Page 1 of 3
LastLast

SPOILERS! Possible boss in frostmourne room

Check out the Wrathgate Cinematic at 2:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrMa_sU1Nnk

It looks like Arthas Absorbs Saurfang JRs soul into hes sword. And the Frostmourne room really do look like some kind of prison due to the spectral chains in the sky. It would make sense since Bolvar returns in ICC.

I dont think Saurfang is an entierly new boss, i just think hes a part of the whole lich king encounter. And i dont mean Saurfang will be the only soul in the frostmourne room. Hes hordes version of Bolvar, and Bolvar got a big role in ICC. Im sure there will be plenty of other angry spirits there too.

Errant said that King Terenas Menethil II, Arthas father, also might appear in the frostmourne room, as he died by Arthas sword. That would explain the new model of him.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: SPOILERS! Possible boss in frostmourne room

could be

15+ Year Old Account

I kinda hoped we would be able to kill a lot of sucked up souls in there...

I mean... he did steal more Lore Guy's souls than only the one of Saurfang... Remember the final quest for DK's?
    Dawwwwwww

u cant redeem him.. arthas is evil, arthas is in control, not nerzul nor a combined fusion of the 2. the lich king is arthas, sooo.... no

Quote Originally Posted by lichy
    u cant redeem him.. arthas is evil, arthas is in control, not nerzul nor a combined fusion of the 2. the lich king is arthas, sooo.... no
    Umm... There is no Arthas or Nerzul anymore... Its the Lich king as in one thing. Arthas is dead. not coming back... no longer with us. Or even has been the past... idk... since hes been wearing the Armor/Lich kings helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos43
    Umm... There is no Arthas or Nerzul anymore... Its the Lich king as in one thing. Arthas is dead. not coming back... no longer with us. Or even has been the past... idk... since hes been wearing the Armor/Lich kings helm.
    Actually, he does infact exist. You'd know if you looked around for the part from Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. No, you don't have to read the book. I didn't.

But I believe that since Arthas ALSO killed Matthias Lehner, he pretty much lacks all possiblities of redeeming. He's pretty much just the Lich King now, still existing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Atica
    Check out the Wrathgate Cinematic at 2:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrMa_sU1Nnk

It looks like Arthas Absorbs Saurfang JRs soul into hes sword. And the Frostmourne room really do look like some kind of prison due to the spectral chains in the sky. It would make sense since Bolvar returns in ICC.
    Uh, Saurfang's the fourth boss in the instance. Old news.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepallys
    Dont be such a negative nancy there has to be a way, there always is. He was human once and he still has a tiny bit of good in him, human Hope doesn't die.
    He does not have an organic heart. Even if he's redeemed, he'd die from cardiac arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Atica
    It looks like
    No that is what he is doing, what else?..

I think the Frostmourne room is goign to have something to do with http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24547/a-feast-of-souls/. The room appears to be where all of the souls that Frostmourne has claimed are located, and the quest requires devouring a thousand souls so...yea.

Quote Originally Posted by petchel
    I think the Frostmourne room is goign to have something to do with http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24547/a-feast-of-souls/. The room appears to be where all of the souls that Frostmourne has claimed are located, and the quest requires devouring a thousand souls so...yea.
    the quest says "slay 1000 minions", so I don't think it has something to do with the room
    the room could be part of the lich king fight - similar to the Kalecgos fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepallys
    Dont be such a negative nancy there has to be a way, there always is. He was human once and he still has a tiny bit of good in him, human Hope doesn't die.
    Since when being human makes for a redeemable character? You know the worst atrocities you can imagine? A human has probably done it somewhere, sometime... Even the fact that we are able to conceive such heinous acts points to a seed of evil inside all of us, and believe me, in some of us the seed becomes a Teldrassil (or howerever you spell it).

frostmourne itself.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

At 30% NPCs will come out and jump into Frostmourne. A link is provided to what the NPCs are going to look like. Don't click unless you enjoy spoilers.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/277/npcg.jpg

Got to love all these conspiracy theroies about what bosses are going to be in what areas in ICC. There are some that make sense. There are others that are way out of right field. The whole Saurfang indea does have some merit due to what we seen in the Wrathgate Incident.

As far as the whole Arthas and saving Arthas, or separating him from Nerzul... Well, remember that it was Mal'ganis and the whole Culling of Stratholme started this whole mess. That lead Arthas to heading to Icecrown in the first place. Then, the whole Frostmorne issue.

It's almost like the Lord of the Rings with Fordo. The longer Fordo possessed the ring, the most influence it had on him.

Similarly speaking, Nerzul uses Frostmourne to communicate to Arthas, which eventually drove him mad. Then, in the final act, Arthas freely gave his will over to Nerzul and fused with him to become the new Lich King. So, not sure if there will be a way to separate Arthas from the Lich King/Nerzul. It was Arthas' choice. It is possible that some spark of humanity still lies deep inside the Arthas part of the Lich King. We have yet to see what will happen. Blizzard has a funny way to make things happen and possible in WoW.
    Work in Progress....

Frostmourne is going to eat you C'thun-style.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernor
    At 30% NPCs will come out and jump into Frostmourne. A link is provided to what the NPCs are going to look like. Don't click unless you enjoy spoilers.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/277/npcg.jpg
    Heh, I got a good laugh out of this one.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Canopus
    It's almost like the Lord of the Rings with Fordo. The longer Fordo possessed the ring, the most influence it had on him.
    Uh.. I may be wrong, since I have never watched or read a movie/book of lord of the rings, but wasn't the guys name Frodo?

the frostmourne room is probably where you get the souls for your shadowmourne
    but thats just an educated guess since theres a couple flying around the room :
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Canopus
    Got to love all these conspiracy theroies about what bosses are going to be in what areas in ICC. There are some that make sense. There are others that are way out of right field. The whole Saurfang indea does have some merit due to what we seen in the Wrathgate Incident.

As far as the whole Arthas and saving Arthas, or separating him from Nerzul... Well, remember that it was Mal'ganis and the whole Culling of Stratholme started this whole mess. That lead Arthas to heading to Icecrown in the first place. Then, the whole Frostmorne issue.

Similarly speaking, Nerzul uses Frostmourne to communicate to Arthas, which eventually drove him mad. Then, in the final act, Arthas freely gave his will over to Nerzul and fused with him to become the new Lich King. So, not sure if there will be a way to separate Arthas from the Lich King/Nerzul. It was Arthas' choice. It is possible that some spark of humanity still lies deep inside the Arthas part of the Lich King. We have yet to see what will happen. Blizzard has a funny way to make things happen and possible in WoW.
    Blizzard had also said that it would seem awkward to redeem Arthas at this point. Also, there is no Arthas part of the Lich King. Arthas is the WHOLE Lich King. Ner'zhul's influence is gone, as is any spark of hope or humanity that Arthas once held. He WANTS to be the Lich King.

I'm sure someone could post the lines from 'Rise of the Lich King' to validate what I'm saying here, but as of right now: Arthas is the one and only presence within the Lich King.

We'd best just get over the idea right now. We're not going to redeem Arthas. We're not going to have a happy ending where Arthas realizes the error of his ways and helps us to fight off the Lich King...Because he IS the Lich King. He had every opportunity to murder Ner'zhul and save his humanity; to change the Lich King from a purely malevolent entity into a good one...He chose to destroy his own last hope, not only through killing Mathias Lehner, but also through tearing out his own heart after he awoke from his dreams. He also wanted control of his new 'kingdom'; complete control, hence Ner'zhul's death.

We're going to kill Arthas, make him pay for his crimes, then get back to business as usual. Until Deathwing ruins our day anyways.

Also, your Shadowmourne or Shadow's Edge is crafted from the souls of the Lich King's minions. The Frostmourne room is likely just an interesting fight encounter; those who have their souls claimed by Frostmourne need to sabotage the weapon from within, thereby preventing the Lich King from completely raping your tank with the sword.