Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Any tank out there with 50k+ unbuffed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    Please quit counting Sanc/Kings. The question was unbuffed, and is not the same as Frost Presence on a DK which is more like going Bear Form on a Druid, it's required to be able to tank at all, whereas blessings are not.
    The GENERAL logic is SELF BUFFED. So, a paladin should have BoS added directly into his stamina/hp pool because he will ALWAYS have it unless he is a moron. Granted, gearing for that much stamina (as given in my examples) is something a moron would do, but I have faith that anyone that could get to that gear has the brains to always keep Blessing of Sanctuary up. I consider commanding shout while talking about warriors as well. Not to mention frost presence and bear form. Self buffs count for the class in question.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    The GENERAL logic is SELF BUFFED.
    That's great and all, but the OP specifically said unbuffed.

I would associate Kings/Sanc for a paladin with Horn of Winter for a Death Knight (or Mark of the Wild for a Druid). Yes, they'll always be using it, but it's not a "required" tanking buff (unlike Righteous Fury, Dire Bear Form, and Frost Presence).

So, continue with the fully unbuffed mindset so they can have some fun

15+ Year Old Account

The GENERAL logic is SELF BUFFED. So, a paladin should have BoS added directly into his stamina/hp pool because he will ALWAYS have it unless he is a moron. Granted, gearing for that much stamina (as given in my examples) is something a moron would do, but I have faith that anyone that could get to that gear has the brains to always keep Blessing of Sanctuary up. I consider commanding shout while talking about warriors as well. Not to mention frost presence and bear form. Self buffs count for the class in question.
    That's stupid, because EVERY class will have blessing of sanctuary, kings, commanding shout, etc. in a raid environment. The ONLY buffs that should be counted are *self-only* buffs, like forms and presences, when talking about unbuffed anything.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

A paladin would also ALWAYS have fort, mark, flask, etc etc etc unless hes a moron...Should we count those as unbuffed too? Let's stick with unbuffed.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Why on earth are people saying Prot Paladins have an extra 10% stam just because of Sanctuary

Speaking of general logic, this thread is about tanks who are unbuffed, not self buffed.

Paladins do have a talent that gives 6% increased stamina as protection.

Quote Originally Posted by happyness
    Paladins do have a talent that gives 6% increased stamina as protection.
    They get 14% from talents actually, 6% from Combat Expertise, and 8% from Sacred Duty.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

So are we counting warriors "unbuffed" with their commanding shout too? Cause if we are factoring in paladins Sanctuary than surely warriors will always have that shout for themselves, and druids mark of the wild.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...urne&cn=Popolo

Thats the best geared tank on my server and hes well short of 50k unbuffed. Im not sure its entirely possible even stacking stamina

Haven't read all the replies so i'm not sure if this is interesting, but a druidtank on my realm has 52,5k unbuffed in bearform.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17615362642&sid=1&pageNo=1

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/879...2009190723.jpg

observe the no tenacity. yeah yeah he had survival instincts and a stam trinket procced but that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrdoxe

Selfbuffs: Places a Blessing on the friendly target, reducing damage taken from all sources by 3% for 10 min and increasing strength and stamina by 10%. In addition, when the target blocks, parries, or dodges a melee attack the target will gain 2% of maximum displayed mana. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.

EDIT: New Sanctuary buff
    I'm sure someones corrected you allready as this post is on the first page and pretty wrong, but if not : Sanctuary is not a selfbuff only... so anyone can get it, and on top of that, and thats the important thing -> It does not stack with kings

On topic : most I can reach is 46kish unbuffed, but I don't, as it's unnessecary... so I use the armour trinket instead of the normal mode stam trinket, and I don't use any silly enchants. It's currently not possible to get 50K as a paladin (I say this without running the numbers, perhaps in full 258 and lolenchants/gems you have 50001)

-> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...utland&n=Enbee pretty close to BiS, and nowhere near 50k ub (lets ignore 258 t9)

So the answer is within all reasonable likelyhood : NO(unless you have fur)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    It's not a problem though, i've got the most HP out of all the current tanks, and i believe due to Holy Shield, i've got the highest avoidance out of us all.
    What exactly would holy shield do to your avoidance? I assume you ment to type mitigation

Also when calcing "block cap", do you consider raidbuffs? Pretty easy to achieve with (esp. if someone is debuffing for miss), very hard to achieve without, I've been floating around it for ages(ub), while at this point in tbc I had 10% more avoidance, and 20k hp was NICE

k, SO after going through all loot tables and slowly picking out the highest stam pieces i have concluded that:

1. Took a pally because 1 stam = 1.14 (14% additional stam from talents)
    2. with gear alone (no chants/gems) is 36,634 unbuffed
    3. Adding gems he gains 749 unmodified and moves up to 44,899
    4. Adding enchants it goes up to 47,519
    Meaning hitting 50k for a pally is damn near impossible D:
    but on a fun fact most would think that a pure stam stacking pally would be scrubish as he wouldn't meet caps.

Defense Rating
    Defense Skill
    Dodge Rating
    Dodge Chance %
    Parry Rating
    Parry Chance %
    Block
    Block Rating
    Block Chance %
    Avoidance %

Add holy shield to him and boom 100% avoidance.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Edeila
    k, SO after going through all loot tables and slowly picking out the highest stam pieces i have concluded that:

1. Took a pally because 1 stam = 1.14 (14% additional stam from talents)
    2. with gear alone (no chants/gems) is 36,634 unbuffed
    3. Adding gems he gains 749 unmodified and moves up to 44,899
    4. Adding enchants it goes up to 47,519
    Meaning hitting 50k for a pally is damn near impossible D:
    but on a fun fact most would think that a pure stam stacking pally would be scrubish as he wouldn't meet caps.

Defense Rating
    Defense Skill
    Dodge Rating
    Dodge Chance %
    Parry Rating
    Parry Chance %
    Block
    Block Rating
    Block Chance %
    Avoidance %

Add holy shield to him and boom 100% avoidance.

Sigh... avoiding a hit means you take 0 damage, block is NOT avoidance.

Stop spreading lies

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

When I originally posted I was under the impression the OP meant UNBUFFED. Get that self-buffed crap out of here. We all know that everyone in the raid is likely to have all available buffs. I was not including Commanding Shout into my calculations. My warrior sits shy of 42k UNBUFFED. I am not in BiS gear but with almost all the best available gear I can attain. Guild is currently 3/5 TotGC 25H.

We all know bears and paladins will/should have more HP. Yes I realize every tanking class gets stam bonuses. Bears and paladins have more is all. I still want to see a link to that paladins armory though. 47k WITHOUT Sanc seems rather high and I want to be sad/jealous of his gear. Then again extreme stam stacking is slightly retarded.

Oh and offtopic but a few people had mentioned it. Raid buffed I'm at 51.8k, Last Stand + H Satrina's popped I can get up to 74k~

I love doing WG with lots of tenacity. Most hp I've seen myself at so far is 128k. I felt OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    the best part about all this? i have empirical evidence on my side. you? you have nothing. i COULD take even more away, but that would be inhumane. enjoy your cranberry sauce in lalaland while i do a charleston with my girlfriend.
    Support your local EMS, run with scissors.

With a tauren it should be very doable.

With other races... still doable, but you'd suck big hairy balls cause you'd have 0 avoidance, you'd be a huge mana void zone for healers.

Our Feral Tank chills close to 50k unbuffed and sits at a few hundred under 60k in a 25man raid

Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon
    There was this warrior on my server with 50276 hp. Too bad he had like 0 avoidance
    that's funny, I only stack stamina too and still got a lot of avoidance.

too bad you can't count on rng to save lives
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering