Frostmourne room - part of the lich king fight?

as i see it, the frostmourne room looks like a closed place, with no exit

chains in the sky, no visible walls only blue sky

could it not be part of the final fight...?

arthas attacking the raid, ppl get hit by frostmourne and their souls are sucked into frostmourne, and has to fight the lost souls inthere to keep their free will, while their bodies outside is MC'ed or incapasitated

/discuss

Re: Frostmourne room - part of the lich king fight?

There looks like a stone bridge to the left, or maybe an entrance to the right. Other than that, probably will be used in the fight. He'll probably run away for the last time and end up there.

Frostmourne, the Lich King's blade, possibly being part of the Lich King encounter?

Of course not, that's just gibberish.

That sounds interesting. A select number of players get sucked into frostmourne and have to fight to survive. Something like the Kologarn fight except he grabs you with his fist and Arthas would suck you into frostmourne, but you get the idea.

It would make sense, especially since the room has chains flying around in the sky, you are trapped inside frostmourne.

But if players can fight out frostmourne, why couldn't Saurfang and all the other people who lost their souls? There must be something outside going on to help you get out.

Obviously, during phase 2 of the arthas fight, he's going to become invulnerable and summon a bunch of tentacles. raiders will have to kill the tentacles while people at random are sucked into Frosthun-Saron and have to do damage to its brain and escape before something bad happens. This repeats until he is dead or phase 3 begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik
    Frostmourne, the Lich King's blade, possibly being part of the Lich King encounter?

Of course not, that's just gibberish.
    Exactly! people need to stop thinking this room is in anyway related to the lich king fight, despite the fact that the lich king's throne room is remarkably similar to this room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

"the throne room" is a piece of ice on top of icecrown

frostmourne room is built later by the lich king himself as froustmourne were found in dragonblight

anyways, he uses an attack in the Matthias Lehner quest line where he makes a chain attack, this could possibly be the way he does it...

else he just sticks out frostmourne and select ppl have "mark of the lich king" and are able to get sucked in, while not dying or something

15+ Year Old Account

I kinda hope they will make it more like "Teron Gorefiend", where those sucked inside Frostmourne have to work together in order to save their Ally's fighting Arthas his humanoid body...
    Dawwwwwww

a teron gorefiend kind of encounter would be awesome, just should not be the exact same... maybe when if u get sucked in, ur just a "soul" with 4-5 abillities

it's The Lich King encounter's Brain Room

I smell something similar to Kalecgos in Sunwell
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Clearly this is the hard mode.

i bet Matthias Lehner will appear again and shoot all with lazors... even though he was "killed" with ner'zhul... how do we know that it was not just a dream and he still has it...

I'm guessing you will fight Arthas on the Frozen Throne, and he'll have a similar attack as to Algalon's Phase Punch which will inevitably throw people down into Frostmourne's "Dimension".

The reason I believe it's actually inside Frostmourne, is simply the fact that walls along with the chains also contain faces. So it'll most likely be similar to Kalecgos in Sunwell Plateau, where you get ported to a different realm to fight another creature. My money in this case, would be on Ner'zhul with the possible assistance of Matthias Lehrer.

If you have seen Arthas' death animation, you can clearly see as his helmet falls off that he reaches for it. He's bound to it, cause it's where his power flows from it. So when Ner'zhul is killed in the Frostmourne "Dimension", he will become weakened to the point it'll most likely become a DPS race to kill him off before he annihilates the raid.

However, these are just speculations.

hadnt seen the faces tbh, thats rly cool

though the phase punch is only on the tank, there must be some kind of randomness in who gets into frostmourne, and as u dont know if its a healer tank or dps then u get some special abilities inthere like at teron...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperScrotum
    That sounds interesting. A select number of players get sucked into frostmourne and have to fight to survive. Something like the Kologarn fight except he grabs you with his fist and Arthas would suck you into frostmourne, but you get the idea.

It would make sense, especially since the room has chains flying around in the sky, you are trapped inside frostmourne.

But if players can fight out frostmourne, why couldn't Saurfang and all the other people who lost their souls? There must be something outside going on to help you get out.
    Quoted for win. I think it's going to be the REAL part of the fight, like we all charge Arthas like "yeaaaah! down with the lich king!" but he completely destroyes the raid, wiping you almost instantly, then frostmourne sucks us all up and we join forces with some of the other good guys in there (the good Arthas maybe?) against the swords soul itself..or maybe even frostmournes creator. I thought about it being Ner'zhul that we fought, but his soul was raped by arthas when they joined together
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dragon nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaso
    Quoted for win. I think it's going to be the REAL part of the fight, like we all charge Arthas like "yeaaaah! down with the lich king!" but he completely destroyes the raid, wiping you almost instantly, then frostmourne sucks us all up and we join forces with some of the other good guys in there (the good Arthas maybe?) against the swords soul itself..or maybe even frostmournes creator. I thought about it being Ner'zhul that we fought, but his soul was raped by arthas when they joined together
    King Terenas (sp? ..Arthas father) most likely. Remember how they added a model of him?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

i think terenas is part of halls of reflection

i can see us inside frostmourne, perhaps fighting off ghosts and stuff.

still REALLY hoping blizz did their research on WC3 and remember this little tidbit (went back and dug up the full quote):

arthas: I've damned everyone and everything I've ever loved in his name, and I still feel no remorse, no shame, no pity.

tichondrius: the runeblade that you carry was empowered to steal souls, yours was the first one it claimed.

arthas: then i'll make do without one.

arthas' soul is inside that sword. also in the cinematic arthas kills his father with frostmourne, i wouldn't doubt his father's soul is in there somewhere too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.