Herald of the Titans, 2 or 3 healers?

Me and my guildies started to prepare for this achievement, our concern is Do we have enough dps to do it in pre 3.2 gear or not. One of the options to do only with 2 healers, its challenging for me(healer here) since we did Observed with 3 healers. Not sure is it possible though...
    Any advices to share?

Re: Herald of the Titans, 2 or 3 healers?

Yes, its very much possible, we have always 3 healed it
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Kasanagi

3 healing is the best way to go. there is alot of raid damage going on an if your dps'ers are good ( i asume they are ) there shuold be no biggie in it (;

Depends how much you beat the enrage by in 3.2 gear. You can wear full 226 gear and 232 weapons, so it's really not that bad as long as you saved a good set for it. If your dps isn't bad you can 3 heal it just fine, and 2 healing sounds kind of scary.

I would say 3 healers, the enrage in 10man is a joke and you have to remember that your tanks will have less health/avoidence

I just did this achievement yesterday and would personally reccomend three healers, the enrage shouldn't be an issue as long as you don't lose anyone but keeping everyone alive with only two would be pretty tough unless they were both absolutely excellent players.

I've been doing this for my guildmates for the last two weeks and two healers was significantly more annoying than three.

I say use three, it's how I'll do my third and final group to round it out, and our first one was much smoother than this last one
    was.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Hijacking the thread a bit here, sorry, but you guys how have been doing this lately, can you tell me please if you have had a successful achievement with anyone in the raid wearing a weapon of 232 iLevel from ToC10? There have been all sorts of rumors about ToC10 weapons not being ok for Herald, though technically 232 weapons are ok since they drop in hard modes Ulduar10.

15+ Year Old Account

we had 3 healers to cause our dps was good

Quote Originally Posted by Amaiya
    Hijacking the thread a bit here, sorry, but you guys how have been doing this lately, can you tell me please if you have had a successful achievement with anyone in the raid wearing a weapon of 232 iLevel from ToC10? There have been all sorts of rumors about ToC10 weapons not being ok for Herald, though technically 232 weapons are ok since they drop in hard modes Ulduar10.
    There are three restrictions on the gear that you can use for this achievement.

You may not use weapons, shields, offhands or relics with an item level above 232.

You may not use any armour or accessories with an item level above 226.

You may not use any equiupment that was added in patch 3.2 at all, regardless of item level.

The third one is extremely stupid, but that's just the way it is.

Edit: The third restriction may or may not be true.

That is very clear indeed, thank you.

Deleted

I found this comment somewhere around the net, i don't remeber where but i will use it if i'm going to try that, here you go:

Yep, any 232 weapons will do, including Ulduar25 normal and Coliseum10 normal weapons. Some people seem to believe that you're only allowed to use 226 weapons with exceptions for the Ulduar10 hard mode weapons, this isn't true.

So basically, you can have 232 main hand/off hand/ranged/wand/relic and 226 for the rest. In terms of where gear comes from, that's the following:

Allowed:
    - Heroic/Naxx/OS/EoE gear from any players/difficulty
    - Heroism, Valor, Conquest badge loot
    - Any Tier 7, Tier 8 set items
    - Trial of the Champion normal/heroic gear and weapons
    - Ulduar10 normal/hard mode gear and weapons
    - Coliseum10 normal mode weapons ONLY (armor is not allowed)
    - Ulduar25 normal mode gear and weapons
    - Frozen Orb craftables, BoE epic world drops
    - Runed Orb craftables

Not allowed:
    - Triumph badge loot
    - Any Tier 9 set items (including the 232 set)
    - Coliseum10 any difficulty armor
    - Coliseum10 hard mode weapons
    - Coliseum25 any difficulty anything
    - Ulduar25 hard mode armor or weapons
    - Crusader Orb craftables

So again we have the conflict. Can anyone confirm that they themselves got the achievement with their group wearing ToC10 normal weapons?

Deleted

So again we have the conflict. Can anyone confirm that they themselves got the achievement with their group wearing ToC10 normal weapons?
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...77460961&sid=1

TOC10 weapons are just fine and you should stop spreading the rumor that they are not. The requirements are very simple and you are overthinking them. Drop location has nothing to do with it, just item level. 232 weapons are ok. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong and/or misinformed.

This person got it, and said they used ToC10 weapons if you don't want to believe common sense. Search for their post on the subject in the Dungeon & Raid forums. Might have been achievement, but I believe it was D&R.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a...onde&cn=Skysec

Edit:
    Since someone will invariably contradict me and not bother to do the search, I did it.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...54695&sid=1#19

Q u o t e:
    For herald I can confirm its 226 armor limit and 232 weapon limit, toc weapons/shields/ranged were used by my group and we got it.

I had people ask about pvp gear but we ended up not using any so I can't say anything about furious stuff.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...432418&sid=1#8

Q u o t e:
    Herald is only ilvl based

weapons/shield/ranged = 232 limit
    everything else is 226 limit

Doesn't matter where you get the loot from, even if its boe or whatever

So - exactly what I said.

The first thread linked does mention some problems with ToC10 weapons, but the other thread with the post from an Elitist Jerks member and someone else confirm its ok to use them.
    I guess there have either been some rare bugs or some other 'illegal' piece used, but that TOC10 weapons are valid for herald. That means armor from patch 2.3 with iLevel 226 and below should be ok also (I plan to use 2 pieces from ToC5).
    Awesome.

2 healers is doable, but I personally prefer 3 if you do not want to risk anything. Dps should not usually be a problem.

I would say 3, Algalon hits like an absolute even in my heroic 10 man TOC and reg 25 man tank gear. Healers will be going OOM fast with only 2. Lots of raid damage as well to consider.