an idea for immolate

i was thinking of a way for making immolate something that people wouldnt want to dispel like UA and came up with adding it to like nether protection

something like make it so theres a 33/66/100% that if immolate is dispelled then the dispeller takes a 3 second stun BUT doesnt get any extra damage like UA does. if its too OP of a talent then add like glyph of nether protection to do it :P make it a minor like curse of Ex(i know a bunch of destro locks with glyph of curse of ex lol)
    i think it could work

dont flame :P its just an idea

Re: an idea for immolate

No.

I don't know that it necessarily needs an effect like that, but there definitely should be some change to this. Adding dispel resistance would be the simplest method.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darikster
    an idea for immolate
    dont flame
    I lol'd

R.I.P. YARG

Destro's major weakness is if immo isn't up we can't do shit. but this might be taking it a bit too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

how bout just reduces all their stats by 40% for 5 seconds.

I would prefer a silence to a stun, but I like the idea.

Minimum penalty would be 3 seconds silence, but

60% chance it could be a 4 second silence, or

30% chance it could be a 5 second silence.

Let them decide whether it's worth the risk, but make the risk somewhat unknown. It's either gonna be a b or c.

Quote Originally Posted by lockinhiding
    I would prefer a silence to a stun, but I like the idea.

Minimum penalty would be 3 seconds silence, but

60% chance it could be a 4 second silence, or

30% chance it could be a 5 second silence.

Let them decide whether it's worth the risk, but make the risk somewhat unknown. It's either gonna be a b or c.

Stuns and silences just don't feel very 'warlocky' and they don't really fit with fire. While it would be nice to have the same mechanics of UA, I would much rather see something more creative.

Maybe something like http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=23023. Thats the conflag used by both Razorgore and Drakkisath. 10 seconds is obviously overpowered and wouldn't fly. Instead it could apply the same DoT effect you would get from your conflag spell plus a 3 second disorient and a small-ish amount of splash damage.

Add this to Improved Immolate.

In addition, if Immolate is dispelled it will cause damage equal to 33%/66%/100% of the remaining duration's damage.

Edit: Or as said above.

In addition, if Immolate is dispelled it will cause x damage to the dispeller and everyone within a y radius.