Auctioneer/Auctionlite question

After using the search function, I can't seem to find my answer, so here's my question.

I can't see the core function of auctionlite(I was using auctioneer suite but damn that thing devours my computer), meaning, when I do "scan all" it only shows me some few good deals, If I hover over an item it won't tell me it's average price, do I just need to scan more?(over a week)

Can anyone show a screenshot of what I SHOULD be seeing(average price), so I can make sure it isn't some UI error?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Auctioneer/Auctionlite question

Make sure that average prices are enabled for tooltips in AuctionLite's config.

When you do a full scan, AuctionLite puts up in it's "buy" window all the items in the AH that are significantly lower than AuctionLite's "average" price for that item.

Alright, is auctionlite good enough for my purposes?(Buy low, sell high, and sell what I farm at good values)? Or is auctioneer suite needed.
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

AuctionLite will do what you want. I've rarely failed in buying for profit, or for selling cut gems, using it as my guide.

Wow I'm failing pretty damn hard at this, maybe I just need to be patient or something, so far i've been undercut a lot on those glyphs I bought, hopefully the deep peridots will sell.

If all else fails I can try that guide posted on the front page but the prices are too awkward on my server to get anything good out of it really.

OR, is scanning often the key to making this work?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Scanning at least once a day for the first week or so is what give you good price info. After one scanning, it's basing the market price info on just what you saw that first time. Repeated scannings - separated by at least 12 hours - is what has you building a real solid idea of market values.

Yay I made my first profit, very small though, bought 12 deep peridots for 2g each and sold for 7g each.

I hear tales of this getting so addictive that people just stop playing and sit by the AH hoarding gold until they have upwards of 100k, is this true?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

No idea. I've never done it that much.

Would you suggest anything other than gems that's yielded a good profit in the past? So far gems are the main source, I'm having a bad time with glyphs, nothing is selling.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Glyphs are always iffy, imho. Before dual-spec, glyphs did better - because every time somebody respecced, they had to re-glyph. I remember having 6-10 of each of my Holy and Shadow glyphs before the Dual-Spec system came out. Now, they just glyph each one once, and maybe change them up occasionally when their gear hits certain points.

I don't "play the AH", myself, but look for things that have to be changed/upgraded fairly often. Gems and enchants are probably best.