Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

DKs gone from top arena teams

Not only have I noticed 85%+ of top arena teams are horde (racial surprise), but DKs went from over represented to not at all.

Could this be they've been nerfed so badly that they arent viable? I mean, just comparing to an enhance shaman -

Strangulate - 2 min CD, 5 sec
    Hex - 45 sec CD, 8 sec (can be instant as enhance)

Mind freeze - 10 sec cd, melee range
    Wind Shear - 6 sec CD, ranged

Icebound Fortitude - 2 min CD, 20% reduced dmg, costs runepower, prevents stun
    Shamanistic Rage - 1 min CD, 30% reduced dmg, usable while stunned

Damage, bascially the same, if not more for shammy (scourge strike does paltry damage)

Now this is just ONE comparison, but really, why are the numbers so OFF with no compensation to DKs? I know they WERE op, but now, they arent represented at all, and if so, barely.

edit - Forgot to mention shamans have spirit wolves to match ghoul stun, with a shorter cool down, BUFFS from totems, and near immunity to snares.

Re: DKs gone from top arena teams

Dk's wear plate plus they have deathgrip and still have more defensive cd's. But numbers of Dk's in arena has dropped due to the nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by joey6000
    Dk's wear plate plus they have deathgrip and still have more defensive cd's. But numbers of Dk's in arena has dropped due to the nerfs.
    Plate = useless, get owned by caster, mediocre against melee. Spells such as bubble and frost nova/ice barrier are superior/ice block are superior.

Deathgrip =/= better than immune to CC, aka dropping earthbind totem freedom and wolf freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post

Tbh, 99% of people who play this game do not know what they want, but they want it now.

they dont need compensation, imo most dks would have gone back to their mains or rerolled ret paladins.

If I am not mistaken the top team ffrom Blizzcon had a Dk in it. TSG had a Death Knight, Warrior, and Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuurzag
    If I am not mistaken the top team ffrom Blizzcon had a Dk in it. TSG had a Death Knight, Warrior, and Paladin.
    Blizzcon was a little while back. They've been nerfed since then. More than once.

DKs r decent in 2v2, for 3v3 and 5v5 i would take ms warr or even ret pally over DK (with same skill and gear).

DK's arent pro anymore. All the twats are gone now. Only retards left ^_^

Just... stop mentioning my class for god's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Abramis
    Plate = useless, get owned by caster, mediocre against melee. Spells such as bubble and frost nova/ice barrier are superior/ice block are superior.

Deathgrip =/= better than immune to CC, aka dropping earthbind totem freedom and wolf freedom.
    DK's owned by casters? Lol, tell me what game you play? In your game DK's dont have AMS, stunining pet, death grip?

Lets compare pally to DK then

Hammer of justice - 6 second stun 45 sec cd
    Ghoul gnaw - 1 sec second stun 1 min cd

Divine shield - 12 seconds of Immunity 5 min cd
    Anti magic shield - 75% magic reduction 1 min cd

According to the OP, Im allowed to compare certain similar abilities without talking about anything else.

Btw OP = Trolling ^^
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

its utter crap to compare those classes/spells...
    and further, youre using wrong numers, dk petstun is 3seconds...
    go do your homeworks, clean up your room, or w/e but stop posting please.

compare one class with another isnt really the solution^^
    but yes dk isn that strong anymore but the main problem is not the dmg(exept by druids a good one should never die or even go oom vs a dk)
    the problem is that if you decurse the diseases you cant nuk and have to put them on again.Schamies and priest dont need to cast something for that (totem/hot) so if you fight against a schamie y will most likly kill aroung 200 cure totems (dont know really name) in 1 match
    its similar to ret palas in vanilla/tbc we are strong but vulnerable against dispell
    played a retpala in vanilla
    played a shadow in tbc
    played a DK in Wrath
    always my classes got owned by blizz

3v3 DK's are still ok..
    Best 3v3 Team Called "FOR THE ALLIANCE" They recently won a wildcard for The Major League Gaming 2009 Anaheim WoW Tournament.
    Team is :

Marksman Hunter : Huggreezy
    Unholy DK : Beastlol
    Holy Paladin : Kaseezy

You can't support your opinion about the entire arena DK population with a single top rated team.

Death Knights are not in the top rated teams because everyone that seriously played one got tired of being continually beat by the nerf bat. I played my DK 2300 last season and reverted back to my holy paladin and resto druid this season.

I enjoy playing 2v2 the most, so here is a typical 2v2 scripted scenario in a high rated match (against common priest/rogue for ex.). DK uses lichborn to prevent sap and get in combat with priest (usually will get shackled while UD then they open on dk's healer. if you don't lichborn you WILL get sapped), If you manage to get in combat with the priest, the rogue opens on you and completely locks your dps down, forcing you to open on the rogue. meantime priest fears your healer. DK uses IBF and AMS to prevent the priest's burst, and switches to frost presence to prevent dieing. priest fear wears off dk's healer, rogue blinds healer. DK cooldowns fade off, and you're essentially dead after the 25 sec when the priest fears your healer again with no trinket... or so far behind in healing/dmg you will lose unless the PR team makes a mistake-good players won't.

... now lets go revert back to a real class.

Other classes are better in arena because:

1) they can CC reliably
    2) DK's are a joke to kite or lock down. A DK WILL Death Grip you to them, but remember, you will be able to avoid much damage by just running away within a few seconds by cleansing CoI and continue to kite or lock down until the next DG.
    3) Other classes are consistent in damage. DK kills are 100% dependent on timing large cooldowns together for 1 shot at killing the enemy (gargoyle + ghoul stun + strangulate + emp rune weap) If you fail at the kill shot, you almost always won't have enough damage to kill something solo.
    4) MS

Quote Originally Posted by Laerdren
    You can't support your opinion about the entire arena DK population with a single top rated team.

Death Knights are not in the top rated teams because everyone that seriously played one got tired of being continually beat by the nerf bat. I played my DK 2300 last season and reverted back to my holy paladin and resto druid this season. Keyboard turner DKs running DK druid couldve passed 2300 urbad

I enjoy playing 2v2 the most, so here is a typical 2v2 scripted scenario in a high rated match (against common priest/rogue for ex.). DK uses lichborn to prevent sap and get in combat with priest (usually will get shackled while UD then they open on dk's healer. if you don't lichborn you WILL get sapped), If you manage to get in combat with the priest, the rogue opens on you and completely locks your dps down, forcing you to open on the rogue. meantime priest fears your healer. DK uses IBF and AMS to prevent the priest's burst, and switches to frost presence to prevent dieing. priest fear wears off dk's healer, rogue blinds healer. DK cooldowns fade off, and you're essentially dead after the 25 sec when the priest fears your healer again with no trinket... or so far behind in healing/dmg you will lose unless the PR team makes a mistake-good players won't. If u ran with a druid, u shouldnt have lost because a rogue alone cant kill a druid and you have enough peels to make that true.

... now lets go revert back to a real class.

Other classes are better in arena because:

1) they can CC reliably - CHAINS OF SPAM
    2) DK's are a joke to kite or lock down. A DK WILL Death Grip you to them, but remember, you will be able to avoid much damage by just running away within a few seconds by cleansing CoI and continue to kite or lock down until the next DG.run away from a DK? CHAINS OF SPAM!
    3) Other classes are consistent in damage. DK kills are 100% dependent on timing large cooldowns together for 1 shot at killing the enemy (gargoyle + ghoul stun + strangulate + emp rune weap) If you fail at the kill shot, you almost always won't have enough damage to kill something solo.is it really hard to press 3 cooldowns consecutively? Doesn't matter if you can't kill something by yourself. Run TSG. Profit

If you disagree with me, you are the one's playing a different class.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korgath&n=Luminant

hahahaha thats the most horse shit i've ever heard. Just because dk's can't keyboard turn and face roll their way to glad anymore dont' make them bad. Dk's are a bit more balanced now thats the reason all the bad people can't play them anymore, cause just like other classes, they are starting to require a bit more skill than b4. (Xcept warriors )
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account

I 3v3 as unholy dk with a survival hunter and paladin, we have had a consistent match making rating of 1800, im useing edge of ruin and the paladin is still gearing for pvp, we are now at 1660 , purchasing the items we need along the way, its only going to get better. Death knights are great partners in 3s especially with a hunter, chains of ice complements him massively. We usually go for a dps and i silence/stun/deathgrip/holypally stuns the healer at a cruicial time to kill the dps. Obviously it just requires some skill to play dk now, which shows game balance.

People always say stuff about DK's being easy to play. They were so easy to play they got nerfed. Now, they're incredibly easy to play and they don't do any good damage. You can't play them anymore complexly than you could prenerf. They didn't remove the ability to faceroll, they just made it so we can't do enough consistent damage to make a healer blow cds. So instead of removing facerollers, we just dont do shit. They didn't make it harder for DK's, DK's are worse(And by the way, comparing class abilities IS THE ONLY WAY to compare class balance. You just have to compare every ability and the possible partner's of that teams abilities. Which is too difficult to try so don't bother anyway >.<)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.