Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Post ideas for new hunter abilities in Cataclysm!

Headshot

Instant cast
    No Cooldown
    1 focus

Instantly kills your target
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic
    "OMFG I spent 7g buying [insert item name] from action house, but it didn't go in my bag!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Zuldain
    Camoflauge - weak stealth.
    Give back my cowmooflage!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkGod
    Headshot

Instant cast
    No Cooldown
    1 focus

Instantly kills your target
    lol.. i wish

Hi all. I'm a hunter in wow myself. I've been a ghost in these forums for a while, finally saw a topic that i just had to register for!

For anyone curious i am Kittiara of Executus, feel free to armory me if you so desire.

Anyway, my ideas:

Talent/glyph/normalized(whatever).

Point Blank. Reduces the range needed to fire your ranged weapon to -1 yards. Any target (0-3) yards away from you takes X% amount of less damage. (I'm thinking 50% which can be reduced with talents or glyphs).

Improved Stings (talent): (In the MM tree)

Increases the damage done by your serpent sting and wyvern sting by 10/20/30% and the mana drained by your viper sting by 10/20/30%. In addition, reduces the chance that your stings can be dispelled by 33/66/100%.

Alternatively, they could make it so it is nondispellable for 2/3/4 seconds after it lands, making chimera shot easier to use in PVP. (You could also have the use of chimera shot refresh the nondispellable duration, though that would be really OP).

Improved Feign Death (talent 2 points): (Alternatively add it to Survival Instincts or Survival Tactics)

For 2/4 seconds after Feign Death is used, you can not be damaged by direct melee attacks or spells. However, AoE abilities can still damage you for 75% of full damage.

Head shot (talent 3 points): Your ranged attacks have a 1/2/3% chance of instantly bringing a target down to 45/35/25% of its total Hit Points. Can not occur more than once every 20 seconds. Bosses are immune, as well as some elites.

Stalk (trainable): Similar to all the Camouflage ideas flying around.

The hunter and the pet blend into the shadows/background/surroundings. While stalking, movement speed is reduced by 40% and traps may be placed without breaking the stalking effect. If any of the hunters traps are activated while he is stalking, the hunter gains "Prepared" increasing all damage done by 10% for 10 seconds and the hunter is forced into combat, removing the stalker effect. Can not be activated while you or your pet are in combat. 15 second cooldown, 1 second channeling to activate.

Glyph of Deterrence: Reduces the damage of all spells and abilities that can not be parried by 50%

OR

Improved Deterrence: Same as above.

Tweaking ideas from other people that I've seen in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by italyguy
    Exactly what the title says lol

Sonic Blast: Fire a supersonic projectile at the enemy knocking them back 15 yd, dazing them for 3 seconds.
    30 sec cooldown.

GoGoGo with ideas!
    Sonic Arrow (similar to frost arrow): Fire a Sonic Projectile at a target location, any targets caught in the blast radius of the resulting Sonic Boom is knocked back X amount of yards, and dazed up to 3 seconds. (Can also do nature/arcane/physical damage by some small amount too).

Quote Originally Posted by Shonvel
    for survival :

Escape
    60 focus
    5 min cd
    Hunter creates a copy of himself to distract target while going to stealth for 5 sec to perform escape maneuver.
    This lowers greatly aggro and wipes all moving impairing effects.

idk it would kinda be like mirror image with only 1 copy + invisibility + feign death
    maybe give like 4-5k to hunters copy and after he dies he stuns the target for 2-4 seconds.
    This is a neat idea. I would only make a few small changes.
    Escape/Doppelganger/It's a Trap! (trainable):
    60 focus
    5 minute cd
    Hunter creates a copy of himself to distract the target while going into an undetectable stealth for 5 seconds, removing all stuns, snares, disorinates and replacing them on the doppelganger. The doppelganger has the exact same health/mana as its user, but takes 200% (maybe 300%?) damage. If the doppelganger is destroyed before the hunter reappears, it explodes dealing damage and stunning all targets around it for 3 seconds and the hunter is forced out of stealth. If the doppelganger is not destroyed in 5 seconds, no explosion takes place and the hunter reappears to all enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasui
    MM

Deathly Stings 2 Min CD

Gives the hunter the ability to fire all of his stings on the target. Their effectiviness is increased by 200% and lasts in 10 sec. It cant be dispelled

- Would be AWESOME. And OP lol :P
    Awesome idea here from my PoV. My tweaks.

Deathly Stings (MM talent): Combines the effect of all stings into one, draining Mana, health, and reducing chance to hit for 15 seconds. If Chimera shot is fired while deathly stings is active, Damage is done according to serpent sting, in addition to rage/focus/energy/runic power being drained by 10%, Mana by 5%, as well as a 10% chance to stun the target for 2 seconds. Stun can not occur more than once every 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatu
    I would love to see blizzard making gear for pets.
    Armor plating for your wolf/bear/cat etc etc.

This way they could make the survivability dependant on the gear you aquired instead of reducing standard aoe incoming damage. So you basically start out with an average pet, getting to gear him up.
    Buyable with emblems you get from specific hunter dailies ( catch and hand in 3 rares ranging from lvl 30-80 for example )
    They could even make different sets : DPS gear- Tank Gear- PvP gear.

This would also make people personalize their pet a bit more to their liking and would make pets a bigger part of hunter dps.
    I could not agree more. Even though pets have gotten better than ever in WotLK, there's still room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by RiceRomp
    Big Daddy

Hunter pulls out a bazooka and shoots target.
    60yard range
    6second Cast
    Does 250% weapon damage and slows targets movement speed by 50%
    Love this one, even if it will never happen. My tweak.

ICRfU - It's Comin' Right for Us! (trainable or talent):
    The hunters ranged weapon increases in size by 300%, increasing its damage potentiality for 15 seconds. While enlarged, all hunter shots have a slight channeling time (1-3 seconds, can be reduced with haste). If the channeling shot is fired, it can deal anywhere from Normal damage to 3x (4x if glyphed) times normal damage. Critical Strike chance reduced by 50% of your current critical strike chance. (I.E. if you have a 50% crit chance its reduced to 25%)

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Metian
    I really lol'd about some ideas.. haha
    Yeah some are REALLY REAAAAALLY bad :P

I'll try to come up with some more FUN skills, rather than leetsaucehaxOMGWTFPEWPEWPLAZRORS skills which basically make the class unbalanced by just adding them.

Arcane Flurry
    5% of base mana
    Instant 20 sec cooldown

Infuses your next Arcane Shot fired within 5 sec to detonate at the target and set the ground below it ablaze. The Arcane Detonation will deal [RAP * 0.15 + 492] damage to the target and deal [RAP * 0.15 + 984] damage to all enemies in an 8 yard radius around the target over 6 seconds.

-BM Talent: Your pet will regenerate focus 25% faster when standing inside an Arcane Flurry zone.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Trigger Happy
    16% of base mana 5-35 yards
    Channeled 1,5 min cooldown

Causes you to fire frantically at the target, reducing ranged attack speed by 75% but reducing damage dealt by 50% up to a maximum of 8 seconds. Arrows and/or bolts are not consumed during Trigger Happy. Each damaging hit increases the damage of your next hit by 2%, and also reduces the cooldown on your next Trigger Happy cooldown by 2 seconds.

-A fun dps cooldown, who doesn't like machine-gun-like action ? Makes haste a little more worthwile (more shots fires, is more damage increased, and also more cooldown reduced!)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Point Blank. Reduces the range needed to fire your ranged weapon to -1 yards. Any target (0-3) yards away from you takes X% amount of less damage. (I'm thinking 50% which can be reduced with talents or glyphs).
    So basically remove melee weapons from hunters or something? What are you gonna do? Stab him with a bullet???

For 2/4 seconds after Feign Death is used, you can not be damaged by direct melee attacks or spells. However, AoE abilities can still damage you for 75% of full damage.
    Mini-bubble every 20-30~ seconds. Oh yeah?

Head shot (talent 3 points): Your ranged attacks have a 1/2/3% chance of instantly bringing a target down to 45/35/25% of its total Hit Points. Can not occur more than once every 20 seconds. Bosses are immune, as well as some elites.
    1% chance of reducing 45% of it's total hit points....
    .........I....but..waa? ... REALLY? -no words can express the amount of facepalms here-

"Sharp Shot" 6 Second Cast, 60 Second Cooldown, 50 yard range (range can be increased by talents) The hunter takes aim, unleashing a shot dealing 250% weapon damage. The speed of this shot cannot be increased by haste/talents/buffs. Successful Sharp Shot attacks cause the hunter to gain the Sharpshooter buff, increasing Critical Strike Chance by 5% until the hunter leaves combat.
    -Instakill every minute. Right?

"Higher Ground" The hunter's range for all ranged attacks is increased by 10/30/50% (Maximum of 75 Yards) of the hunters height above this target when the hunter's target is on lower ground. In addition, the hunters attacks hit 3/6/10% harder.
    So you can basically hit anything in line of sight, but just kill them 10% faster.

Pheromone Shot 10 Sec. CD, deals 125% Weapon damage, plus applies 1 stack of pheromone (stacks up to three times) for 15 Seconds. For each stack of the Pheromone debuff, The hunter and all beasts attacking the target deal 10% more damage.
    This is the one I like, but can't you see that dealing 125% weapon damage (same as chimera shot, without serpent sting) already is HUGE!!
    And to add to that, you want ONE ability to increases ALL damage dealt by both YOU AND YOUR PET to be increased by a whopping permanent 30%!?!?!?

Maybe if it was 60% damage stacking up to five times, and increasing white damage by 1% per stack... but this is just WAAAY over the top for any class really.

Improved Readiness: Your Readiness has a 10% chance to remove it's own cooldown when used. 3 rapid fire's in a row ftw
    I lol'd. You want an RNG placement inside a cooldown ability? xD? waat? The mathematical chance of this happenening once is 1 time in 30 minutes. (Worthless)

This is one of the very, very few i found applyable to WoW:

Survival PvE:
    Improved Explosive shot: Adds an aoe effect to explosive shot (as the usual intent of the talent was) that hits all enemies within 5 yards of the target for x fire damage. This aoe effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds (to remove the ability of getting three aoe attacks in a row from L&L proc)

Sorry if you take any personal rage against me. But I just can't stand people who go like:

+5125432 damage talent every 985 minutes (WHAT? The cooldown balanced it RITE??)
    +*()2981723% damage and firing lazers from my eyes
    -ibecomeaferaldruidWOOOT
    -immaroguenow
    -iwannadualwieldretributionpaladinswhodualwieldwarlockswithlazerimps

/flame off

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

The idea behind point blank was to give us the ability to shoot while stuffs in melee range. I mean who wouldn't shoot a gun at point blank range at a guy trying to kill you that's in your face? remove deadzone, so to speak, but add a reduced damage for those inside the dead zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator

Trigger Happy
    16% of base mana 5-35 yards
    Channeled 1,5 min cooldown

Causes you to fire frantically at the target, increasing ranged attack speed by 75% but reducing damage dealt by 50% up to a maximum of 8 seconds. Arrows and/or bolts are not consumed during Trigger Happy. Each damaging hit increases the damage of your next hit by 2%, and also reduces the cooldown on your next Trigger Happy cooldown by 2 seconds.
    Fixed your idea btw, and I do kinda like that one ;P

The headshot talent i will agree with you on, it wasn't originally my idea but it did amuse me a bit to think about Some kind of head shot ability/talent would be nice. Maybe a 2 second stun at random or something *shrug*

As for your arcane flurry idea... eh... Not really seeing it, and they had a trinket back in BWL (I think?) that had arcane shot do something similar if I'm not mistaken.

Baabinator Sharp shot is great, it wont even take 20 % of some one's hp.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

IMO if they add a new ability it will NOT be another slow/knockback/disengage/etc. It wont be anyother cheap trick to get out of damage in pvp. If anything it will be another boring shot such as a 3 second cast X% weapon damage + X Damage overtime. Such as Fire arrow or something like that. In otherwords an Explosive shot that hits hard and has a small dot portion according to the crit. I know nothing exciting, but what dont hunters have... Another idea would be something like
    [Precision Shot] Weapon damage +you crit % as extra dmg. So if you had 20% Crit then it does Weapon dmg +20% This would mean it scaled fairly well with gear and wouldnt be broken in pvp.

Since we're moving to a focus system, we'll probably have two categories of attacks, similar to combo points and openers/finishers. They already told us that Steady shot will increase our focus regeneration.

Hopefully we will get an opener and/or finisher that is a 4+ second stun like rogues/druids/paladins.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity

Aspect of the Hare
    25 Focus

Your character will not be able to Run or Walk, instead he jumps 10 yards forwards.
    When jumping you will automatically lay down mines that deal (300dmg + 0,75*Agi) . Reduces Armor by 15% and increases range by 15 yards.

Gleve Shot
    10 Focus per 10sek

*Activatable* Your shots gain the skill to bounce up to 3 times. Each bounce reduces damage by 20%
    [Starts at 100%]
    love WoWarcraft

Okay, this might be kinda OP but anyways.

Improved Deterrence

Hunter is now able to get out of stuns/disarm effects while using deterrence. In addition all damage overtime effects on hunter is cut to half, and turned to heal hunter directly the amount of damage left.

Maybe they should let different specs have different uses with pets.

BM would be very in touch with the pet and have a lot of abilities that augment each other.

MM would be moderately self reliant, but instead of taming a melee pet they get to tame a ranged pet.

Surv would be completely self reliant and use a "passive" pet that would aid the hunter with setting traps and distracting players/npc's.

Real Death- The hunter shoots himself in the head.

Flashbang
    Trap, shares CD w/ Snake Trap
    Stuns all enemies within 10yd for 3sec.

Feeding Time
    5min CD, 30sec duration, deep BM
    Calls forth the hunter's entire stable of pets to devour the target. All of the hunter's pets deal 60% reduced damage and regain happiness each time they strike the target.
    (All of the pets summoned from the stables follow the lead of the pet that the hunter already had control of.)
    (I can just see this being abused in PVP by hunters who think having a stable full of devilsaurs is a good idea XD)

Improved Deterrence
    early-ish SV, 2pt talent
    While Deterrence is active, all enemies who perform melee attacks against you have a 25%/50% chance to be disarmed for 4sec per attack.
    (Makes Deterrence a strong deterrent for melee to want to get in your face vs the BubbleJr that it is right now)

Aspect of the Bear
    Increases you and your pet's armor, defense and stamina by 10%.
    (I'm a BIG fan of hunter tanking. This would be more useful for that purpose than the other aspects we have atm)

Aspect of the Wild (redux)
    You and your pet gain hp5 equal to 50% of your spirit.
    (Nature resist = not helpful -_-;; HP regen at least useful while soloing/tanking ^^)

Quit asking for some form of stealth, you aren't going to get it. You've been continually denied it since..when, the release of the game? If you want stealth so bad, play a Rogue..it's just that simple.

You especially wouldn't get any form of stealth that buffed you in any way other than making you harder to see, because then they'd have to give an untalented effect like that to Rogue stealth, and you and I both know how much crying that would get.

The fact of the matter is, you don't need it. Your class is more than fine, and has been given enough the past few years. Deadzone? removed. Insane amount of ways to escape melee? Got 'em. Pets (with talents of their own) that can snare, stun, slow? plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    Since we're moving to a focus system, we'll probably have two categories of attacks, similar to combo points and openers/finishers. They already told us that Steady shot will increase our focus regeneration.

Hopefully we will get an opener and/or finisher that is a 4+ second stun like rogues/druids/paladins.
    No..no you won't. The Rogue class is designed around stuns being both offensive and defensive..removing or changing them would require the entire class and its mechanics be redesigned completely (ie: Rogue survivability actually buffed). Druids are similar in that regard, but not nearly as much as Rogues, and the Paladin stun is just a utility that they could be fine without.

You don't need stuns. You have Deterrence, Disengage, pet snares/stuns/slows, freezing/frost/snake traps, Wyvern Sting, Wing Clip, and if you're ballsy enough, Aspect of the Cheetah..plenty of ways to get out of melee range..more ways than most melee have to get back to you if you're not awful and you play your cards correctly.

Your class is sitting very well in PvE, and is borderline OP in PvP in higher-level equipment. You don't need much of anything, except maybe some cooldown changes and ability duration tweaks. Possibly some pet changes, but like I said, not much. Obviously ammo changes, but that's a different story.

But I digress. Stealth is completely unnecessary for the Hunter class. If you want it, you're either dumb, enjoy facerolling, or are 12 and want the first class you rolled to have every ability in the game.

Hunters are all about keeping distance, which is fairly easy enough as it is. If you're having an absurdly hard time, you're either terrible or you're just continually facing people who can play better than you.

So quit asking for absurdly overpowered abilities that you don't need, it makes you all look like mouth-breathing children.

Being a butthurt hunter from wotlk beta I will have to say Stealth

Shattering Shot
    50 Focus 40yd range 5min cooldown
    Requires Ranged Weapon

You fire a shot so powerful it penetrates even the toughest of all magical and Elementium surfaces, this ability removes all invunerabilities and the force of the shot also knocks the target back 15yds. After firing Shattering Shot you must leave your weapon cooldown making you unable to fire your ranged weapon for 4 seconds. Shattered Shot deals damage equal to half of your pets health. Cannot exceed 10000 damage.

Beastmaster specc redone-redisigned. A beastmaster should be dualwielding and fighting melee close to his pet. Improve/buff aspect of the beast so its worth meleeing as a beastmaster. Whenever i think of a beastmaster i think of Rexxar (a beastmaster), he doesnt even have a bow,gun or crossbow......

Quote Originally Posted by olyckan
    Beastmaster specc redone-redisigned. A beastmaster should be dualwielding and fighting melee close to his pet. Improve/buff aspect of the beast so its worth meleeing as a beastmaster. Whenever i think of a beastmaster i think of Rexxar (a beastmaster), he doesnt even have a bow,gun or crossbow......
    ^^^^^^^^^
    this, so so this

Hunter in the shadows

The hunter leaps from shadow to shadow, rapidly hiding and reappering to unleash terror and confusion upon his enemies. HitS puts the hunter in stealth for 1 second every 3 seconds, lasts for 9 seconds but makes him deal 30% reduced damage. 3min CD.