Thread: I am AMAZED.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I am AMAZED.

Nobody thought to ask Blizzard developers about any upcoming plans to update Warlock pet models? I would have myself, but unfortunately I was working... Is this just not that big an issue to most people? My personally, I hate having to look at the same pets I've been looking at since day one. And as ridiculous as the Voidwalker, for example, looks compared to Northrend models, and even some Outland models? It makes me want to retch.

Re: I am AMAZED.

You know, I play a paladin, but I reaaaallly see where you're coming from. The warlock pets have really just become an eyesore, and you're right, have they been updated, AT ALL, since Outland? Come on Blizz, locks need some lovin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dragon nipples.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CATIS4FITE
    Nobody thought to ask Blizzard developers about any upcoming plans to update Warlock pet models? I would have myself, but unfortunately I was working... Is this just not that big an issue to most people? My personally, I hate having to look at the same pets I've been looking at since day one. And as ridiculous as the Voidwalker, for example, looks compared to Northrend models, and even some Outland models? It makes me want to retch.

I think I can recall them mentioning old models somewhere. Just old models in general, for races and pets and so on. And something about it not being priority, but a possibility.

meh, im just gunna wait till they bring out soulburn,

i betcha we'll prolly get new pet models, summoning flying mount at lvl 85 and interchanbable gstrings for our succubus

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicRage
    and interchanbable gstrings for our succubus
    That best come with it's own animation.

It will probably take about as long as it took them to make new druid forms .

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom
    It will probably take about as long as it took them to make new druid forms .
    How long time was that?

On topic: I would actually be sad if they changed the models to much. I fear that it wouldn't feel like my old pets, sure its only pixels but it feels like we are friends.

Edit: Damn, i have to play less >.<.

Quote Originally Posted by CATIS4FITE

Hard to take you serious after viewing your Avatar. No I'm not black and yes I giggled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    How long time was that?
    Umm like 5 years I think? But I think a lot of people would QQ about a change as well. I could see them doing what they did to druids, let you customize the look via barbershops or something. Well at least IMO that would be the best way to go.

I don't think it's too high on their priority list tbh. Druids were always forced to use their forms in order to do their roles, and never got to really see their new armor. Warlocks aren't technically focused on their pets as much as they are their own character, and as with other classes, aren't stuck in forms that didn't change for 5 years. So I'm sure they'd like to do something but I just don't see it being "very important".

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    How long time was that?

Da'sh a gud kreshun!

I don't quite believe they'd implement a customization utility exclusive to Warlocks before they do so for Hunters. And, as stated, I do [not] see them doing anything about this for a long time. They're more concerned with game functionality (that old Stratholme exploit takes precedence over everything!) than the aesthetic appearances of one class' binary exception (i.e. the 'pet/companion' sub-mechanic; whatever it's accepted generally) as opposed to functionality. And, in that regard, it's... probably 'working as intended', or something.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

I would disagree with that part about Hunters. Warlocks are limited to the pets they can use whereas Hunters are always able to tame new pets with each expansion/patch and they have new skins or models and even rare pets to be different from other Hunters. The warlock pets are a fixed number and model basically which would make the customization of them easier to implement. Having to do a few options for thousands of Hunter pet models sounds like too much of a headache.

Think about how many different kinds of pet "cats" there are compared to how many models there are for imps. Warlocks definitely need/should get a customization of their pets before Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom
    I would disagree with that part about Hunters. Warlocks are limited to the pets they can use whereas Hunters are always able to tame new pets with each expansion/patch and they have new skins or models and even rare pets to be different from other Hunters. The warlock pets are a fixed number and model basically which would make the customization of them easier to implement. Having to do a few options for thousands of Hunter pet models sounds like too much of a headache.

Think about how many different kinds of pet "cats" there are compared to how many models there are for imps. Warlocks definitely need/should get a customization of their pets before Hunters.
    I never stated anything regarding what [should] happen. Only what Blizzard would do. My point stands.
    A voice replied...

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Captain
    I never stated anything regarding what [should] happen. Only what Blizzard would do. My point stands.
    Actually no it doesn't. You can make up whatever excuses and believe whatever you want though. Yes Blizz "could" do whatever they want, but it is quite obvious why Warlocks would get an option like this instead of/before Hunters.

The amount of work it would take to make EVERY SINGLE tamable pet customizable is probably too much for Blizz to think about implementing. Druids only have 14 total forms if I'm not mistaken (bear, dire bear, cat, travel, aquatic, tree, moonkin - 7 for each faction). I might be wrong, but I don't think Warlocks even have that many. Compare that to the hundreds or thousands of possible tamable Hunter pets.

The time to add something similar to the barbershop for Warlock pets is probably even easier than it was for druids since the frame work is "already there". Your opinion of what would happen is just that, an opinion, and like I said, I disagree with it for obvious reasons. I'll play your game here. My point why Warlocks would get it first/instead still stands.

Your argument is baseless; you're attempting to raise what you are suggesting to be something than other than what it is. Unless, of course, you know their developing strategies. You absolutely must understand and be involved quite intimately to be able make such an assertment.

You don't appear to fully understand what you're debating, here. How can you compare a Warlock's/Hunter's pet mechanic to a Druid's shape-shifting mechanic? It's one of their class' fundaments (respectively). It's their class' [primary] mechanic, it [is] their only exceptional mechanic as an individual class. Try basing this on class-prioritization, as opposed to what you feel is easier. By the logic stated in your post there, Deathknights should be first to have any utility of the sort, let alone some decent voice-acting on part of the ghoul (seriously, a little "Kill-kill-kill" or "Bra-a-ains..." wouldn't be so hard, right?). The theory regarding class-prioritization--even applied aesthetically--has one-up on your 'this is easier' argument with that. Druid players have proven to, progressively, desire more from their animal-forms aesthetically. They develope more based on what the out-cry of the year is, and I don't observe nearly as many 'Locks complaining.

Their programmers aren't paid to follow the easiest route; they are paid to develope, to keep us interested. Simply because 'the framework is right there' does [not] mean they should begin developing Warlock pets over Hunter's pets; the Hunter's pet is a primary staple of their functionality, and lore. They will [continue] to add new pets to the game for the Hunter to tame. They are constantly developing that, with such in mind. In fact, we will likely be seeing examples of [that] already, come Cataclysm. 'But it is quite obvious' why they'd withold on Warlock pets for a while; they aren't improving those models in-game any time soon. They are [extremely] stream-lined. I'll be honest though; one thwart to my own statement would be that they are improving the Worgen [player] model, but will likely (conjecture; see?) leave other older in-game Worgen models alone. On the other hand, again, those [are] playable character models, and not pets that provide minor functionality to a [single] class, nor are they old enemy entities (using the technical term). Warlock players aren't going to quit just because their pets aren't as fancy some other players. And just because you and others want it, and are willing to bend the very fabric of reality and logic to maintain that disposition at whatever cost, does [not] mean you can [actually] alter their developing goals. In any case...

I agree, though, the old models could use revamping. Not that I disagreed from the start. I also think some new demons would be good, too. Not necessary, though. Unless proven otheriwse.
    A voice replied...

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Captain
    Your argument is baseless; you're attempting to raise what you are suggesting to be something than other than what it is. Unless, of course, you know their developing strategies. You absolutely must understand and be involved quite intimately to be able make such an assertment.

You don't appear to fully understand what you're debating, here. How can you compare a Warlock's/Hunter's pet mechanic to a Druid's shape-shifting mechanic? It's one of their class' fundaments (respectively). It's their class' [primary] mechanic, it [is] their only exceptional mechanic as an individual class. Try basing this on class-prioritization, as opposed to what you feel is easier. By the logic stated in your post there, Deathknights should be first to have any utility of the sort, let alone some decent voice-acting on part of the ghoul (seriously, a little "Kill-kill-kill" or "Bra-a-ains..." wouldn't be so hard, right?). The theory regarding class-prioritization--even applied aesthetically--has one-up on your 'this is easier' argument with that. Druid players have proven to, progressively, desire more from their animal-forms aesthetically. They develope more based on what the out-cry of the year is, and I don't observe nearly as many 'Locks complaining.

Their programmers aren't paid to follow the easiest route; they are paid to develope, to keep us interested. Simply because 'the framework is right there' does [not] mean they should begin developing Warlock pets over Hunter's pets; the Hunter's pet is a primary staple of their functionality, and lore. They will [continue] to add new pets to the game for the Hunter to tame. They are constantly developing that, with such in mind. In fact, we will likely be seeing examples of [that] already, come Cataclysm. 'But it is quite obvious' why they'd withold on Warlock pets for a while; they aren't improving those models in-game any time soon. They are [extremely] stream-lined. I'll be honest though; one thwart to my own statement would be that they are improving the Worgen [player] model, but will likely (conjecture; see?) leave other older in-game Worgen models alone. On the other hand, again, those [are] playable character models, and not pets that provide minor functionality to a [single] class, nor are they old enemy entities (using the technical term). Warlock players aren't going to quit just because their pets aren't as fancy some other players. And just because you and others want it, and are willing to bend the very fabric of reality and logic to maintain that disposition at whatever cost, does [not] mean you can [actually] alter their developing goals. In any case...

I agree, though, the old models could use revamping. Not that I disagreed from the start. I also think some new demons would be good, too. Not necessary, though. Unless proven otheriwse.
    You tried so hard with [all] kinds (of cool) little 'stuffs'

the new pet model are coming soonTM

I've posted several times on this issue and once again I will mention this: hunters can tame WHATEVER beast they like. The variety is just huge. Sure there are some pets that have to be taken into consideration if you want to do some serious PvE/Arena but come on. There is a LOT to choose from.

Now then, lets see the warlock's options. An imp (day one), a succy (also day one), blueberry (/sigh), feltard (it was a bit older than BC but hell; it's from fucking talents), felpup (old as WoW), doomguard (bleh) and the ugliest, most disgusting and unimaginative model ever created for any pet in the universe - the fucking infernal. Now these models have been used for 5 years, and The Good Captain argues that you can't make a comparison with druid forms since, hey, they are an integral part of the class. Well, news flash for you pal, what is a warlock without his pet? I know it sounds a bit nitpicky but hell, it's about time they do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz
    I've posted several times on this issue and once again I will mention this: hunters can tame WHATEVER beast they like. The variety is just huge. Sure there are some pets that have to be taken into consideration if you want to do some serious PvE/Arena but come on. There is a LOT to choose from.

Now then, lets see the warlock's options. An imp (day one), a succy (also day one), blueberry (/sigh), feltard (it was a bit older than BC but hell; it's from fucking talents), felpup (old as WoW), doomguard (bleh) and the ugliest, most disgusting and unimaginative model ever created for any pet in the universe - the fucking infernal. Now these models have been used for 5 years, and The Good Captain argues that you can't make a comparison with druid forms since, hey, they are an integral part of the class. Well, news flash for you pal, what is a warlock without his pet? I know it sounds a bit nitpicky but hell, it's about time they do something about it.
    I'd say it's time to relax. Just sayin...
    "Thor: Qvuiet, I'm trying to sneak up on them!"

10+ Year Old Account

lock qq...its expected.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil
    lock qq...its expected.
    Very nice post, you clearly looked into our situation and understand how we feel.

But seriously, am i the only one that would feel like they took one of my friends away if they changed the models to much?