Poll: What does "stand right on top of star... like inside their body so you can't see yourself"

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Hardest concept for people to understand

Quote Originally Posted by TheSineLaw
    Fire buffs you, look at Lavaman for example
    Hear hear!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by draticus
    I'm pretty sure this is the hardest concept for people to understand in all of wow. People clearing ToGC25 cannot manage to stand closer than 5 yards from the person they are told to stand on. I'm just really curious if anyone else has noticed this.
    Is there even any fight you have to stand that close to eachother? In that raid instance that is

Quote Originally Posted by Klarth
    Even better, you drop a moonbeam (elune stone) and they still cant stand directly in it.
    Good idea, imma drop a moonstone on a fire patch next raid

"Dont talk to the npc"

Also, Red fire gives health, and blue fire gives mana?

Quote Originally Posted by danawhitaker
    I'm one of those people who has personal space "bubble" and I...
    This worries me, as it leads my mind to thinking of Space Paladins...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jsz
    The hardest concept for nearly everyone in my old guild (for some reason) was "stop dps on mob X and go dps mob Y". On Freya while trying to make the Snap/Storm/Water elementals die together, the instructions would be to burn one to 20%, burn the second to 20%, then the third to 20%, then aoe them all over. But invariably everyone would apparently just "get in the zone" and absolutely zerg them down to zero without even slowing down.
    Yeah same story here. I don't see what the fuck is so hard about that. (We asked to suspend dps at 50% on Snap to wait for the buff stack to fall off)

Same story at Mimiron, but it's even worse: you don't need to suspend DPS on any of the parts, they just need to die at the same time. So it's much easier than Freya. It requires no real coordination, you just have to watch their hp. Quite often some part was dead when another was at 30%. That makes me scream out loud. Really, you get there to P3, evade all the rockets, blasts, mines and whatnot, coordinate DPS in P2, then fail at looking at HP bars??? Seriously...

In our guild some people had difficulty understanding which is the right hand of Kologarn. (It's the left one if you stand in front of him, you know, that is so DIFFICULT. To make it more confusing, the right hand is named RIGHT HAND, omg!)

I choose the option not listed....
    assuming people care what your symbols mean.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by draticus
    I'm pretty sure this is the hardest concept for people to understand in all of wow. People clearing ToGC25 cannot manage to stand closer than 5 yards from the person they are told to stand on. I'm just really curious if anyone else has noticed this.
    Due to server sync issues and latency, people may appear a couple of yards away from their real location. It was very well visible when I was playing with my girlfriend. On my screen she was running just behind me, on her screen I was running just behind her. Weird stuff! (Our latency was around 100ms, so no big lag!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elanthari
    "Dont talk to the npc"

Also, Red fire gives health, and blue fire gives mana?
    They need to make an encounter like this just to mess with people.

Went to a Kara pug a while back, full 80's, just for the lols. After assuring us many times he'd done this place many times before, we got to Shade of Aran and our DK raid leader was shouting 'Move out of the fire ffs!' he was being serious, about 8/10 people moved....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    I don't like to change into a kitten and hitting enemies with my paws and rabies, I like assassinating with daggers and poisons!

Deleted

"Do not stand in fire. Sometimes the fire is red, sometimes the fire is blue and sometimes the fire looks like green gas. Do not stand in it."

Of course, Blizzard came with the most mind-breaking spell ever in a raid to completely obliterate everyone who has trained his or her reflexes to run from fire.
    Ehem...

o/~ I shall not move when Flame Wreath is cast, or the Raid blows up... o/~

Quote Originally Posted by danawhitaker
    I wouldn't say it's a difficult concept to understand, but I *really* have to force myself to do it. Out of game, I'm one of those people who has personal space "bubble" and I don't like people getting into mine and I tend to avoid others'. I find I do the same thing in-game. I will go around people rather than walk right through them even though there's no collision detection, and in most combat situations I will move away from the other melee players a bit so I'm not "crowded". When it's a situation where we absolutely have to stack to get the job done, I'll do it, but I do find it bugs me a bit. It's just not enough of an issue that I'd be willing to wipe a raid over it.
    Honestly I think it's this.
    (Incoming amateur psychology...)
    I know when I'm going to the bank in Dalaran I instinctually find a free spot around the teller when I don't really need to, hehe. And in reverse, if I'm standing there accessing the bank and someone comes and stands *right on top* of me I'm slightly miffed...I'm like, hey what am I, invisible? Get off me biatch.
    So yeah it's weird. That sort of thing is hardwired into us, hard to shut off even in a virtual world.

Although...by 'hard', i mean for a moment. If you can't get over it after the first few times, you may have bigger problems. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    Due to server sync issues and latency, people may appear a couple of yards away from their real location. It was very well visible when I was playing with my girlfriend. On my screen she was running just behind me, on her screen I was running just behind her. Weird stuff! (Our latency was around 100ms, so no big lag!)
    yea that's true, when you're moving, but it doesn't hold up when you're talking about STANDING ON A SPOT

LOL, you were speaking of TOC/TOGC. So yeah this is really the hardest concept to grasp.

In which fight do you think its really clever to gather people??? I simply dont get it.
    In all of the 5 fights, spreading out is the better alternative, you can think of a camp when doin anub tho.

And another tip:
    If you didnt realized by now, people in raids are like soccer pro´s, the hardest concept is always the one they have to follow right now.
    So just try to tell them to spread out, you will be astonished, how close to each other they will end up.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jsz
    The hardest concept for nearly everyone in my old guild (for some reason) was "stop dps on mob X and go dps mob Y". On Freya while trying to make the Snap/Storm/Water elementals die together, the instructions would be to burn one to 20%, burn the second to 20%, then the third to 20%, then aoe them all over. But invariably everyone would apparently just "get in the zone" and absolutely zerg them down to zero without even slowing down. We saw the same thing on Phase 1 Yogg adds. It was infuriating.
    zomg i thought my guild were the only ones, who dont have a clue what dmg-stop means... thank you!
    i mean, since i'm a tank i dont care about DPS very much but all they seem tho think is "OMG theres a target when i press tab DMMMMG GOOO PUSH RECOUT LOL"
    wiped about an hour+ at yogg cause people wouldnt stop DPSing the guardians when under 20% and not already standing near sara... finally had someone calling out "STOP" at every fucking one (preetttttttty annoying)

As mentioned, you should group during the submerges on Anub'arak (at least on Hard Mode). There is also a level of grouping required in Twin Val'kyr, albeit in 2-4 groups. (Two melee groups and two ranged groups, or two DPS groups, or one group by the door...)

But the other fights? Yeah, you want to spread out.

lol, stand in the fire got teh most votes, ppl sure are funny ;D
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

15+ Year Old Account

Ahahahahaha classic.

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be the new running joke in-game?

Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

That's Lava, not Fire.

you should add: Wow is just a nubgame now everyone can play it and go till endgame but will denie it was easy, and iwill get alot of hate couse it is like this ;p
    ^makes sigz k?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

We were trying to gear up some folks (new raiders, alts, etc.) in Uld-25 last night; half guild, half PUG. A surprising number of folks in that raid had NEVER been in Uld before... which made for an intereting night (until the server crashed... and never came back).

We were on Auriaya, and I'd mentioned the insanely hard tactic called "stack." Stack is apparently difficult. We even had myself and two other 'locks drop teleporters on top of each other, pointing out that people should stand under the "green disco light" (nice visual for people to get to).

A good halfdozen or more folks couldn't stack...