what dps u can do with my mage

I am not happy with the dps I am capable to do with my mage thought she is only my alt.

I am currently doing around 3k dps in toc 10 man/uldar 10 man with my mage (most of her gears are lev 200 and rest of them are lv 219. 2200 spell + without buff 25% crit 372 hit 355 haste and arcane talent. t8 head/chest t7 glove/pant).

I just want to know if I am doing bad dps cuz i dont have the gears or I just dont know how to play a mage.

thanks for your time

Re: what dps u can do with my mage

3k is about where you should be on target dummies without buffs. Fully buffed, 3k is low and your rotation is messed up somewhere. You said you were arcane? I'll need some detail as to what rotation you're actually using.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    3k is about where you should be on target dummies without buffs. Fully buffed, 3k is low and your rotation is messed up somewhere. You said you were arcane? I'll need some detail as to what rotation you're actually using.
    I spam AB till missle barrage pops

I dont like to use Arcane Barrage. I heard the common rotation is ab x 3 + missle/arcane barrage

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fugc
    I spam AB till missle barrage pops

I dont like to use Arcane Barrage. I heard the common rotation is ab x 3 + missle/arcane barrage
    The rotation to use is AB x 4, always, and then Missile Barrage if you get the proc.
    If you don't get the proc, fire AB again and hope for the best.
    If it still did not proc after the 5th AB, then you can clear with a quick Arcane Barrage.
    If you have the mana or if the fight allows, then you can go for a 6th AB, but it starts getting really mana intensive, so you're probably better off clearing with Arcane Barrage to reset your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by nickster
    does any1 know how much these new heirlooms will cost ?:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    $15 a month

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Performance correlates to a function of your skill and your gear level, it doesn't matter how high one is if the other is low.

10+ Year Old Account

I am not happy with the dps I am capable to do with my mage thought she is only my alt.

I am currently doing around 3k dps in toc 10 man/uldar 10 man with my mage (most of her gears are lev 200 and rest of them are lv 219. 2200 spell + without buff 25% crit 372 hit 355 haste and arcane talent. t8 head/chest t7 glove/pant).

I just want to know if I am doing bad dps cuz i dont have the gears or I just dont know how to play a mage.

thanks for your time

You are also over the arcane hit cap

Quote Originally Posted by KhameleonN
    You are also over the arcane hit cap
    I didnt raid much especially for an alt. Trying to replace my old gears.

15+ Year Old Account

i can do 8349 DPS on your mage.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account

thanks for your time
    I'd probably be able to do 4 to 4.5k, but that doesn't really matter. It does come down to skill, but in your case, I think it's mostly your gear and stats. If you are Arcane, you should get more a lot more haste and lose a lot of hit. Your crit is at a nice level, but you can sacrifice a little of your crit to gain more haste.

It would really help if you would link us your character, so that we can tell you where you need to change things.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoic
    The rotation to use is AB x 4, always, and then Missile Barrage if you get the proc.
    If you don't get the proc, fire AB again and hope for the best.
    Not entirely true. Actually you go only for the proc if in your current situation your mana does not
    allow to sustain a higher burn rate. We had a mage in our guild who did much lower dps than
    all other mages. I (as the mage leader) had a talk with him and found out he was using the
    proc's "slavishly". I told him to see his mana as a resource which means direct damage
    and to play the spec aggressively where he'd convert any free mana into "more AB".
    He was taking the advice, and I think it raised his dps by around 2k. Ah, and to the OP:
    At least try to only cast AB in Heroism/Cooldown situations. And use every cooldown of
    Managem/Evocation to be able to "more AB".
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

AB 4 times and AM is your best bet. Avoiding evocation is the goal. If you get shitty proc luck, make decisions based on mana. It's been said many many times, but your 5th AB is a 2% dps increase at a 300% mana cost increase. Ending your rotation early if you seem to be having some bad luck is a good idea, start spamming your AB's for procs at the end of the fight, not the beginning.

In your gear prolly 9k plus but that's if I'm lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    i can do 8349 DPS on your mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunthunter
    In your gear prolly 9k plus but that's if I'm lazy
    First of all, thanks for your comments.

Secondly, is this a joke that your can do 8-9 k dps with my mage? I have seen so many casters such as mage/lock with much better gears and they only do around 5k-6k dps in toc 10 man. I have not seen any 7k+ dps for any class in my toc 10 man yeah. (boss like twins will be an exception since we get huge buff from the fight.)

Quote Originally Posted by Omambosä
    This is my arcane rotation... AP IV, 4 AB's then AM. 4 ab's then AM 4 ab's then AM, mana gem AB about 8 times, then AM, another 8 times then AM, then evocation. now you start conserving mana and doing your 4ab's proc then AM try this, dps wont be taht much of an increase but its better than the uniform 4AB's the whole fight then AM. when ever you have any casting increases, use 4 ab's then AM but when theres no increases of spell casting, just do a BUNCH of ab's.

and when ever manaa gem is up, USE IT, when ever evo is up, use all your mana, and restart your pool. oh and have a mana pot, just in case you get too AB trigger happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN
    Not entirely true. Actually you go only for the proc if in your current situation your mana does not
    allow to sustain a higher burn rate. We had a mage in our guild who did much lower dps than
    all other mages. I (as the mage leader) had a talk with him and found out he was using the
    proc's "slavishly". I told him to see his mana as a resource which means direct damage
    and to play the spec aggressively where he'd convert any free mana into "more AB".
    He was taking the advice, and I think it raised his dps by around 2k. Ah, and to the OP:
    At least try to only cast AB in Heroism/Cooldown situations. And use every cooldown of
    Managem/Evocation to be able to "more AB".
    In other words, I will need spam more AB unless i have oom problem. Then I can go back to the AB x 3 or 4 + missile proc rotation

Thanks guys I will try this for my next raid.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, to know that I will need to have you account name and password kkthx

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu
    Well, to know that I will need to have you account name and password kkthx
    ^

What raid buffs are you getting? Unless you've got just fantastic 10-man diversity, you're probably not getting "fully" raid buffed. Simply having a balance druid in the raid will be a huge DPS increase. Ditto for an elemental shaman. If you can find an affliction lock, there's another boost.

Also depends on your healing makeup - assuming you have Incanter's Absorbtion, of course. If you have a discipline priest covering raid heals, then that will be another boost. Well-timed use of Fire and Frost Wards can be a help, too.

Once you reach a certain mana pool, you should never really have to worry about it. I have over 30k fully buffed now, and I can pretty much freely spam AB to a MB proc now without having to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by acragas
    What raid buffs are you getting? Unless you've got just fantastic 10-man diversity, you're probably not getting "fully" raid buffed. Simply having a balance druid in the raid will be a huge DPS increase. Ditto for an elemental shaman. If you can find an affliction lock, there's another boost.

Also depends on your healing makeup - assuming you have Incanter's Absorbtion, of course. If you have a discipline priest covering raid heals, then that will be another boost. Well-timed use of Fire and Frost Wards can be a help, too.

Once you reach a certain mana pool, you should never really have to worry about it. I have over 30k fully buffed now, and I can pretty much freely spam AB to a MB proc now without having to worry about it.
    You just remind me that I didnt get any *Good* buff from my 10 man raid unless you count paly king/wis and priest fort as huge raid buffs. WTB ele shaman/bird man

The standard rotation is ABSpam04MBAM. Spam AB until 4 stacks, then use Missile Barrage Arcane Missiles. If you get an MB proc with nothing stacked, like in the case of 4pc T8, use it. Otherwise, stack AB to 4 before using MB.

The only higher dps than that rotation is spamming AB throughout. That's not really worth it since it's only 2% more dps than ABSpam04MBAM but costs almost 300% more mana.

15+ Year Old Account

You just remind me that I didnt get any *Good* buff from my 10 man raid unless you count paly king/wis and priest fort as huge raid buffs. WTB ele shaman/bird man
    That's going to be affecting you a lot. Also, I think that some people aren't thinking about your mana situation. Yeah, with your spell power stats, you can probably kick out 8k dps with full 25-man raid buffs (and flasked), but you probably don't have the mana to support the kind of heavy burn cycles that they can for very long. And since your raidmates are likely not as geared (and possibly skilled) as theirs, your fights will last longer. Longer fights mean lower DPS for everyone, since heroism and cooldowns won't be up as often.

If you follow the advice in this thread, you should get another 1k-2k dps or more, which is about where I'd expect you to be with your gear level. Once you gear up more from ToC 10, you should start to get closer to 8k.

A key thing to remember that I think you may have overlooked based on your previous responses: the Arcane Blast debuff was changed to stack 4 times instead of 3, with the mana cost at the 4th stack being roughly equivalent to the mana cost at the old 3 stack. The damage bonus from the debuff was unchanged (so you get an extra stack of 15%/18%) and the base mana cost of the spell was decreased. This of course, means higher DPM, and for Arcane, higher DPM => higher DPS, since it's unique among caster specs in being able to adjust its mana consumption for more DPS at the cost of DPM.

sunday night we just raided 10 man toc, we had kings/wis, druid mark of the wild and priest buffs. thats about it, i pulled over 9k on 3 out of the 5 fights. so yea i could hit 6+ on yours easy, and yea arcane blaxt x4 then Missle barrage. i have 29k mana and still have to watch my mana. i try to never have to use arcane blast over 4 times, if missle barrage don't proc i simply use AB and start over.

Armory - Kysrae