Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: ToC 10... Is it my fault...?

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Been slightly inactive for a while my friends been dealing wiv my char for time, obvs mkn me ret.. .and i got there and my char was even more fail thn this one xD lolz
    If your friend did that he's not really your friend...

Been slightly inactive for a while my friends been dealing wiv my char for time, obvs mkn me ret.. .and i got there and my char was even more fail thn this one xD lolz
    Please for the love of god spell complete words /endenglishmajorrant

Back on topic, change gems/spec/etc. There are plenty of resources out there that will help you, just go to them.

Oh... dat sucks prot is the way to go. And yes i did try to troll but utterly phaild, damn you and your quick wit! obviously im just going to say same as everyone else... GEMS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

edit: I looked at your armory and decided you are just trolling.

I noticed you like socket bonuses.

EDIT: Only been 80 for 2/3 weeks... dnt flame too hard plz :S
    THERE WE GO! not trying to troll but toc 10 in 2 weeks? no

Deleted

Hahahaha i've done it xD as i said just have trouble on the beasts, namely the worms, the rest is tooooo easy! xD honest, after beasts, no wipes and yes, i like socket bonuses and i was partially tank geared from my mate and i had tons of emblems xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hasslehoff
    THERE WE GO! not trying to troll but toc 10 in 2 weeks? no
    Remember when people used to wipe in Naxx?

I don't know about anyone else, but I could barely understand the guy at all. You seem to have an issue with stringing together a single thought when you type out your sentences.

Yeah, that and resilience on tanks is bad, m'kay.

And get some enchants on that shoulder.

As for your original question...I have no idea. Like I said, I couldn't read anything through the garbled mess. I'd worry less about what caused the wipe and focus more on school.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Soulssong
    I don't know about anyone else, but I could barely understand the guy at all. You seem to have an issue with stringing together a single thought when you type out your sentences.

Yeah, that and resilience on tanks is bad, m'kay.

And get some enchants on that shoulder.

As for your original question...I have no idea. Like I said, I couldn't read anything through the garbled mess. I'd worry less about what caused the wipe and focus more on school.
    well learn to speak english then ¬¬

15+ Year Old Account

Guys... 1 constructive post ¬¬ 1... and he was telling you all off can someone give me someone genuine advice without being a dicksplash?
    That's been done, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentin
    Dude, you asked for help and advice on a WoW enthusiast forum. You have to be prepared to handle both the good and bad feedback your receive.

Assuming your not trolling, which I am on the fence about, here are my suggestions

1.) Your spec is horrid. You go too deep into the holy tree. Pick unnecessary talents in the Prot tree. Leave out necessary talents in the Prot tree. And do not go far enough into the Ret tree. Not everyone has to spec the same, but at least do some research on your class and understand why most people pick certain talents over others.

Useful resources are this forum (search function works wonders) and I would also suggest Maintankadin (google search).

2) Your glyphs need some work. You have one good Major glyph out of 3. I would research on the sites I mentioned above on what are good glyphs for Prot Paladins, and why.

3) Your gear isn't absolutely horrible, for what I'm assuming is normal 10 TOC. Especially if you have decent healers, however, as was stated before the gems need some serious work.

4) I'm assuming if you do not research all of the above, you may not put in the work to research the fights you are attempting and know all the mechanics. It's very important that everyone knows the mechanics of a fight, but especially the tanks. I would research and watch videos on this site or additionally would recommend Tankspot.

If you can fix those, you can't go wrong in normal ToC, if you have non-brain dead healers and DPS who pay attention.
    Sure his first paragraph seems a bit... Dickish, but he's telling the truth.

Anyway, on point. You really need to figure out your spec, gems, and glyphs, as many people have said. Deralte posted a link to the FAQ, so, you can check that, or you can stay here (use both and other sources that have been mentioned as well.)

This spec runs Seals of the Pure. Note: I am fully aware that runs SotP isn't "the best" but some tankadins do like using it. If they can do their job without a problem while spec'd into SotP, stop whining about it. It's called play style.

This Spec does not run SotP Note: This one is a tad bit more defined then the last spec for ToC Tanking, since it includes Pursuit of Justice, it however has less threat generation with no SotP.

This is probably the highest Threat Gen Spec. Note: Don't hold me to it. I don't keep 100% up to date with tankadins, but I'm aware at one point 0/53/18 was the highest threat generation spec that could be run. This spec is virtually the same, just with two points pulled from Prot and slapped into Pursuit of Justice, which wasn't in the 0/53/18 spec.

There's other specs that can be run that work well, but that's all I'm going to spot for specs, because it's the only specs I (PERSONALLY) view as very viable.

Here is a template of what you should look like in the EXACTLY with how your character looks like right now. I realize some people will say (who check the template) that it's bad or what, because I went for socket bonuses or whatever, and I don't really care. The reason I did the things I did in the template I made, were because he's not hit capped, so using the Vivid Eye of Zul's aren't a bad idea. I used both a Defender's Dreadstone and Regal Dreadstone, simply because it said they'd both grant the same avoidance, and just because I wanted to push his parry over 19%, so it's meh really.

Now this template is roughly your same gear, but some slightly different, and very easily obtainable pieces of gear. It's also included with your JC and Mining maxed out. The bracers are from 10 man Flame Levi, extremely easy to pug if your guild doesn't run 10 man Ulduar, the boots are from 5 man Regular ToC, the belt is from emblems of conquest, and the new ring is from 10 man easy mode Twins, which you should be able to easily get to once you've made some changes. Now, I used the Crab trinket in this template, because I was unsure of whether or not you have a Direbrew stamina trinket, which if you do, use that. Another thing, I used strictly Defender's Dreadstones in this template because of the fact that Parry was going to end up a bit, wanted to boost it as high as possible, but you can use the agi/stam gem if you prefer. You do also need to work on getting exalted with either the Sons of Hodir or the Scryers, so you don't have to gem more Def to hit the cap. You could however, just gem 2 more Enduring gems, get the def cap and use the Stam/Resil PvP shoulder enchant, which would grant a bit more stamina. Up to you.

That's really all I can think of to help you out. The rest has already been said, just added what I deemed worthy. Good luck.
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

Anything that could have been said has been said. However I will add in the suggestion to the OP, you shouldn't try to make fun of people or bash people, you have no support in it nor can you do it well. Take the criticism like you asked for it to be brought, make the changes, and better yourself.

Now .... *Back to eating popcorn as drama unfolds* ...
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

Okay, lets have a look:
    Fail meta-gem: Get the one raising stam and armor.
    Fail gems: Dont gem anything else than defence or stamina, AND FOR GODS SAKE NO RESILIENCE! :X
    Block is not great: Try to get as many pieces as gear as possible where there is little to no block rating on.
    Spec is terribad!: Though i like you aren't übern00b and took 2 sec reduction on judgement, that would ruin your rotation. This is better.
    Medium glyph fail: Judgement (10% moar dmg from judge) and SoV (10 expertise when active is w00t) is better.
    Profession progress: Well, this is more min/maxing it, but try to work at least your mining up to max, it seriously gives you ALOT of health, because it helps JC. :P
    Syobon action-cat for secret last boss in WotLK!

Congratulations, you actually had me convinced that you weren't trolling.

Here's what makes me come to this conclusion:

1) Your spelling is absolutely dreadful. Nobody can write like that without putting effort into it(This is mainly directed to one of your posts, where I felt like shutting my monitor down just from reading it)

2) You completely ignore the feed-back given, and insult those trying to help you.

3) I just can't believe there has been any thought behind that spec.

4) The majority of your posts has been made in this thread, repeating the same over and over and over again. "Beasts = Wipe. Everything else is EZ" "Stfu dicksplash, I'm better than you" "¬¬"

Yeah... succesful troll is succesful. Bye now

He actually spoke better English then you. The only problem you could possibly come up with is his use of "m'kay." Even with that slight flaw, he put periods (you know ".") at the end of his sentences, he capitalized the first letter of every sentence, and he made his post very easy to read.

It is now really apparent to me that you are a troll. You want advice but when people give you advice, you tell them that you are insulted. People are giving you good advice and you disregard it because you think you are better then a group of people who together to optimize different parts of World of Warcraft. Either take the advice nicely (for the most part) given to you, or stop asking for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrial
    Okay, lets have a look:
    Block is not great: Try to get as many pieces as gear as possible where there is little to no block rating on.
    Spec is terribad!: Though i like you aren't übern00b and took 2 sec reduction on judgement, that would ruin your rotation. This is better.
    Medium glyph fail: Judgement (10% moar dmg from judge) and SoV (10 expertise when active is w00t) is better.
    1. You should specify that Block rating is not great, Block value however is decent.

2. His spec is terribad but you trying to make fun of people for putting 2/2 in improved judgement because "it would mess up your rotation" is rather stupid. If a tank has to worry so much about rotation, that he needs it refined so strictly then the tank isn't paying enough attention to his surroundings or what the boss is about to do. The only ability that really matters is Holy shield which has top priority. And if threat is a problem, then simply learn to play because threat generation is stupid for a prot paladin right now.

3. Never suggest Seal of Vengeance for a prot paladin, the expertise is near useless. Go judgement if you really need that third glyph to be useful.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

15+ Year Old Account

I believe this statement requires nothing more than a simple.. "no u." Have a nice day.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Volcris
    Honestly, this is why I hate WoW enthusiasts, You cannot give him advice without insulting him at the same time.

The guy came here asking for honest advice, how the hell is that a troll? and then 90% of the responses ARE trolls.
    ----------
    They only strike out because they don't know any better.
    You couldn't be more right, people will hate you and people will love you for that post!

Hmmm...you don't have Touched by the Light, and everything else about you is offensive to my soul, including your general attitude and overuse of emoticons.

I can only surmise that everyone else in your guild is amazing for being able to do anything with you being the only thing standing between them and certain doom.

Once you do a little, tiny bit of research and determine that Paladins need Spell Power, I'll try to help you.

Until then you're a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrial
    Okay, lets have a look:
    Fail meta-gem: Get the one raising stam and armor.
    Fail gems: Dont gem anything else than defence or stamina, AND FOR GODS SAKE NO RESILIENCE! :X
    Profession progress: Well, this is more min/maxing it, but try to work at least your mining up to max, it seriously gives you ALOT of health, because it helps JC. :P
    Yes, the 2% mana boost is better and surely would benefit him greatly. Of course.

As for your "Don't gem for anything but defense and stamina", why do I get the feeling you're one of those people who gets to 540 defense and stacks as much stamina as possible while having almost no mitigation or avoidance?

By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Not losing Aggro at all xD and i'm goin online to replace those gems tonight and Munk ¬¬ get fucked... i've done fine everywhere i've been really, so go crawl back inside tht dino they call your mum..... yeah... i said it

Lol with the typing I was pretty sure he was a stupid 10 year old, but with the race and talent spec screw up its confirmed. Like Munk said learn how to play a Paladin and learn what to gem for, or is this game really that complicated for you?