Marksman VS Survival in PvP

I just respecced Marksman and I dont understand how people can think it is better then survival. The damage from Chimaera shot is crap compared to how much explosive shot can output, on player I think I would crit them for like 4.5k. I miss Wyvern sting and explosive shot but I really dont know if im missing something about marksman. In pvp should I just chimaera whenever its up or should I wait for the sting to get to its last few ticks, I would imagine its situational like in an arena if they have something that can dispel just chimara right when its up but yeah, if im not doing it right just let me know how I can be better. Thanks.

Re: Marksman VS Survival in PvP

Go back to survival and stop moaning then

It's mostly based on preference, I prefer to be marks for pvp, but I'm not hardcore pvp. Also, always chimera when it's up.. The damage done on the serpent "judgment" is NOT based on how many ticks have passed. It's based on the TOTAL damage the sting would do. And yes, it's very situational. If you're fighting say a warrior or anyone melee, use the scorpid chimera.. It disarms them long enough for you to get away and get ranged to get a proper damage rotation. I mean, that's what I do and I do fine in pvp. But like I said.. it's preference.. If you want to go survival. do it. Nothing is stopping you. If you play better as one spec than the other.. It's nice to try out other specs to see if you can adapt but yeah.. I'm rambling so I'm going to stop. Also if you want to Viper Sting.. wait before it's about to run out so that you can get the most mana drainage from the sting.
    [url=http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Nasuke]
    Time to go vroom!

in my case i see PvP as one of 2 play styles

- Heavy CC, traps and kiting, and almost soloing other players <--- SURV

- staying in a pack with some plate wearers and popping off shots from afar <--- MM

the above is how I see it.... obviously its not this, moral of the story is... well i have forgotten now

surv is the more pvp spec?

ill end the post here =p

surv is definately better for pvp

I don't play hunter myself but it seems surv and marks are equal in relative terms.Surv hunter sustained dps in pvp is high,especially when they play in heroism team -.- On the other hand marks seems to have uber control,atleast considering how our druid in 3v3 (according to ventrilo -.-) is 24/7 in trap,scatter shot or silencing shot,makes me wonder if they have cd's at all.Or our druid got l2p issues idk.

Quote Originally Posted by wadeol1
    surv is definately better for pvp
    I'm not gonna mention the Powerhouse BM Hunter that EMG has.

MM hunters totally destroy any team without a poison cleanse (RMP). The amount of damage they can put out with chim is amazing if they dont get their stings dispelled. And they will have endless mana due to viper. Against teams with poison cleanse though they are pretty bad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn