Patch 3.3 - PTR Build 10676
Welcome to another excitement of a new PTR build! This news will be updated with tons of details over the night, stay tuned!
Looking for ... Raid?
We already knew that 3.3 will let us join cross-server random group for dungeons, but apparently Blizzard is working on a functionality to add the feature to raids! Nothing is official for the moment, it might only be here for testing purposes
The login screen has been updated and looks much better now. The layout is now ready for Cataclysm.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
- Bane of the Fallen King - Defeat the Lich King in Icecrown Citadel in 10-player heroic mode. Title Reward: Bane of the Fallen King
- The Ashen Verdict - Earn exalted status with the Ashen Verdict. Title Reward: Of the Ashen Verdict
- Wrathful Gladiator - Achieved Wrathful Gladiator title.
- Wrathful Gladiator's Frostwyrm - Obtain the Wrathful Gladiator's Frostwyrm from Arena Season 8 of Wrath of the Lich King.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
- Item - Shadowmourne Legendary - Your weapon swings have a chance to drain a Soul Fragment from their victims. When you have acquired 10 Soul Fragments you wil unleash the Souls of the Damned, dealing 6840 to 7560 shadow damage split between all enemies within 8 yards.
- Soul Fragment - Gained a Soul Fragment. When 10 Soul Fragments are accumulated, they will release, triggering the Souls of the Damned.
- Souls of the Damned - Deals 6840 to 7560 Shadow damage, split between all enemies within 8 yards of the impact crater.
Icecrown Weapon Procs
- Item - Icecrown 25 Normal Ranged Weapon Proc - Your ranged attacks have a 4% chance to cause you to instantly attack with this weapon for 50% weapon damage.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Heroic Ranged Weapon Proc - Your ranged attacks have a 5% chance to cause you to instantly attack with this weapon for 50% weapon damage.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Normal Caster Weapon Proc - Your harmful spells have a chance to cause you to summon a Val'kyr to fight by your side for 30 sec.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Heroic Caster Weapon Proc - Your harmful spells have a chance to cause you to summon a Val'kyr to fight by your side for 30 sec.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Normal Healer Weapon Proc - Each time your spells heal a target you have a chance to cause the target of your heal to heal themselves and friends within 10 yards for 217 each sec for 6 sec.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Heroic Healer Weapon Proc - Each time your spells heal a target you have a chance to cause the target of your heal to heal themselves and friends within 10 yards for 245 each sec for 6 sec.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Normal Tank Weapon Proc - Your weapon swings have a chance to grant you Blessing of Light, increasing your strength by 100 and your healing received by up to 300 for 10 sec.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Heroic Tank Weapon Proc - Your weapon swings have a chance to grant you Blessing of Light, increasing your strength by 115 and your healing received by up to 340 for 10 sec.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Normal Slow Melee Weapon Proc - Your weapon swings have a chance to grant you Necrotic Touch for 10 sec, causing all your melee weapon attacks to deal an additional 9% damage as shadow damage.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Heroic Slow Melee Weapon Proc - Your weapon swings have a chance to grant you Necrotic Touch for 10 sec, causing all your melee weapon attacks to deal an additional 10% damage as shadow damage.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Normal Dagger Proc - Your melee weapon attacks have a chance to trigger Invigoration, granting you 2 energy, 1 rage, 60 mana, or 4 runic power every 2 sec for 10 sec.
- Item - Icecrown 25 Heroic Dagger Proc - Your melee weapon attacks have a chance to trigger Invigoration, granting you 2 energy, 1 rage, 60 mana, or 4 runic power every 2 sec for 12 sec.
- Wrathful Gladiator's Frost Wyrm - Summons and dismisses a rideable Wrathful Gladiator's Frost Wyrm mount. This is an extremely fast mount. This mount can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend.
- Toxic Wasteling - Right Click to summon and dismiss your toxic wasteling. Do not feed toxic wasteling. Do not allow toxic wasteling to approach small animals. Do not touch, sniff, or even look at toxic wasteling for extended periods of time.
- Gift of the Earthmother now also reduces the base cooldown of your Lifebloom spell by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Deep Freeze now deals 1469 to 1741 damage to targets permanently immune to stuns.
- Frozen Core no longer causes your Ice Lance criticals to reduce the cast time of your next Frostbolt or Frostfire Bolt
- Divine Sacrifice has been redesigned - Damage which reduces the Paladin below 20% health will break the effect.
- Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain - The periodic damage ticks of your Shadow Word: Pain spell restore 1% of your base mana. (Old - Your haste now reduces the time between the periodic damage ticks of your Shadow Word: Pain spell. PTR Only change)
- Pandemic no longer affects your Felhunter's Shadow Bite ability.
- Shadow Mastery now also affects your Felhunter's Shadow Bite ability.
- Molten Core - Increases the duration of your Immolate by 0 to 0 sec, and you have a 12% chance to gain the Molten Core effect when your Corruption deals damage. The Molten Core effect empowers your next 3 Incinerate or Soul Fire spells cast within 15 sec. Incinerate - Increases damage done by 6/12/18% and reduces cast time by 10/20/30%. Soul Fire - Increases damage done by 6/12/18% and increases critical strike chance by 5/10/15%.
Patch 3.3 PTR Notes Update - 10/23
- Character Creation: The descriptions for races, classes, and race/class combinations have been improved to provide new players with a better idea of the roles and advantages of each class and race.
- Knockbacks no longer dismount players. If on a flying mount, you will be knocked back a short distance before being able to resume flying.
- Force of Nature: Health on the treants has been increased.
- Predatory Strikes: The Predatory Swiftness buff from this talent now has a 5-second duration.
- Gift of the Earthmother: Redesigned. This talent now increases spell haste and reduces the base global cooldown by 2/4/6/8/10% instead of its previous effect.
- Mirror Image: Health on the mirror images has been increased.
- Divine Sacrifice: Redesigned. The effect of Divine Sacrifice is now party-only and the maximum damage which can be transferred is now limited to 40% of the paladin’s health multiplied by the number of party members. In addition, the bug which allowed Divine Sacrifice to sometimes persist despite reaching its maximum damage has been fixed. Divine Sacrifice will now cancel as soon as its maximum damage value is exceeded in all cases. Finally, damage which reduces the paladin’s health below 20% now cancels the effect early.
- Vanish: For the first half second after this ability is used, neither Vanish nor Stealth can be broken by taking damage or being the victim of a hostile spell or ability. (Change Reverted)
- Many of the default Interface Options settings have been changed for greater ease of use by new players. Existing players who create new characters may want to review the Interface Options in the event that the default settings feel different.
- Buffs and Debuffs: This is a new section added to Interface Options.
- New option - Castable Debuffs: Enabling this will cause only debuffs you have cast on an enemy target to appear.
- New option - Consolidate Buffs: Enabling this adds a buff consolidation box near the mini-map. Very short term buffs (e.g. Replenishment) and very long term buffs (e.g. Prayer of Fortitude) are filtered into the buff box. The icons are stacked here, but they can still be seen by moving the mouse cursor over the buff box. Long term buffs will move out of the box when they are about to expire. Buffs such as important procs (e.g. Art of War, Lightning Overload), cooldowns (e.g. Bloodlust / Heroism, Combustion) or limited in range (e.g. totems and paladin auras) are always displayed.
- Tutorial System: The tutorial pop-ups are now larger, contain images, and better try to direct players to the relevant locations or user interface elements on the screen. In addition, several new tips have been added, while some existing tips will now appear at more appropriate times for new players.
- Dungeon & Raid Difficult Display: A group’s dungeon or raid difficulty setting will now be displayed via an icon off of the mini-map.
- Group Disenchanting Option: In addition to rolling “Need” or “Greed” on items, players now have the option to elect for an item to be disenchanted. “Disenchant” works exactly like “Greed” except if a player wins the “Greed” roll, they will receive the disenchanted materials instead. Players who choose “Need” will always win the item and will always beat those that choose “Greed” or “Disenchant.”
- Lag Reports: Players can now report high latency or lag by accessing the Help Request menu.
- The all-new Kalu’ak Fishing Derby, a test of fishing skill with a healthy dash of luck, has come to Northrend! Every Wednesday beginning at 8 PM players can try to catch the elusive Blacktip Shark. Elder Clearwater sits in Dalaran for one hour awaiting the return of the quickest, most experienced fisher to bring him this shark. This champion fisher will be rewarded in-kind for returning with the first catch. Those who aren’t able to return with the first catch will still receive just reward for getting the Blacktip Shark to Elder Clearwater before he takes his leave. It is said that these sharks’ favorite meal are the bite-sized Pygmy Suckerfish. Perhaps a hook in their waters will do the trick.
- The Achievements to get exalted with the Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, and Alterac Valley factions have been removed from their respective “Master of” Meta-Achievements. Special titles will be offered to those who reach exalted with these factions.
- “The Party’s Over” has been removed from Achievements and is no longer a part of the “Glory of the Hero” Meta-Achievement.
- “Master Angler of Stranglethorn” has been changed to “Master Angler of Azeroth” and can be achieved by winning either the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby or the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza.
- Arena Set Bonuses: The two-piece set bonus for all Wrath of the Lich King Arena sets now provides 100 resilience and 29 spell power or 50 attack power. The current four-piece bonus will remain, however it also now provides 88 spell power or 150 attack power.
- Shaman Tier-9 4-Piece Set Bonus (Elemental): This set bonus now places a damage-over-time effect on the target when Lava Burst deals damage instead of increasing the size of the Lava Burst.