Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadow's Edge and Shadowmourne

Very likely, they will work like Van'Anyr, dropping off all raid bosses that can be looted by anyone. If they don't, I will be relieved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Im under the assumption that they forgot shamans existed so they just need to find a few minutes to draw up a few lines but just keep putting it off since they are too busy pretending to nerf paladins.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by VaterCumsprite
    to quote a wise sith lord.

Get lost, pathetic wrench. No shall you ?

Now let me translate OP's question for you.

hai guise, i herd audi makes teh new carz next year who make fast wrooom wrooom u no where i can buyz teh carz ?
    lulz thanks u so much. the interwebz is srs bizness nevar forget!
    Are you that guy that stands outside my house on Wednesday nights, screaming at traffic with a rubber chicken in one hand and a pair of suspenders in the other?
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

My question is this: How do you even obtain the epic version? Would it be a quest item that you start via a rare drop, or exalted rep with Ashen verdict then you can pick up the quest, or what?

Going from history of crafted legendaries:

Hand of Rag: Get the rare drop from rag and craft it with various mats including the epic hammer.

Thunderfurry: Get both rare drop bindings and obtain mats + difficult quest (not that hard though T_T)

Atiesh(sp?): Collect splinters, the two main pieces from C'thune/KT

Val'anyr: Kill main hard mode bosses in Ulduar, collect fragments, kill yogg hard

From those, the best example would be hand of rag since you require an epic weapon to craft the legendary, but obviously in different circumstances. I just want to know how you obtain the epic version. If this information isn't yet available, what speculations has been made that seem reasonable?

Best regards,
    Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver

From those, the best example would be hand of rag since you require an epic weapon to craft the legendary, but obviously in different circumstances. I just want to know how you obtain the epic version. If this information isn't yet available, what speculations has been made that seem reasonable?

Best regards,
    Byron
    Well, I can't speak for everyone but I believe that this quest is for forging Shadow's Edge,The Sacred and the Corrupt, and that it will be made available for Warriors, Death Knights and Paladins from Darion Mograine as soon as they reach Exalted with the Ashen Verdict. But its all Speculative ofcourse.

Well my question two posts above was answered today via a blue post.

Shadowmourne Quest (The Sacred and the Corrupt)
    The quest requires friendly Ashen Verdict rep to begin. It may also only be acquired by Warriors, Paladins and Death Knights. (Source)

So more or less, everyone can pick up this quest (if applicable) at friendly rep. So if you have the primordial saronite, kill the two easy bosses (rotgut and someone else) and pick up the hammer in dragonblight, you've got your Shadow's Edge. Funny though, for most the hard part is going to be the saronite. If you purchase the saronite opening week from people, history shows AVG prices (on my server) range from 5-10k for instance craft-able orbs.

So.... either your guild provides them first to YOU over other patterns, OR, you spend, at minimum 125k to get the weapon made in the first 2 weeks. Obviously not many people can afford that, but the fact remains i wouldn't doubt seeing that weapon very soon.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

The 5th quest for Shadowfrost shards. Is one that I would like to find more info on. Will these items be obtainable by any individual or given to by their guild master or will they only be able to be looted by the person at the point in the quest line?

As for Shadow's Edge as a weapon. You do not receive the axe as a equip able item until after the shards quest. Each quest before it is so they have a basis to craft this weapon. You can then collect the souls of the 1000, turn in quest and complete.