Poll: Be honest to yourself, do you like the boss difficulty with hardmodes as it is now or do you prefer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Poll: WoW Endgame

Here is another thing that REALLY annoys me.

Why is it that all the "hardcore" players whine about how easy easy mode is?

In order to whine about how easy something is you have to have actually done it a few times. I think its a mistake to make easy mode an accomplishment at all. They really should just let hardcore players walk right into hard mode content because then they don't really deserve the right to whine about easy mode because they should have never even bothered with it in the first place.

Hardcore players should be forced to only do hard modes. The guilds should require that. That is not what happens, so its quite obvious the people that bitch most about the system still benefit greatly from it.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

15+ Year Old Account

Please, all in one post, no need to triple post.

15+ Year Old Account

BC had pluses and minuses, same as this does now.

I guess if I was going to have a "vote" on the subject, I would say keep normal the same (maybe tune it up a little) and make hard/heroic even more difficult. Then the uberplayers will stop with their QQ about things being too easy, and the normal average players will still get so see final bosses.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Or...

Just roll with me here for a second...

Every casual that you don't think deserves to play the same fucking game as you can just cancel their account. When Blizzard realizes that they fucked up so badly they chose to keep 5% of the player base at the cost of 95% of the player base then they can tell elitist assholes such as yourself to get the fuck out of their game. Sound like a plan? Yeah? I KNOW I LIKE IT!
    Are you stoned or drunk? The population of this game has always grown even when a small percentage of raiders in the entire pop where seeing endgame raiding people where still playing and new players still joining this game without any thought about end game raiding. Blizz just don't make guild killer bosses anymore, They don't make cockblock bosses that you cannot get past without getting better at the game and that has changed the pop of this game so much. It's given people who could'nt ever get Vashj/Kael down to gain entry to Hyjal/BT an over inflated idea of their place in the raiding structure of this game now and the whole game is just a mass of ego.

Eliteism has grown worse since WOTLK there are new seperations used in the game for a wider spread of people to put others down such as demanding achievements/certain gear lvls to do heroics and item lvl checks to gain entry to a f**king PUG.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by asfrina
    Are you stoned or drunk? The population of this game has always grown even when a small percentage of raiders in the entire pop where seeing endgame raiding people where still playing and new players still joining this game without any thought about end game raiding. Blizz just don't make guild killer bosses anymore, They don't make cockblock bosses that you cannot get past without getting better at the game and that has changed the pop of this game so much. It's given people who could'nt ever get Vashj/Kael down to gain entry to Hyjal/BT an over inflated idea of their place in the raiding structure of this game now and the whole game is just a mass of ego.

Eliteism has grown worse since WOTLK there are new seperations used in the game for a wider spread of people to put others down such as demanding achievements/certain gear lvls to do heroics and item lvl checks to gain entry to a f**king PUG.
    Whats your point? i dont get it.

Blizz ruined the game on TBC nerf (30% on each boss).

We where a guild that was having KJ at 21% before nerf and doing like 2% better each day. Patch came we pew pewed the boss with 23 ppl. So fail.

Bosses this day are to easy normal mode. Clearing uld 25 first week and all 10 mans withing the 2 months (not that good but still) and only having yogg +1 left for 25 is so booring. We lost alot of ppl first month since it was to easy.

Now finally ToGC came (missing the trash man it was good laughs while killing them) and it game some challenge (clearing ToC same week anub was avalible) we stuck at factions. Atleast it feels like an achivment to do it then faceroll everything and then cry about its booring.
    Apocalypsee 80 Gnome Mage Arcane!!!!

My Mage. Check and feel envy!

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix
    Casuals want to experience the same content as the hardcores without putting in as much effort. The bullshit about "seeing the content" is ridiculous, they want to be as good as that "loser kid with no life", get the same loot, the same mechanics, the same everything.
    Yes, because being on between certain hours of the day 4 days a week determines if some one is hardcore or casual? Personally, I spent more time on my toon than any "hardcore raider" did, just my schedule did not allow a steady raid schedule at the time. I also had to gear through alternate means because the cult was extremely ignorant at the time and neve let a paladin do anything but cleanse in vanilla and then heal in BC till ZA came out, despite the other specs working just fine.

In many ways some casuals are more hardcore than the supposed hardcore raiders. They do more with less and spend more time perfecting what they got. How many hardcores would put in that effort to perfect every tiny aspect of their class to be competitive with no regular raid schedule? I bet very very few.

More on topic now, I would like if the raids were slightly more difficult. I like how heroic 25 TOC is. Not Sunwell or 60 naxx insane but certainly hard enough to challenge good guilds for a long time, even if not the great ones for weeks upon weeks like Sunwell. Probably slightly more difficult than ulduar, like TOC 25 man heroic right now.

I chose "A" but you shouldn't have posted it in such a smartass way.

It's not that we can finally kill a boss. It's nice to not have to raid 4 days a week to send end game content. As you get older and take on more responsibilities, WoW can't always be priority. A lot of times it is and other areas of your life suffer because of it. I love being able to clear a raid in a couple days and still have an all-around healthy social life.

Pre-TBC, raiding was almost unhealthy imo. I'm glad it's gone.

I just want more people who can withstand two wipes.

I choose secret option: "I'm not an idiot."

Translation: I enjoy the non-hardmodes, as they are actually pretty easy and allow everyone to experience the content, and even though I'm hard-mode capable, I don't have to wait around to clear the new stuff to see how it ends. I also enjoy the hard-modes. Some are kinda easy, which is ok I guess. Others are very difficult, but not completely unbalanced. I enjoy this. There's also still the ever present ultimate hard modes (like 0-keeper Yogg), which are very difficult but not necessary for things like the meta achievements, but they're still there just for the challenge, and I like that too.

There is also a lot of variety in the hard-modes, and I like that. Some are variable (0 to 3 drakes, 0 to 3 trees, etc). Others are simply based on dmg/health/time. Others are night and day (like Mimiron). Some are triggered by in-game interaction, others by in-game choice (the difference between killing some of the drakes, killing or not killing the heart, and pushing or not pushing the Do-Not-Push button), and that's cool too.

I was sad to hear that Blizzard plans ICC hardmodes to all be binary (no variable difficultly), and that you will trigger than in your raid settings. I like that you will have separate hard and normal raid ID's, but being able to cause the hardmode by in-game interaction felt really cool and wouldn't have been hard to integrate into ICC along with the raid setting selection (IE... if you were in Hard-Mode Ulduar, the only way to start the Mimiron encounter would be to push the button... it just feels cooler). It's nice that they're supposedly going to make the hard-modes more visually different, but they're sacrificing a lot of variety by making them all binary.

figured this would fit well in this

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Quote Originally Posted by starvethedead
    I wouldn't have a problem with them making Hard Modes harder, as long as they leave Regular Modes alone so that casual players have a chance to experience the content.
    Yeah my work schedule has gotten a lot worse in the past few weeks, i can barly make it to raids as it is, now that WoW is easier i should be able to see arthas
    even if its in 10 man idc, i mostly raid for the lore aspect of it, not so much epics
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

More peeps vote! Keep it going! I wanna see the result