Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Cunning Pet for MM Hunter?

PvP should stop ruining PvE. End of story.

The majority of the player base is still largely PvE oriented, Blizzard should make decisions based off of what the majority needs.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80
    What are your dps numbers like for Silithid vs Wolf? Both the pet's dps alone, and your combined pet/player dps?
    Also, you should really look forward to the Wolverine Bite upgrade as it should boost your bug's dps as well ^^
    Oh yeah, the wolf beats it hands down. But if I'm going for raw dps I prefer marks(yes I know surv is better, but without sniper training the difference isn't enough to write home about.) As for getting wolverine bite, my hunter is 80, but thanks for the tip.

I'm a women and I love that bug.
    My apologies to you then, it was just the women in my guild who didn't like it then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Interesting, ever-changing gameplay should stop ruining "Don't stand in the fire dumbass". End of story.

The majority of the player base is still largely drones who follow YouTube videos of how not to stand in the fire, Blizzard should continue to create new raids with purple, green, and perhaps even yellow fire so that they have something to not stand in.
    Fixed :

Well, I am one of the few hunters who won't blindly tame a wolf, and may even go Cunning just so I can put points into a more useful than [Rapid Recuperation] which could increase my DPS more than a Wolfs part-time buff ever could.

Ok, but try the wolf too just to be fair. Compare that to the cunning pet you end up with and report back to us on the dps difference.

I don't run a dps meter (i have a shitty computer and they drop my frame rate too much) , but I can tell you that I notice my crits are considerably higher when running with the wolf than other pets I've tried...and to the point that my extra damage boost is going to trump whatever damage increase a different pet brings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Well, I am one of the few hunters who won't blindly tame a wolf, and may even go Cunning just so I can put points into a more useful than [Rapid Recuperation] which could increase my DPS more than a Wolfs part-time buff ever could.
    Feel free to pick what ever pet you want, but atm is you don't choose wolf, it's a dps loss. There are no two ways about it.

Ahh another heated pet discussion.../agree with Rilgon
    wolf or bust kay peeps? get it? got it? GOOD!.
    Noodles and Coke, diet of the raider. Found what he was after, after nearly 3months.

The problem with the wolf is that the AP boost effects the hunter (net pet) on a level other pets can't touch. Also, the 10% scale in the ferocity tree isn't something I'd design in a game. Scaling gets pretty scary once you get to high numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    So let me see this supposed talent build that squeezes out more DPS than the currently prevailing 7/57/7 to compensate for the loss of a Ferocity pet (and the loss of Furious Howl). I'd like to see it.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Furious Howl should be a Ferocity talent, and Call of the Wild should replace Roar of Sacrifice in Cunning.
    I do think it should be the other way round. Wolf gives what 320AP ? CoTW gives 10% raid buffed for me this is around 700AP.

I think the line they have drawn in the pet trees is very good. Ferocity for raw DPS, cunning for Utility and Tenacity for tanking. This design is almost perfect however the implementation should be changed slightly and every pet should be able to choose every tree. This would allow for many more unique pets that are viable (mabey not best) end game. Giving much more flavour to our class.

The thing that sets the wolf out at the moment is its 'Racial' which are probebly last on the 'big list of balance issues' so I would not expect to see balanced pets in the near future. But having more pets to choose from and more 'Racials' to play with in a raid enviroment might tip things in favour of another pet.

TLR - Lets try to focus more on having all 3 trees available to all pets. Because thats the best we can expect in the near or distant future regarding pet balance.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    PvP should stop ruining PvE. End of story.

The majority of the player base is still largely PvE oriented, Blizzard should make decisions based off of what the majority needs.
    I love how anyone who hears PvP gets red eyes and is all like ZOMG PVP IS RUINING PVE CAUSE I CANT USE A PVP PET FOR PVE WHAT IS THIS?!!?!?!? Last time I checked, talking to the pet trainers about what the different types of pets are, they specifically state that Cunning pets are FOR PVP SPECIFICALLY. Like, im pretty sure that they out right say PvP in the description. Thats like saying how they added more resil/stam to pvp gear to make it useless in pve is ruining pve. Shut up, you have no idea what you are talking about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

To the people who like non-wolf pets: yeah I hear ya, but at the end of the day, the wolves are the best.

I didnt read all the post's in this forum but, in 3.3 Cunning pets become pretty good with the wolverine bite change and what not

Quote Originally Posted by ghako
    I didnt read all the post's in this forum but, in 3.3 Cunning pets become pretty good with the wolverine bite change and what not
    I heard about this too. I might wait until 3.3 to take my Cunning Pet out.

If you use a cunning pet in 3.3 (which i plan on doing) from what ive tested and seen on the net, Wind Serpents are the best pve dps wise

Quote Originally Posted by ghako
    If you use a cunning pet in 3.3 (which i plan on doing) from what ive tested and seen on the net, Wind Serpents are the best pve dps wise
    Unless they're about 250 DPS more than a Wolf, it's still a net DPS loss.

Next time there is a boss testing on ptr ill let ya know

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Unless they're about 250 DPS more than a Wolf, it's still a net DPS loss.
    Howl is around 25 DPS, and because it is a part time buff, you cut the number in half, so it is 12.5 DPS overall. It is slightly greater than most family specials, but no that much.

GhostCrawler did say something about how the WoW Community is obsessed with efficiency, and that is one of the few times I will Agree with him.

My DPS, fully raid buffed with a Wolf, per Shandara's 92b: 8634
    My DPS, fully raid buffed with a Wind Serpent, per Shandara's 92b: 8405

229 DPS lost. Not worth it.

My numbers I'd loose 40.79 dps with the 3.3 changes and a windserpent instead of a wolf.