Question about ranged DPS

I'm thinking of starting a ranged char for a mix of PvE and PvP. Current char is a Rogue.

For ranged damage, which is the most needed - Shaman or Mage or Warlock or Shadow Priest?

Kinda of leaning toward a shammy, but thought I'd get some experienced input first.

Thanks!

Re: Question about ranged DPS

My main is a mage. But usually I see either warlocks or hunters rocking the top of the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by doomstriker
    I'm thinking of starting a ranged char for a mix of PvE and PvP. Current char is a Rogue.

For ranged damage, which is the most needed - Shaman or Mage or Warlock or Shadow Priest?

Kinda of leaning toward a shammy, but thought I'd get some experienced input first.

Thanks!
    If you want to top charts in top-end content, a Shammy is not for you. However, Shamans still do decent dps and they're incredibly fun to play. They bring some unique buffs (although they're constantly being given to other classes.. how long before someone else gets bloodlust?), and the totem system isn't so bad since the changes that allow us to place them all in 1 GCD. What is the most needed, however, is highly dependent on your server and guild. Any raids I've ever been in try to have at least 1 shaman of every spec, and my guild leader likes to run with 2 eles -- so they have a place in raids. My old server had an abundance of shamans but the new one I'm on seems to be a bit more lacking. If you're looking for a fun class to play, I would wholeheartedly suggest a Shaman.

At the end of the day, I think you have to play what you enjoy most. However, if you roll a spriest or a shaman, expect to be asked to heal a lot.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Thanks for the input.

Think I'm going for a Tauren Shammy.