Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Notes Update - 10/23

Enchanting is not a gathering profession in the traditional sense.

Jewelcrafters create gems, but they're not the only source of it. They need miners to provide ore for it.

Scribes create inks, but rely on herbalists to provide their mats.

Alchemists can create potions and gems, but they need herbalists and miners to help them out.

Leatherworkers need skins to ply their trade. That means they need to have skinning.

Blacksmiths can make mighty weapons and armor. They need ore from miners to do it.

Tailors are the only self contained profession like enchanters. They need cloth, however - they don't create cloth. Its equal opportunity access. And they have to compete with anyone who makes bandages. No one says "its cloth, pass to tailors". Many of their speciality items also create special enchanting dust. Their only access to it is to pay an enchanter, know an enchanter who'll do it for free (this must not exist, because all the enchanters I see are demanding that no one get free mats), or they buy them on the AH.

Now lets look at enchanters. Like tailors, they require drops from the wild or created items to get their trade materials. Like tailors, no one is automatically going to pass on these items. Unlike every other profession however, they are completely self contained outside of their rods. You can almost level enchanting to maximum without any outside help.

I think the following solutions would be best:

1) Make disenchanting a secondary skill. Give enchanters a skill like tailors have to find cloth. Give them more for when they disenchant.

OR

2) Since the world of Azeroth is magical in nature, let enchanting mats drop from more places. Like Jcers prospect rare ores to get dusts and shards, let scribes mill rare herbs to find some dust inside. Let skinning magical beasts give some dust also.

Right now enchanters are the sole source of enchanting reagents and enchants. I don't get how anyone can see that is not fair to the rest of the community. When we combine JC and mining, BS and mining, leatherworking and skinning, alchemy and herbalism, inscription and herbalism then and only then will we all be on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Angevinus
    Enchanting is not a gathering profession in the traditional sense.

Jewelcrafters create gems, but they're not the only source of it. They need miners to provide ore for it.

Scribes create inks, but rely on herbalists to provide their mats.

Alchemists can create potions and gems, but they need herbalists and miners to help them out.

Leatherworkers need skins to ply their trade. That means they need to have skinning.

Blacksmiths can make mighty weapons and armor. They need ore from miners to do it.

Tailors are the only self contained profession like enchanters. They need cloth, however - they don't create cloth. Its equal opportunity access. And they have to compete with anyone who makes bandages. No one says "its cloth, pass to tailors". Many of their speciality items also create special enchanting dust. Their only access to it is to pay an enchanter, know an enchanter who'll do it for free (this must not exist, because all the enchanters I see are demanding that no one get free mats), or they buy them on the AH.

Now lets look at enchanters. Like tailors, they require drops from the wild or created items to get their trade materials. Like tailors, no one is automatically going to pass on these items. Unlike every other profession however, they are completely self contained outside of their rods. You can almost level enchanting to maximum without any outside help.

I think the following solutions would be best:

1) Make disenchanting a secondary skill. Give enchanters a skill like tailors have to find cloth. Give them more for when they disenchant.

OR

2) Since the world of Azeroth is magical in nature, let enchanting mats drop from more places. Like Jcers prospect rare ores to get dusts and shards, let scribes mill rare herbs to find some dust inside. Let skinning magical beasts give some dust also.

Right now enchanters are the sole source of enchanting reagents and enchants. I don't get how anyone can see that is not fair to the rest of the community. When we combine JC and mining, BS and mining, leatherworking and skinning, alchemy and herbalism, inscription and herbalism then and only then will we all be on the same page.

you seem to forget most enchanters are SUPPOSE to go tailoring to DE those greens its recomended even in the manual , now this new change will be like whenever there is a monster that can be skinned or a mining ore in the instance

The vanish revert makes no sense. the 1/2 second imunity made the ability do what it was meant for ; allow the rogue to avoid incoming death. Other classes have abilities that do the same thing, Pally's bubble, Mages Ice block, Hunter's Feign death. There's no way that 1/2 second made rogues OP, you vanish- you proc global CD's (which are a full second)- by the time you can perform another special ability the imunity is gone anyway.
    the only reason other classes are chearing about the revert is because those players cant beat rogues, if the rogue class is working properly. Rogues arent OP , they just take more skill to play. Stop bitching about your lack of skill against rogue players, L2 pvp, or transfer to an RP server :P

I could give a shit less that you will all have access to mats but bottom line is, the market will now be flooded with mats. They already hotfixed the amount of dust we get from greens/abyssal shatter (I am getting 2-3 from crafted greens where it was 1-2 before) and now with this change, ALL gear is going to get DE'd. You're flooding the market, supply will outgrow demand and people will undercut each other so low that enchanting will be a waste of time on the AH. THIS is what concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    Enchanting isn't a gathering profession.
    Enchanting is a gathering proffesion because without it we wouldn't have dust would we ;D
    Skinning is a gathering proffesion because without it we wouldn't have skins would we ;D
    Your arguement is flawed.
    When people stop complaining about dks I will write the words "I WAS WRONG" on my forhead. But until then, I will continue to defend DK pride!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sinistergaz
    Enchanting is a gathering proffesion because without it we wouldn't have dust would we ;D
    Skinning is a gathering proffesion because without it we wouldn't have skins would we ;D
    Your arguement is flawed.

Jewelcrafting is a Gathering proffesion!Without prospecting, we wouldnt have gems!
    Inscription is a Gathering proffesion! Without Milling, we wouldnt have inks!

Quote Originally Posted by x78lo
    What if all the enchanters are wrong and this is the way bliz wants enchanting mats to be provided? What if they saw so many greedy enchanters and how the prices need to be brought in line.

Golden rule and all that, if you fuck over people don't be so hurt when you get fucked over.
    Aren't enchanter getting f*cked over? Enchanters need these mats to LEVEL their own proffesion. My enchanting is at 432 because of the lack of mats i get from just playing around without buying and spending money to get the mats. Yes some people see enchanting as kinda op being the only source of enchants and the enchant reagents but for those who are still leveling this proffesion. Enchanting has always been hard to level up. Now it will be harder as this rolling system will also be implemented on lower levels as well.
    So all in all. This will be majorly f*cking over those enchanters who are leveling proffesions and have not done what you have said and have been f*cking their party members over (i do agree with your concept).
    When people stop complaining about dks I will write the words "I WAS WRONG" on my forhead. But until then, I will continue to defend DK pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Envojus

Jewelcrafting is a Gathering proffesion!Without prospecting, we wouldnt have gems!
    Inscription is a Gathering proffesion! Without Milling, we wouldnt have inks!
    with mining we do have gems ;D
    man ur gud with the ink one :-[

BTW many people forget that some enchanters actually level their enchanting skill so that they can de and because of making enchants yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Angevinus
    Tailors are the only self contained profession like enchanters. They need cloth, however - they don't create cloth. Its equal opportunity access. And they have to compete with anyone who makes bandages. No one says "its cloth, pass to tailors".
    Northrend Tailors have a buff which allows them to loot extra cloth from dead bodies, getting cloth is not really an issue.

Enchanters should get something similar to tailors (or alchemists and their procs) and be able to get extra items when they disenchant things (see the hot fix they've been talking about). DEing something yourself should give more mats then a non enchanter clicking the DE button. It would have to be a low enough chance to not encourage people rolling greed and getting an enchanter to DE it anyway but seeing as we actually had to level our profession to allow us to DE items at higher levels we really should get something out of it.

I also kinda think that DEing a 245 epic should really give more then a 200 naxx epic.

I'm not sure exactly what this change will do the value of enchants etc on the AH, the cost of all enchanting mats (except abyss?) will be lower so enchants will cost less, maybe with the lower costs people won't mind giving tips so much now...

you know for a measly 4-5k you can google an online guide and just level another prof in one day. Its not "alot of hard work" or any of that nonsense, its a quick switch to whichever gives you the best buffs for your class...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MASTER OF?!!!!!!

I remember posting that idea over and over in the WOW forums >_>

I always said that is hard enough to get the achivement so we should get the tittle for each BG, Although this only applies to the 3 classic bgs, I'm glad =) ....and maybe somebody else was spamming this too, I can't really say it was my idea, but in the past, is been a QQ for that tittle =)

If you need the vanish bug to beat a rogue you're doing it wrong.
    I understand that they don't want to hand out any buffs, but it's odd to suggest that rogues have to deal with an ability that flat out fails to work. It deserves a fix of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Turin777
    But wait... in recent times, we have this whole concept that enchanting mats are to be *shared* amongst the whole group. Why? Why does the player who is NOT an enchanter feel he's entitled to these mats?
    Too much enchanter crying.

I tell you what, to save your bitching I'll roll on the item and vendor it for gold instead.

And please, stop comparing your profession to gathering professions. No, I don't have to share my herbs, and guess why, because I spent two hours faming on my own for them, without your help, so why would you be entitled to them? On the other hand if I run an instance with you I've earned the greens, blues and purples as much as you have. Those drops belong to everyone, so it fits so should the shards. If you don't like it, cool, we'll all roll on loot and vendor it instead.

Ok, so all the people who are clearly not enchanters and are loving this change, can you please tell me how we're supposed to make money now? Don't tell me to advertise in trade and charge for it, because there is ALWAYS someone else who will do it for free. We wont be able to sell enchants on the AH anymore, because why would people bother when they're already swimming in mats themselves? When this goes live, there will be pretty much no profit to be earned from enchanting, at least for players who don't want to stand around in Dalaran 24 hours a day hoping to get the few people who don't mind paying even when someone else is offering for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture
    And please, stop comparing your profession to gathering professions. No, I don't have to share my herbs, and guess why, because I spent two hours faming on my own for them, without your help, so why would you be entitled to them? On the other hand if I run an instance with you I've earned the greens, blues and purples as much as you have. Those drops belong to everyone, so it fits so should the shards. If you don't like it, cool, we'll all roll on loot and vendor it instead.
    Fine, I'm cool with that, if you're cool with rolling on the herbs, skins and ores you get WHILST INSIDE THE INSTANCE. What's that? You don't want to do that? How come? Because you spent hours levelling that prof to be able to obtain those mats, and you don't think it's fair to just hand them out to anyone? Hypocrisy isn't attractive.

And for the record, I've been in a number of PuGs where people have donated their cloth drops to the tailor, and gladly given their greens to the enchanter. Just because you're an asshole doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

Awesome changes. Love the raid lfg system that they may be working on. Love the rogue thing, they're OP enough as it is in pvp. If you can stun someone until they die, you're OP.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Awesome changes. Love the raid lfg system that they may be working on. Love the rogue thing, they're OP enough as it is in pvp. If you can stun someone until they die, you're OP.
    they cant stun someone who has been active in BG's and arena since season 5 that has atleast full furious, if you dont have the gear, then you dont have the experience and you wouldnt know what to do if you did survive the cheap shot kidney or garrote. Everytime someone complains about dying in a stun (tons of people) all good pvp players hear in there head when they read that is hes terribad at pvp, not that theres an issue with rogues. Rogues are usually 1st chosen targets in arena because they are very squishy, they have just as many weaknesses as strengths. What if you cast a spell and when the cast bar was done nothing happened, or you hit hammer of wrath and nothing happened but the cd was blown, or you pennance and it channels but didnt heal. Vanish should atleast work, its like the blink bug where you move forward 2 inches and the cd is blown. These basic bugs should have been fixed a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza
    I still don't see the problem, your logic is flawed. Hello, are you even THINKING? Lets say you are in a dungeon. EVERYONE is rolling on that same thing. You rolled a 35 someone rolled a 99. They get the item, they are going to run out and get it DE'd form themselves so THEY have the mats.
    Now with this in place, AND THE SAME deal. You rolled a 35 he rolled a 99. Oh what's this. GASP He STILL GOT HIS MATS only he didn't need to run to someone else to get it done for him. It doesn't matter if the ****ed thing disenchants or not, the winner of the roll is STILL getting the item, it just saves a step in the breaking down process. Maybe if you weren't being so friggen greedy and lost the attitude you MIGHT have solved that one your sel
    U r so stupid. u can't fking go to. A enchanter and DE the loot, most are BoP ur tard *facepalm*

stop talkin shit

BoP items can be trade now, so he was absolutly right.

This whole enchanting thing is a big joke.

As i changed my professions a couple of times, enchanting IS the most expensive prof ive ever seen.
    well tailoring or engineering was ok, but enchanting..

and the ONLY profit you get from this profession next to ring enchants is:

DISENCHANT and Sell!
    and therefor this whole change sucks a lot

anyone will have materials and no longer sell blues/epics to vendors
    prices will go deep down and enchanting not only is about 12-20k gold to level, its also a waste of time

my jewelcrafting brings me 1000-5000 gold a day, if i do some nice AH job

when i changed to enchanting (what was the 5. profession change to 450 in WOTLK), i recognize myself crying about how expensive it was
    to skill this (so even after you are DONE with 450 every pattern costs massive amounts of shards. you will need 120-300g per pattern... wtf?)
    and recognize saying to a mate, that this whole profession wont make any gold next to selling this mats

and now?^^

ok so im sure theres been much QQ about it before but i thought id just bring it up again (i didnt read EEEEVERY post so i dunno if someone else said it) but.... uh.....where be my PVE gained frostwyrm?! im hoping to dear god that pve'ers get the friggin frostwyrm FINALLY in ICC through hardmodes, if not ima gunna cry! and ill flood everything and everyone with my tears! tbh it seems logical that its gained through ICC but still its about damn time they implemented it already c'mon!!
    This is the point where /headdesk doesn't quite cut it... So I start using /bodywall