared healers in my guild but am usually stuck between 3rd-5th on the meters. though healing shouldn't be a competition it would be nice to know my gear means something.

Chain Heal is 71-74% of my heals
    Rip Tide is 14-7%
    Earth shield is 8-11%

that is about the average i get from my heals but somewhere along the lines i get pumbled by a restodruid who is alittle less geared than me and having to compete with another resto shaman who only has a 2pc bonus.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Re: Why am i so behind? [Healing]

rofl. learn to use healing wave.
    Ofc u behind because u dont know where the chain heal will land and u have for sure loads of overhealing. if im right check your recount next raid how much is your overhealing if its high learn2use others spells.

Not just brain dead nuke chain heal on random target and renew earthshield pop sometimes riptide and expect to be highest healing done

Welcome to being a shaman.

Gear isn't everything, and healing meters generally don't mean anything.

I was in 4pc (iLvl 245) t9 before any of our groups healers and was still behind in the meters behind our pally and druid.

Unless you're spamming everything constantly, you won't see the number 1 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky
    rofl. learn to use healing wave.
    Ofc u behind because u dont know where the chain heal will land and u have for sure loads of overhealing. if im right check your recount next raid how much is your overhealing if its high learn2use others spells.

Not just brain dead nuke chain heal on random target and renew earthshield pop sometimes riptide and expect to be highest healing done
    :

Chain Heal bounces to whoever is lowest on health in range. Have you ever used it on someone when everyone else was full health? It doesn't go anywhere.

However, you should be using Healing Wave as well. You gain a 30% haste when you use chain heal or riptide to HW, mine is down to about 1.1 seconds so far with all my haste buffs.

ya my shammy has a lil less gera then you but i could prob out heal you cus one thing.. haste

you only got 400... i say stack that shit..
    i currently have 600 and i know im not gunna beat the paladins who heal but ill usually get 2nd r 3rd.. soo get more haste

HASTE HASTE HASTE HASTE

That is all you need, if you want to have a high HPS.. 1000haste isnt impossible and that will make you heal alot more..

get atleast 700 haste and about 400 more SP and you will definitely be N1 in healing.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games

Deleted

Chain healing isnt everything. ToC and the newer content is less and less about spamming chain heals, around 75% of my healing comes from Lesser Healing waves, sitting on 36% spell crit, 2600 spell power, 150 haste (lol) and around 29k mana -- all unbuffed stats, some of the shamans in my guild are still spamming chain heal like you, but they're usually way behind when I'm sitting on #1 unless a certain holy pala is in the raid (nerf bacon of light xd) I can usually leisurely spam lesser healing wave through an entire 25man fight without going oom, leave AoE healing to the druids and priests, its not our thing anymore.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Gear is definitely not everything. I recently started taking my T7 geared shaman into ToC with T9 geared healers and I consistently match or beat them on meters (which don't really matter btw). You definitely need to utilize your spells more effectively. Spamming chain heal works on fights like twins where there is constant raid damage, but you're wasting healing power if all you're using is chain heal and there's not that much raid damage to heal.

I use chain heal about 60% of my heals, because with the current gear i have, haste and crit i simply cant go oom either. Chain heal been buffed with the range so its more effective then just heal 1 target, ofc i use riptide and lesser healing ways and also big waves if there is a danger on tank. but still 60% of my heals are chain heal, 20% riptide and 20% lesser/big waves. depends.
    For good and effectively healing you need be also fast, in clicking or keybindings, whatever you like most. i am clicker and i heal pretty fast (not using clicquie or whats the addon called, but if you click, you should get it, will sure help you with healing too)
    In my guild we have really good healers but current fights are allways me (shaman) or the paladin the N1 in healing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmxNt...layer_embedded

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu657...layer_embedded

Some of the ToC(25) HC.

It seems you are kind of gemming for tank healing? although you are mostly using chain heal, as others have said you should be stacking haste. The way you are currently geared would favour a Rt/Lhw/Lhw style of healing.
    Earthliving is a poop glyph, ditch that. Maybe healing stream or Lhw if you use that too.

I roll Riptide pretty much everytime its up on a tank or someone low or standing in some shit like a doofus,
    Are you nearly oom at the end of a fight? you should be, no point having mana left! maybe you have too much of regen stats and not enough throughput?

Im not sure why people say "If you get x amount more of this and that stat you will do x amount more healing/dps" Stating the obvious is fun on the internet lolol if you get a door you can walk through walls k?

*provided you are raid healing*
    honestly stop stacking as much spellpower as you are and stack haste, its the best way i have seen to inprove HPS on shamans especially if you are focusing on chain heal
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Iron&n=Shaibar
    thats my armory and with the crap rings, boots, trinket, cloak and shoulders i can put out well over 4k HPS should the fight allow it (i do not waste mana, none of my raiders die without faiing to a nova of some kind). Also swap the spell power meta for the chane to return mana one, in order for 2% int to be better you need about 3k int. posted late so yeah what weas said, get haste, im on my way to stacking it now but the mentioned gear above is screwing me up.

and to spamming chain heal to not knowing the class if its called for you should, thats my job and what im told to do, i riptide to spot heal as necissary but the damage going out means i might as well just chain heal unless someone will die. grant it its all about adapting to a situation whilehealing, but chain heal is simply better healing output than LHW provided the other healers trust you to keep the group up and dont undercut the CHs

I use a lot of different spells to heal and im generally in the top 3 of healing done, but my % overhealed compared to the paladins is a lot lower.

Here is a link to the combat log of our raid on the two first bosses in heroic ToC

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...m/healingDone/

I do use chain heal, but only if over two people within range of eachother are hurt. On Northrend beasts fire bombs (or in ulduar on Mimiron Napalm Shells) you shouldnt use chain heal at all. But after a stomp and all the melee are hurt, your pretty safe to throw in a chain heal or two. Same goes for riptide, keep it up on your tanks (even multiple ones) the hot will heal a lot and with crits put Ancesteral Healing on the tank to reduce his/her damage taken.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1904&e=2442
    Log of Beasts/Jaraxxus/Fail champs attempts. For most raids CH is usually 40-50%, LHW is 18-25%, ES is 9-12% and everything else is sub 10.

And I really suggest you to change your metagem and glyoph of earthliving, = get lesser healing way

long drawn out reply....sorry

I wish I have the level of gear that you guys have. I am just in mainly 200 with some 219 and 230 stuff and have 2100 healing.
    I usually play resto druid but when I can get my shammy into a toc 5 H or naxx, or uld I do it.
    I am always told to chain in raids so I glyph for it. But they say shield the tank. What I can't understand is after playing a druid
    and hots for so long. I look and hey I got 4 spells damn that aint many compared to a druid.

but we are running uldar and we have a druid, pally, and me my little shammy healing.
    I look after the first 4 bosses and of course druid is beating me by about 6%. NOW what blew me away was over healing
    he was 40% over heal I was low man at 15%
    pally was 3rd in healing ...way back and I think about 30% over healing

but while that looks great and all... That was all I could put out .... I could not cast any more than I did, I spammed chain, rip, and had some lhw and ES

So do you see yourself doing a lot of over healing with massive haste? At what point does haste make you put out more over healing than healing ?
    Does it matter? I guess the only limit then is mana.

the only thing I wish I could get around some times is putting ES on the tank.
    1---BIG QUESTION to all the experts here, I have lost a clothy before and I am thinking of popping an ES on them, healing and then dropping it back on the tank. would this work to any effect?

I stopped caring about over healing back in Black Temple. As long as you aren't pushing yourself to the brink of going oom spam spam spam. When theres not much raid healing going on I just spam LHW on the tank. If it heals him cool, if not its not a big deal since I have the regen to support it.

No don't drop ES on a clothie keep it on a tank. If they are taking damage just heal them. Although if they're pulling aggro its their own fault for being retarded.

Shaman's are cool in that they can pump out a lot of heals without needing to get massive overhealing. Remember, Chain Heal is a smart AI spell, it doesn't just bounce around to anyone, it heals who needs it. Druids and Paladins are the kings of overheal because they just spam spells like crazy even if people don't need it necessarily. (and they won't run out of mana)

I wouldn't worry about overhealing when stacking haste, haste just means you'll have to worry about less of it honestly. Unless you just sit there and spam spells on people not taking damage. I notice a lot of people mentioning to use HW, or is that people just talking about LHW? I try to stay away from HW unless it's for tank purposes (untalented). While it's nice, it does tend to run you out of mana quick with several casts.

Last note, a lot of aoe damage in ToC is predictable, so it can be pretty easy to throw out chain heals just as things are going off to get the jump on things.

thank you for the info and I am sorry if I thread capped on this one.

its their own fault for being retarded. ROFL

Thank you for the info and i will consider all/most sugegstions
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?