Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Boomkin PVP arena and BG.. kinda .. lame..

I duno about others.. but im having a hard time doing anything as boomkin both arena and bg.

Its just not good enough compared to other classes.. Its so much more than just go bear and fight a rogue.

I feel its kinda left behind i dont know if anyone agrees with this. I mean the utlilities for surviving and the constant shapeshifting eliminated any chance you get of casting anything. a knockback 10 yards dont help nothing....

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Boomkin PVP arena and BG.. kinda .. lame..

It has been like that for some time now, nothing new to see here. Move on.

HAH. I don't really feel bad for boomkins. You still have two other specs that you can go for. You also have the option of healing yourself while you cast at the enemy. I hate druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganado
    HAH. I don't really feel bad for boomkins. You still have two other specs that you can go for. You also have the option of healing yourself while you cast at the enemy. I hate druids.
    This is about boomkins, not other speccs so please GTFO. You won't be missed.
    Boomkins have been seriously underpowered since beta, and I think its about time I'd see some more of them in arena.

I faced a boomkin+healer team on my resto druid, I really felt sad for them because regrowth + rejuv was enough to outheal all their dps

Latest PTR has knockback affects no longer dismounting players. zomgmyfaceisslapped ??? ??? :-\ :'( :-\ :'(
    I > U

Ye boomkins are lol compared to any other range....any other dps.

I did some 2s with holy pala and it worked pretty well against any team that doesn't have lock or frost mage in it... Hunter teams were hard but winnable.

Moonkins need some on-demand burst damage and possibly some magic-damage reduction to begin to be viable in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Its so patheticly bothering me... Just go on WOW armory check the Top teams..

theyre all the same setup nearly. WHY?

wouldnt it be fun.so actually play a game where there is some possibility to meet different classes.. NOT just RMP setups because the game is made that way.

Its frustrating.. and its just..next option QUIT GAME BYEBYE!

im not paying a dime anymore to this shitty company ever... im glad i quit. And i feel sorry for anyone who playes the game anyomore..

YOU PEOPLE NEED A LIFE!

Quote Originally Posted by Samonuske
    Its so patheticly bothering me... Just go on WOW armory check the Top teams..

theyre all the same setup nearly. WHY?
    Because mages, priests and rogues have almost no other viable 3v3 setups.
    You should check out cleaves, there is diversity for ya.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    Because mages, priests and rogues have almost no other viable 3v3 setups.
    You should check out cleaves, there is diversity for ya.
    Yea, all the Rogues, Mages, Priests are just better then everyone else. Has NOTHING to do with comp right? :

NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Yea, all the Rogues, Mages, Priests are just better then everyone else. Has NOTHING to do with comp right? :

NO.
    First of all, boomkins are all about CC. Sure, they can do some damage, and they can heal, but your real strengths are in the fact that you can:

- cyclone and dps can't break it.
    - roots from ranged without getting hit by melee.
    - push back pretty damn far with a good daze at the end.
    - have treants that can do a shit ton of damage AND daze their target.

I don't know about you, but you would be a fucking retard to spec into starfall and sit there trying to cast moonfire. Use your head, spec into talents that increase your dots so you can move and still put pressure on your opponents, use your roots and typhoon players so you can get a couple of wrath casts in before you have to start CCing again, and just support your partner(s).

Going into any PVP scenario thinking that you are going to be the top dog as a druid of any spec, is seriously over stepping your class design. Any caster is a glorified CC machine, and boomkins are ESPECIALLY good at that.

I have both a frost mage and a boomkin that I PVP with, and I prefer my boomkin over my mage BY FAR. My mage is geared better too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous
    First of all, boomkins are all about CC. Sure, they can do some damage, and they can heal, but your real strengths are in the fact that you can:

- cyclone and dps can't break it.
    - roots from ranged without getting hit by melee.
    - push back pretty damn far with a good daze at the end.
    - have treants that can do a shit ton of damage AND daze their target.

I don't know about you, but you would be a fucking retard to spec into starfall and sit there trying to cast moonfire. Use your head, spec into talents that increase your dots so you can move and still put pressure on your opponents, use your roots and typhoon players so you can get a couple of wrath casts in before you have to start CCing again, and just support your partner(s).

Going into any PVP scenario thinking that you are going to be the top dog as a druid of any spec, is seriously over stepping your class design. Any caster is a glorified CC machine, and boomkins are ESPECIALLY good at that.

I have both a frost mage and a boomkin that I PVP with, and I prefer my boomkin over my mage BY FAR. My mage is geared better too.
    What's the point in quoting me for this?
    I just said that it's nonsense to think that all mages are better then boomkins and thus why they are on higher ratings. Mages are on high ratings because of two things, the huge CC which is way better then those of a Moonkin if played right, although I agree a Moonkin can put up some awesome CC too, plus the fact that Frostmage survivability is just waaaay better then that of a Moonkin.

Mages are higher rated then Moonkins because of ONE thing: Their class is better.
    Don't try to ignore the facts.

Boomkins are fine, if you really wanna speak about fcked pvp spec that would be spriest... so...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfTheLickKing
    Boomkins are fine, if you really wanna speak about fcked pvp spec that would be spriest... so...
    I really don't care about how Boomkins are doing in arena, but I can say that they are nowhere near ''fine'' yet. Spriest is probably worse but not like way worse.

15+ Year Old Account

Blizz already admitted that Moonkin spec was way under powered, there is nothing new about that. what found amusing was that they said they plan on doing nothing about it because druids already have 2 viable specs in arena while some classes have none.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut
    Blizz already admitted that Moonkin spec was way under powered, there is nothing new about that. what found amusing was that they said they plan on doing nothing about it because druids already have 2 viable specs in arena while some classes have none.
    What classes would that be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

10+ Year Old Account

if every spec of every class should have same chance in arena, all specs of all classes need to have same spells, or if u want different spell names but with same effect. thats a theory. no pvp game with more than 1 class can be ever balanced

if you want to pewpew with boomkin, make frost mage character with "Boomkin" name and there is your chance

15+ Year Old Account

eh, dunno shamans only have resto really, and priests got Disc other than that they're screwed if they want to try something else.

but those are blizzards words not mine, I'll try to find the quote if it makes ya feel better.

Edit: it was in the druid Q&A "We understand some players are desperate to play Balance in PvP, but our priority is on getting underperforming classes viable before we worry about the second or third spec of classes that already have a strong PvP presence."
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    What's the point in quoting me for this?
    I just said that it's nonsense to think that all mages are better then boomkins and thus why they are on higher ratings. Mages are on high ratings because of two things, the huge CC which is way better then those of a Moonkin if played right, although I agree a Moonkin can put up some awesome CC too, plus the fact that Frostmage survivability is just waaaay better then that of a Moonkin.

Mages are higher rated then Moonkins because of ONE thing: Their class is better.
    Don't try to ignore the facts.

Reroll or respec. It's like if warriors say they want Prot to be just as viable in arenas as Arms. There may be a few high rated prot warriors, but that tree wasn't specifically designed for pvp. QQ

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana

Reroll or respec. It's like if warriors say they want Prot to be just as viable in arenas as Arms. There may be a few high rated prot warriors, but that tree wasn't specifically designed for pvp. QQ
    I'm not a Boomkin, I don't care how they do in Arena. In fact, I even hate the playstyle of them and I will never be one. Doesn't change the fact that Frostmages are just > Boomkins in PvP.