Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadowmourne and Arthus

Quote Originally Posted by tripleabd
    ok seriosly all posters /bump

my question was simple and clear!

Why does the HAMMER change to AXE? why doesnt it stay as Arthas Hammer and we kill him with it? like imagine his old hammer got angry of him cuz it was dumped in the frozen cave and ignored?!
    If you had fucking read your own thread you would've seen the answer already. Arthas' Hammer is MELTED DOWN with the Primordial Saronite and Festergut/Rotface's blood, and REFORGED into an Axe. L2read fml

Re: Shadowmourne and Arthas

while surfing thru Shadowmourne quests i have notices it begins with you going to the Frostmourne Lair and searching for Arthas ''Old Hammer'' before Frostmourne.... and then taking it thru different quest lines to change it to make it what we see now that is SHADOWMOURNE... now what I cant really understand is if we start with HAMMER why do we get an AXE?!

/discuss
    For the same reason Micheal Jackson started black and ended up white.

One question, Isnt Menethil's Might arthas's old hammer? The one that dropped from Naxxramas40

Quote Originally Posted by FrOsTSh0cK
    One question, Isnt Menethil's Might arthas's old hammer? The one that dropped from Naxxramas40
    Yes it is. Or at least it was. Or something.

EDIT: I can't really find a confirmation or proof that Might of Menethil was actually Arthas' mace. Might have been just a delusion that lasted for too long.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by t_P
    Yes it is. Or at least it was. Or something.

EDIT: I can't really find a confirmation or proof that Might of Menethil was actually Arthas' mace. Might have been just a delusion that lasted for too long.
    Or a retcon.

Kinda a good question i always wanted too weild Frostmourne : but its not gonna hapend.

after they annouced Shadowmourne i was realy exited cool looking an when i saw a little detail about the way it works i was blown away im quite happy with a axe

Quote Originally Posted by FrOsTSh0cK
    One of the quests in the chain for Shadowmourne, says his old hammer was called Light's Vengence, as you can see bellow.

The Sacred and the Corrupt
    It is against my judgment that I present you this errand, <race>, as it will likely end in your undoing. Ignore my counsel and embark on the endeavor, and I shall provide you with the knowledge and resources to see it through.

You must return to Frostmourne Cavern and recover Light's Vengeance, Arthas' discarded hammer. Reforged with saronite and etched with the acidic blood of the Lich King's abominations, it will provide the foundation for our work.

Does it really matter how the the quest is given? Only going to be a handful of axes completed per server IF that.

Re: Shadowmourne and Arthus

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    I hope you are just joking around.
    Hear that? Its the sound of a joke going way over your head.
    Woooosh.

P.S. He was commenting on how the OP spelt Arthas wrong (Arthus)
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

Killing Arthas is not a required step for getting Shadowmourne.

In fact, the only person to get the quest to kill the Lich King is the one that forges Shadowmourne in the first place.

We also have confirmation of the Lich King's death, if it wasn't obvious enough for some people. :

http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24748/t...gs-last-stand/

ok first of all
    /funny or go to funny.com for all those that look on the typo mistakes & through some sarcastic comments without getting to the point....
    this isn't an English school so please stop beign funny or I KEEL YOU!
    I want to type it as I want so LEAVE MEH ALONEH!

back to the MAIN TOPIC.
    if Shadowmourne was Mace it would be WAY better tbh cuz imo i think it should be a Paladin/Warrior/DK Wepeon because it is made from ARTHUS MACE!

now I knw all those out there that r huntards and whoever else that wants it that will say it will be unfair.... well IT SHOULD be Unfair becuz back in TBC Sunwell you HAD your OWN Legendary BOW JUST FOR YOUR CLASS! so FUCK OFF TARDS :P

for Shamen... well I dnt see any 2hand enhancement Shamen any more in the game its like 5% or 2 out of 100 Shamen as far as I have seen so you dnt need it.

furthermore having another legendary just like back in vanilla wow which was Ragnaros Legendary Mace would BE LEGEND-----wait for it-----DARY! just to spice things up and have it more interesting.

ok first of all
    /funny or go to funny.com for all those that look on the typo mistakes & through some sarcastic comments without getting to the point....

back to the MAIN TOPIC.
    if Shadowmourne was Mace it would be WAY better tbh cuz imo i think it should be a Paladin/Warrior/DK Wepeon because it is made from ARTHUS MACE!

now I knw all those out there that r huntards and whoever else that wants it that will say it will be unfair.... well IT SHOULD be Unfair becuz back in TBC Sunwell you HAD your OWN Legendary BOW JUST FOR YOUR CLASS! so FUCK OFF TARDS :P

for Shamen... well I dnt see any 2hand enhancement Shamen any more in the game its like 5% or 2 out of 100 Shamen as far as I have seen so you dnt need it.

furthermore having another legendary just like back in vanilla wow which was Ragnaros Legendary Mace would BE LEGEND-----wait for it-----DARY! just to spice things up and have it more interesting.
    Damn rogues took our bow, so shut up, i'll ninja your mace

Owait...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

ok first of all

back to the MAIN TOPIC.

since the internet has a spell check device on it, at least mine does, you should probably use it. Since that post looks like it was made by a 12 year old.

and you made no real point on why if it was a mace it would be better, it would just look different. The only positive side to it if it was a mace is that dwarfs would get 5 exp with it on
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

back to the MAIN TOPIC.

Truly, you are the apex of human evolution and we should all bow down to your superior cognative power.

thank you for the posts...

and my point of keeping it a hammer bcz it started AS a hammer! >.< and btw Humans and Dwarfs would benefit from it more.... my questions from the start was WHY does Blizzard want us to change it to an AXE? why not keep it as it is as Arthas's hammer it would be cool tbh walking around with the original Arthas hammer instead of a random looking legendary axe. well its the least of not being able to use Arthas's Frostmourne.

Im not sure if u ppl got my point in the first place.

and seriously who cares about the grammar mistakes.
    This...... Is...... FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111ONEONEONEONEoneoneoneone

thank you for the posts...

and my point of keeping it a hammer bcz it started AS a hammer! >.< and btw Humans and Dwarfs would benefit from it more.... my questions from the start was WHY does Blizzard want us to change it to an AXE? why not keep it as it is as Arthas's hammer it would be cool tbh walking around with the original Arthas hammer instead of a random looking legendary axe. well its the least of not being able to use Arthas's Frostmourne.

Im not sure if u ppl got my point in the first place.

and seriously who cares about the grammar mistakes.
    This...... Is...... FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111ONEONEONEONEoneoneoneone
    Mace+Sword=Axe

to the original poster

it's clear you're not following the logic. you won't be taking arthas's old hammer and enhancing it. think of the utilization of arthas's discarded item as a trash raid drop you disenchant. you destroy an epic turning it into crystal(s). add to said crystal(s) other mats and you can enchant a piece of gear you'll use. arthas's old hammer becomes just part of several components that will be used to enhance a completely different weapon from it's origin (yet to be discovered) to it's final incarnation as the legendary shadowmourne.

in short, you're not making this hammer better. you're breaking it down to enhance another item (likely an axe) that can eventually become shadowmourne.

edit: minor revisions

Amazing how difficult it is to understand that you melt the business-end of Arthas' old hammer down, and it is then being reforged into an axe with Saronite and a bunch of other things.

Lore of Arthas' Original Hammer> This POS Retconned Shadowmourne.

The "Gief Moar Orangezzz" mentality has turned the meaning of the word "Legendary" into complete crap imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Him: "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."
    Me: "What do you mean healing/mp5 capped?"
    Him: "I maxed my healing/MP5 so now I can successfully heal any heroic or any raid up to 10man lvl. Thats why I got some tanking gear on to help me survive longer in case I pull aggro from the tank."
    Awesome SIGZ MAYNE

Quote Originally Posted by mograineprotpally
    Lore of Arthas' Original Hammer> This POS Retconned Shadowmourne.
    The "Gief Moar Orangezzz" mentality has turned the meaning of the word "Legendary" into complete crap imo.
    What about Shadowmourne is a retcon?

Sounds like someone is bitter that the legendary has a Death Knight motif rather than a Paladin motif...and has no idea what a retcon is.