The new Fire Nova.... botom line...

PVE: HUUUGE Buff

PVP: Ouch... i guess that stun was fun while it lasted.

I do not see how anyone can think otherwise. Bottom line.

I should add, I've been playing a shaman since the games original release.

Re: The new Fire Nova.... botom line...

in single target dmg, it´s no really big buff, it´s somewhere at the bottom as enhance

no shaman will glyph it just to be able to spam it every 3 seconds whenever there is a trash pack

just change the glyph to give glyph the stun, problem fixed ( make the stun 4-5 seconds, with a1 minute cooldown )

would be awesome, a remote aoe stun once a minute, imagine it against rogues, where you can finally get a window of attack without having to use

shamanistic
    trinket
    wolves for counter stun
    totems using
    flame shock
    fire nova stuns him hile you´re in 2nd stun

we set our flametongue totem down, and shortly before his 1st stun ends *bam* aoe stun, wolves, counterattack

for a 1-hit aoe spell it costs to much mana, it´s more of a utility spell, so keep it as that ( make the cooldown higher, i dont mind ) and give us some real aoe ability. A channelded spell for ele and maybe make lava lash a cleave whenever flameshock is up, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

In its current state it is neither good for PvE (too high mana cost and need for non-enh shaman to run to melee range then back again) nor PvP (needs a stun, easy to down the totem).

IMO not a solution for a lack of an AoE ability for Shaman.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    In its current state it is neither good for PvE (too high mana cost and need for non-enh shaman to run to melee range then back again) nor PvP (needs a stun, easy to down the totem).

IMO not a solution for a lack of an AoE ability for Shaman.
    This. I understand blizz wanting our totems to be more active, but until we can toss totems where we want them, then they are more a liability to our class than anything.

I don't think it's a huuuuge buff.... it's a small buff nameley for enhancement but that's about it imo

it might have been stated else where, but i have a question

Does the new fire nova ability count as a player ability or a totem(pet) ability

Im tired of aoe grinding with ravanger.

Looking at the new fire nova, the AoE effect really does only seem viable for Enh. Ele doesn't want to go get in the fray. Fire nova, maybe be interesting, but it should be a targeted ability, that say, required us to have a fire totem down to use, or something along those lines. Make abilities only able to be used when such totems are actually in use.

I admit I don't play ele, i'm resto/enh, but having to run in to drop the totems doesn't seem like its that bad. It's liek Arcane explosion, only you don't have to stay in.

As resto, i often make the time to run in closer to the centre of the fight to drop my totems just in case people need to move way over the other side from me. It doesn't seem like it'll be that big of a hassle for ele to do the same.

I enjoy having to think about where my totems are going to go, i think it's one of the fun features of the class, rather than a liability.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

10+ Year Old Account

It's.. a fine spell? Mediocre at best imo. If the mobs ever get close enough sure i'll use it and thunderstorm but it'll overall nerf my dps by stopping Lightning bolts to use it.

Aoe spell for enh and ele. Twist it however you want, but the good players will find the use for it.

The only good use for PvP Elemental Spec that I can think of is when your being chased by melee you can plant a earthbind totem and a Magma totem, then cast firenova as soon as your off GCD. This would do around 6k damage against a resi geared melee? Then just add FS (4-6k) followed by elemental mastery/Lava Burst (6-10k)..

Makes kiting alot harder but I guess we do quite alot of damage in such short space of time.

I will miss the stun though.. The amount of times I've seen melee hit the eartbind totem after they have been rooted, only to be hit by the Fire Nova stun is unbelievable.

I should've added, that I was saying that from an Elemental perspective only... my seat time in enhancement(in it's current form) is minimal.

But if you don't see it as a PVE buff, you haven't been playing a pve ele shaman long enough.

If you don't see it as a PVP nerf, you haven't been playing ele sham pvp long enough...

its crap for all specs. Though, I heard it hits harder than lavalash for enhance. I'd rather more effective dps than some crappy AOE dps that costs a retarded amount of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    its crap for all specs. Though, I heard it hits harder than lavalash for enhance. I'd rather more effective dps than some crappy AOE dps that costs a retarded amount of mana.
    Most AOE isn't cheap, mana-wise.

And if it's such crap, then let's see you NOT use it in PVE settings.

As enhance, for pvp, I'd like the glyph to make the nova come out of the shaman instead of the totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomwaits
    PVE: HUUUGE Buff

PVP: Ouch... i guess that stun was fun while it lasted.

I do not see how anyone can think otherwise. Bottom line.

I should add, I've been playing a shaman since the games original release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomwaits
    I should've added, that I was saying that from an Elemental perspective only... my seat time in enhancement(in it's current form) is minimal.

But if you don't see it as a PVE buff, you haven't been playing a pve ele shaman long enough.

If you don't see it as a PVP nerf, you haven't been playing ele sham pvp long enough...
    doesnt matter if you have been playing the game since release or not if you still dont know what your doing and what your saying about it being a buff for ele pve seems to sugest that....its a pathetic atempt to give ele aoe it isnt a buff at all
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    doesnt matter if you have been playing the game since release or not if you still dont know what your doing and what your saying about it being a buff for ele pve seems to sugest that....its a pathetic atempt to give ele aoe it isnt a buff at all
    Please test it in a raid environment, THAN QQ about it.
    I did test it and although doesn't give as a huge AoE like Blizzard or whatnot, it IS a buff and IS helpful. (and partly fun to use, too)

That's all from a PvE-point of view, of course.