Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Semi-Racist.... races?

Quote Originally Posted by Shirvala
    Well, I can see your point sort of. But where are the hispanics (my husband is hispanic) and the asians then in that case?

because there isn't a south/central america in azeroth for there to be hispanics. something some of you people need to get through your thick heads is we are playing in azeroth, not on earth. if this was called world of earthcraft then you could complain all you want as to why your skin tone isn't represented in the game.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    My friend, who happens to be Black, was curious about WoW, he seen me playing it, and thinks it looks pretty interesting.

A few days ago, while he was over, he asked if he could make a Alt, which I let him do on my account. While he was making a Alt, he jokingly said something I never noticed before. For races like Gnomes, Dwarves, and Blood Elves, there is no option to make a Black one.

While it didn't deter him from making a alt and played it for a few hours, and is actually thinking about making his own Account. It does bring up the question of why is there no Black Gnomes, Dwarves, or Blood Elves.

EDIT: I had to bolden a specific word, because you guys take this too seriously.
    I thought you could make black dwarves, maybe not completely black ones but like orange+brown ones atleast, and I never ever heard about black gnomes or blood elves, and why you only said those races, if you really think its semi-racist you should also ask why there are no "black" night elves, trolls and soon to be goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpp
    Agreed.

THERE ARE ONLY TWO COLORS OF CHECKERS IN THE GAME OF CHECKERS! RACIST!!!
    in chess white always moves first! conspiracy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mith
    Just because different skin colors exists in real world it doesn't mean it have to in a game.
    It's entirely up to game developers.
    If blizzard doesn't give you the option to be a black gnome, then that's it.
    It's not racism, it's a fantasy world.

Technically you can sort of be a black Blood Elf.

Just have to be a Death Knight using the darkest undead skin tone. It's not black, but it's pretty dark.

The answer is simple, it's basic science. The darkest pigmentation amongst humans comes from peoples living in tropics.

Gnomes and dwarves come from Khaz Modan, a frosty mountain region, which is far from tropical. Further, both races spend a great deal of time underground. If anything it'd be really odd for them to look Central African or South Asian.

I don't think there have ever really been black elves in any game. Just has to do with the race (even outside of wow) Closest thing would be a dark elf or night elf...both still fairly light skinned.

There are black humans, which I'm fairly sure is the only race on Earth that has black skin tones. Also many realistic colors of cows.

But yeah, every RL elf I've seen has been white. Same with every RL gnome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geary
    The answer is simple, it's basic science. The darkest pigmentation amongst humans comes from peoples living in tropics.

Gnomes and dwarves come from Khaz Modan, a frosty mountain region, which is far from tropical. Further, both races spend a great deal of time underground. If anything it'd be really odd for them to look Central African or South Asian.
    Also a good point.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Regarding elves, Night Elves are nocturnal, so their darker pigments are likely then a result of their diet (fish is high in Vitamin D.) Also, a darker skin tone serve as an advantageous adaptation when hunting at night.

AMG i cannot make my human make look chineese, damn racist blizzard !!
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Deleted

Locked by OPs request.