Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TOC10 2 healers or 3?

Facts: 2 tanks geared at about 36k health each with an average of i226 level gear some 213 and some 245, but an average of i226.

DPS: will all be above 3k dps with some hitting 4 and 5k, maybe 6k if lucky.

1 Healer will be in almost all 232 and 245 i level gear and is an awesome healer who has 2 healed naxx10 when it was a challenge. He's a shaman.

I have only gone into TOC10 one time so far and it was run by a pro guild. IT was a full clear. I was hungover and also paying attention living through all the new fights(which i did) but I failed to notice if we had 2 or 3 healers.

I'm leading a raid tonight and was wondering if I should get 2 healers or 3 healers for TOC10? NO Hard modes. Just regular TOC.

Please give your answer and elaborate as to why. I want to know what people are doing and what is the norm and take in your suggestions.

Thanks!
    -Erst

Re: TOC10 2 healers or 3?

2 healers.

There's very rare situations in raids nowdays, especially in normal modes that will require 3 healers.
    My guild rerolled onto horde not too long ago, we had only done up to hodir in Uld 10 and we went into Toc.
    Most people were naxx 10 geared and the odd bit that we'd picked up from the start of uld - we went with a holy priest and holy paladin and cleared Toc in a night.

Your setup sounds much better geared than we were so you should have no problem getting through with two healers.

3 is fine.
    Proud Bear/Kitty Lover for 8 Years.
    >Armory

If it's a pug, 3 healers.
    If it's a guildrun and everyone knows what they're doing, 2 healers.
    If it's a guildrun and everyone doesn't know what the f to do, 3 healers.

2 healers should be fine, me (a Rshaman) and a Holy paladin 2 healed it yesterday.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

We use 3 for every boss except for anub, where we have our disc go shadow.

Holy Pally
    Resto Druid
    Disc Priest

This allows us to kill anub using only 1 burrow phase, and therefore can use 6 ice patches for kiting if everyone has their head up their ass.

This is for our heroic clears. Normal clears we only use 2.
    This space for rent.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan
    If it's a pug, 3 healers.
    If it's a guildrun and everyone knows what they're doing, 2 healers.
    If it's a guildrun and everyone doesn't know what the f to do, 3 healers.

2 healers should be fine, me (a Rshaman) and a Holy paladin 2 healed it yesterday.
    +1 for agreement. Also, if your healers are undergeared, it's best to have 3. If not, then 2 handle it just fine. I (as disc) and a holy priest 2-healed it all this week, and people only died by doing stupid things like stand in fires or run into 20 of the wrong balls on Twins. It was actually kinda fun getting to use Prayer of Healing every once in awhile as disc.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

If your healers are a little unsure as its their first run, then 3 healers is perfectly fine, and perhaps recommended for beasts/jaraxxus. There are no enrage timers and almost no circumstance where lack of dps will severly hurt you, so think of that 3rd healer as a safety net untill everyone knows what they are to do.

It is probably recommended that you only ever use 2 healers on anub. There's no part of the fight where you need that much healing, and the bonuses an extra dps brings are very strong.

As soon as your whole group is comfortable with every boss, then there is almost no reason to take a third healer other than security. 2 healers that are alert is more than enough for every fight.

Good healers - take two. Not so good ones - three.

/thread

As a RL myself I would suggest you get 3 healers to start off with, especially if these are your first times doing ToC10 as a group. It would also be great if one of those 3 healers had a DPS dualspec they could switch too as the fights I would start off with 3 healers are:
    1) N-Beasts: Snobolds, Fire, Toxin, Bile dmg are much easier to manage with 3 healers than 2.
    2) Fact. Champs: A third healer allows you to keep the whole raid alive whilst still allowing for decent focus spent on dispelling/decursing/etc.
    3) Twins: Much simpler to keep the DPS alive whilst their mindlessly eating those orbs, especially on vortex switches.

Jaraxxus and Anub can be quite easily be handled with 2 good healers even on 'fresh' tries.

Note, all encounters on ToC10 normal can defo be done with 2 healers (even with a avg ilvl of 218-220: dps/healers. Tanks need a bit higher) if everyone is thoroughly experienced in the encounters and are above average players.

considering that TOC10 is easier than naxx or even voa, i'd say two heal it.

If you cast levitate on your ranged/healers before Gormok (first boss in ToC) then the fire bomb will fly through the air, hit the person, knock them out of levitate, but will not create a flame patch and therefore do no damage.
    This space for rent.

You can do 2 or 3 healers it really wont make a difference. The enrage timers are very hard to even reach so the extra dps isn't needed to beat them.

I wouldn't be surprised if a geared/skilled healer could solo heal reg 10 man totc.

When you move to togc 10 man i suggest using 3 healers for most fights if your dps is good enough to beat enrages/kill portals/break shields. However i've cleared all of 10 togc with 2 healers (rsham/rdruid).

Everything will die so much faster
    Augustin. US Frostmourne.

Two healers are best option, three are not needed there (useful for 10hc). You can go with only 1 healer imba too (2tanks,7dps), it's pretty fun when Gormok dies after just 2 kobolds been thrown ;-)

3. If you aren't going to have epic nice dps (6k+ at all times from 6 dpsers) the extra heal helps.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

For normal? We have done it with a single resto druid on all fights but beasts (I helped 2 heal there)
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

If you are just starting in TOC10 take 3 healers, who you can gear up. Great if they are a shammy, Priest and Pally. Because then no healing loot goes to waste as it will all go to mainspec healers.

Our 10man Retadin is totaly pimped out in Plate healing gear, which he will almost never get a chance to use. Which is a real pity.

Gearing up 3 healers will help with the transition to Heroic and or 25mans.

does the dps have downs and stand in fire? 3 healers
    does the dps move out of fire, and properly switch targets? 2 healers
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

I have yet to 3-heal ToC10 or Ulduar10. 2-Healing just seems the way to go for me, and it works phenomenally as long as the DPS have even the situational awareness of a semi-conscious bovine.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
    -Voltaire

just cram 10 players in there 2 of them claiming they can heal, 2 claiming they can tank and clear that shit - since FC have been nerfed its ezmode anyway ...