Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Post ideas for new hunter abilities in Cataclysm!

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Yeah some are REALLY REAAAAALLY bad :P

I'll try to come up with some more FUN skills, rather than leetsaucehaxOMGWTFPEWPEWPLAZRORS skills which basically make the class unbalanced by just adding them.

Arcane Flurry
    5% of base mana
    Instant 20 sec cooldown

Infuses your next Arcane Shot fired within 5 sec to detonate at the target and set the ground below it ablaze. The Arcane Detonation will deal [RAP * 0.15 + 492] damage to the target and deal [RAP * 0.15 + 984] damage to all enemies in an 8 yard radius around the target over 6 seconds.

-BM Talent: Your pet will regenerate focus 25% faster when standing inside an Arcane Flurry zone.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Trigger Happy
    16% of base mana 5-35 yards
    Channeled 1,5 min cooldown

Causes you to fire frantically at the target, reducing ranged attack speed by 75% but reducing damage dealt by 50% up to a maximum of 8 seconds. Arrows and/or bolts are not consumed during Trigger Happy. Each damaging hit increases the damage of your next hit by 2%, and also reduces the cooldown on your next Trigger Happy cooldown by 2 seconds.

-A fun dps cooldown, who doesn't like machine-gun-like action ? Makes haste a little more worthwile (more shots fires, is more damage increased, and also more cooldown reduced!)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    So basically remove melee weapons from hunters or something? What are you gonna do? Stab him with a bullet???
    Mini-bubble every 20-30~ seconds. Oh yeah?
    1% chance of reducing 45% of it's total hit points....
    .........I....but..waa? ... REALLY? -no words can express the amount of facepalms here-
    -Instakill every minute. Right?
    So you can basically hit anything in line of sight, but just kill them 10% faster.
    This is the one I like, but can't you see that dealing 125% weapon damage (same as chimera shot, without serpent sting) already is HUGE!!
    And to add to that, you want ONE ability to increases ALL damage dealt by both YOU AND YOUR PET to be increased by a whopping permanent 30%!?!?!?

Maybe if it was 60% damage stacking up to five times, and increasing white damage by 1% per stack... but this is just WAAAY over the top for any class really.

I lol'd. You want an RNG placement inside a cooldown ability? xD? waat? The mathematical chance of this happenening once is 1 time in 30 minutes. (Worthless)

This is one of the very, very few i found applyable to WoW:

Sorry if you take any personal rage against me. But I just can't stand people who go like:

+5125432 damage talent every 985 minutes (WHAT? The cooldown balanced it RITE??)
    +*()2981723% damage and firing lazers from my eyes
    -ibecomeaferaldruidWOOOT
    -immaroguenow
    -iwannadualwieldretributionpaladinswhodualwieldwarlockswithlazerimps

/flame off

Hey Baabinator,

I agree with alot of your thoughts/input but you missed a few things in your reading.

as I stated in my posted:

"Just some ideas, some are tweaks off other ideas, some are original. I tried to make BM talents that aren't completely pet based as BW, Kindred, Intimidation, etc, hopefully give BMers some use even if the pet dies.

Also tried to make abilities that would be tempting to pvp and pve. I'm not a numbers guy nor do I think that my ideas will make it, but I tried not to make them too OP, and of course they'd need to be balanced out. I figured these would be talents added to the bottom of the trees in cata. "

On a spell-idea specific base,

Sharp Shot - Wouldn't really equate to an instant kill, nor would a hunter usually be able to actually get the shot off, especially on a pvp target (which is really where an instant kill matters anyway). 250% weapon damage is essentially 2.5 shots.... if a hunter can kill anyone in 2.5 shots right now, they are severely undergeared or low level. It is a fun ability in pvp if you can manage to hit some one, and a good pulling tool w/ MD, plus provides the sharpshooter buff in pve specifically, encouraging hunters to be pulling w MD every time. That being said the damage shouldn't be high enough that it justifies a 6 second cast mid fight in any pve situation, and as far as pvp goes, like I said, i dont see many 6 seconds casts landing, even if it does its not going to kill someone and the hunter just missed 6 seconds of damage, which would equate to more than 250% of his weapon damage anyway.

where's the issue?

Higher Ground - This talent would obviously need appropriate balancing as there isn't anything like it at the moment. The idea is that the hunter can increase his attack range from a higher position. PvP obviously this will be a fun ability in BGs, world etc. It would be something to consider but I dont think game breaking in Arenas. The damage increase is to encourage this talent in raids, finding a spot in the environment that is beneficial to dps from. - Again, it would need balancing, but its an idea.

Pheromone Shot- Admittedly the 10% stacking three times is too much - read the post below my orginal, I addressed it and said it was a typo. As far as it being to much at 125%, I disagree, BM needs a signature shot that allows it the function in the event that its pet is dead. As of right now, dead bm pet leaves the hunter fairly screwed.

I agree with you, I hate inflated unrealistic expectations. I don't want to be overpowered, I want fun abilities that are balanced, but you actually like clicking the button - I tried to think of abilities that would be fun in pvp or pve, I'm not a numbers guy, so if you have any idea what you think would be fair numbers on these abilities I'd love to hear them!

Hey guys, some of these have been touched on, some are fresh. I haven't read the whole thread, but I think these would be good ideas that are not OP or anything, more situational.

/start walloftext

Vengeful Sorrow - BM Talent addon to Focused Fire effects
    Passive

When a Hunter's pet is killed, the Hunter is filled with Vengeful Sorrow, granting 10% increase to damage and haste for 10 seconds. Once the effect wears off, the Hunter gains Grieving (debuff/undispellable), unable to be affected by Vengeful Sorrow for 30 seconds.

***This will make sense since the pet is supposed to be the Hunter's best friend/loyal companion/kindred spirit... Wouldn't you be mad too if your pet died? (Not to mention this would help plug the gap in DPS loss when a pet goes down, but not so much that it's crazy OP.)

---

Point Blank - 3 Point Talent - Upper/Mid SV Tree
    Passive

Grants the Hunter the ability to use ranged attacks in melee range. Each attack does 15/30/45% of standard damage while in melee range and critical strike chance is reduced by 50%. This does not alter the effects of Stings or Black Arrow.

***This will allow a Hunter who has been snared to still be somewhat effective in melee. the damage is reduced by a talented 55%, maybe a Glyph to increase the net damage to 60% of normal, plus the crit debuff would take a Hunter with 50% crit down to 25% when using Shots in melee range. Fair trade-off.

---

Improved Disengage - 1 Point Talent - Mid/Lower SV Tree --- Redesign
    Passive

When a Hunter uses Disengage, a shock wave is created in a 5 yard radius, disorienting any enemy within range for 2 seconds.

***This just makes sense to me. If something is being propelled at a rapid pace such as a Hunter using Disengage, there should be a shockwave of sorts from this force that is launching the Hunter. The disorient will work like Blind, where any damage, even DoTs, will break it. The 2 seconds is for the hunter to get his bearings and be able to utilize the newly acquired range more effectively. It could be changed to a 2-Point talent with the stun time going 1/2 seconds based on spec.

---

Sniper Shot - 1 Point Talent - Lower MM Tree
    25% of base Mana / 60 Focus
    4 second cast
    60 second cooldown

The Hunter takes careful aim, striking for 200% of weapon damage plus [RAP * .18]. This shot inflicts the target with Bleeding Wound, dealing 10% of initial damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. Due to the precision required for this shot, critical strike chance increased by 10%.

*** Suggested Major Glyph of Sniper Shot - Reduces the cooldown of Sniper Shot by 10 seconds.

***I believe the Hunter needs another cast-time attack, much like how Aimed Shot used to be. It should be a highly impactful move that can be interrupted via shield bash or kick. A 4 second base cast time that can be improved by haste rating and talents (Improved AotH). A 1-Minute cooldown (50 seconds glyphed) seems like a fair time on the attack and could work in nicely to a rotation where you don't feel like using Steady Shot twice in a row. Plus, the bleed effect would add an additional temp DoT that could possibly stack with the other MM bleed effect (Hunters with 4 possible DoTs at once! OP!) lol

P.S. Yes, 4 DoTs. SSting, Piercing Shots, Sniper Shot bleed, fire trap of choice.

---

Scatter Shot --- Resedign

Same as the existing shot as far as mana/focus cost, range, damage, but instead should be a knockback of 10-15 yards instead of a disorient. This would then cause the Hunter to make the enemy "scatter" from melee-ish range. No additional disorient or slowing of any kind, just a knockback.

Anyways, I like these ideas. If you don't, oh well.

Let's keep the creative juices flowing!

Falcon Punch
    60 Focus Melee Range
    1 sec cast 1 min cooldown
    Requires Aspect of the Falcon
    Infuses your fist with the power of the Falcon, then releasing
    it in the form of a punch, sends the target enemy flying 30 yards away
    and dealing fire damage. Also increases your movement speed by 50%
    for 10 seconds after use.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stormox
    Falcon Punch
    60 Focus Melee Range
    lol

here's the original http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

Also I'm 100% sure it's a Blizzard employee who always starts these type of threads because of the free input of ideas.
    80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 85

Piercing shots

Causes your Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, and Auto shot to cause bleed damage equal to 30% of the initial amount over 8 seconds.

Sick of having our main damage dealing ability not benefit from this awesome sauce talent.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Endorphine trap:
    instant cast
    nature(snake) trap CD

Once the trap is activated, the trap releases a large dose of endorphine in the enemy's body, causing it to slow all actions by 50% for 5 seconds, during that time, the target cannot receive damage and gets reduced healing, but once the 5 seconds are up, all the damage accumulated is released at once.

im bad at explaining...

basicly, the enemy attacks, casts and moves 50% slower for 5 secs all heals on that target are reduced by 80%, he gains an undisspelable debuff called "absorbing damage", any damage done during those 5 seconds is absorbed by the debuff(makes him invincible for 5 secs). BUT at the end of those 5 seconds, all damage received during those 5 seconds is released at once, hurting him a lot.

80% less healing might be OP, but it would have to be balanced out.

it could help kill people with too much healing on them

Quote Originally Posted by spiritbx
    Endorphine trap:
    instant cast
    nature(snake) trap CD

Once the trap is activated, the trap releases a large dose of endorphine in the enemy's body, causing it to slow all actions by 50% for 5 seconds, during that time, the target cannot receive damage and gets reduced healing, but once the 5 seconds are up, all the damage accumulated is released at once.

im bad at explaining...

basicly, the enemy attacks, casts and moves 50% slower for 5 secs all heals on that target are reduced by 80%, he gains an undisspelable debuff called "absorbing damage", any damage done during those 5 seconds is absorbed by the debuff(makes him invincible for 5 secs). BUT at the end of those 5 seconds, all damage received during those 5 seconds is released at once, hurting him a lot.

80% less healing might be OP, but it would have to be balanced out.

it could help kill people with too much healing on them
    well, if your enemy is immune... why would he need to be healed? the -80% heals wouldnt really do anything....

Quote Originally Posted by olyckan
    Beastmaster specc redone-redisigned. A beastmaster should be dualwielding and fighting melee close to his pet. Improve/buff aspect of the beast so its worth meleeing as a beastmaster. Whenever i think of a beastmaster i think of Rexxar (a beastmaster), he doesnt even have a bow,gun or crossbow......
    so bm spec will become enhancement shaman with real wolves instead of ghost wolves?

Falcon Punch
    60 Focus Melee Range
    LOOOOOL FALCON POWNCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!

make BM a melee tree.

Quote Originally Posted by italyguy

Sonic Blast: Fire a supersonic projectile at the enemy knocking them back 15 yd, dazing them for 3 seconds.
    30 sec cooldown.
    wow that would be amazing! I think MM should be able to duel wield guns

and we should get stealth too ofc

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Furio 1
    wow that would be amazing! I think MM should be able to duel wield guns

and we should get stealth too ofc
    i like the dual wield idea, but i don't think stealth would work. Its kind of a staple of rogues and they would qq soooooooo much.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Imp Deterrence: Deterrence no longer requires a melee weapon to use, lasts 2/5 seconds longer, and increases movement speed by 10/15% while active.

I want to see traps like those in Guild Wars that Dazed, Crippled, Blinded, Burned, and Bled all at the same time. Hell if you're gonna make a trap might as well make it hurt.

Nail Trap: When triggered nails going flying in every direction causing those affected to be dazed and bleed for X damage.

Claymore: Lays down a Claymore that cannot be detected. When triggered, explodes for X damage and disorients those affected for 3 sec.

Mouse Traps: Litters the ground around you with Mouse Traps. These little devices are too small to be detected by even the keenest of eyes. When triggered they will set off any other traps within a 5 yard radius and will root the target for 3 secs.

EDIT:

Imp Flare: Increases radius of Flare to 60/70 yards. Any stealthed targets caught in it are disoriented for 3 seconds due to the sheer brightness of it.
    /trinket
    /cast Deterrence
    /cast Master's Call

Now it's a Pally Bubble...

Kitten Cannon (Rank 1)
    Remember when fluffy came home with a family last winter? Well, now you've finally got a home to "send" them to! Your enemies will love them unconditionally, in fact, they'll be so happy to have a new kitten that they'll fall on the floor in glee, unable to get up for ages! Deals over 9000 love, friendship, and cute points, immobilizes your enemy, and gets rid of your unwanted kittens.
    3 second cooldown

Hello!

I really liked the idea, kind of "Revenge", if your pet killed by Enemy players. ( yes for PvP use only )

The Fallen's Revenge
    Becomes active if your pet being killed by the Enemy
    Instant cast
    10 minits cooldown

You gain Revenge of the Fallen, incresing movement speed by 30%, your next 3 shots have 90/60/30%
    chance to stun yor target for 3 second, and you becomes immune any kind of movement imparing effect, cannot
    be stopped unless killed, lasts for 12 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Or just change the current explosive trap to that :P
    Could be a Glyph

Freezing Arrow (modifed)
    cast: activable/deactivable
    when you activate freezing arrow all autoshot cost 3%mana and shot ability cost 30%more mana and your auto shot and shot ability will be casted with frost magic effects that daze enemy for 50% speed for 1 sec for every shot.
    (idea taken from dota drow ranger)

maybe mod Freezing Arrow so that it is an actual freezing shot instead of tossing a trap?
    travel speed same as KillShot, nothing else needs to change for this adjustment ^^