Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best Paladin in the world is...

It still amazes me that people actually think he is serious and not just acting out a role... Truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    you have yours saying the other way? :P
    You must be unfamiliar with how debate works. Burden of proof, etc.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    So what u are saying is that GMs are over the entire rule of human error or a GM can simply not be wrong?
    What I'm saying is if someone as a representative of a company makes a statement, the company should be legally bound to upholding it.

If I call from my phone at work and promise someone they can get ____ item at ____ price from the tier one distributer I work for, my company is going to have to uphold that price. I'd get fired, but they'd uphold the verbal contract.

In the situation as it happened, Blizzard acted unprofessionally and banned him anyway. *shrug*
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

15+ Year Old Account

I believe best paladin in the world is gaar

*hopes someone here will get it*
    Rules of the internets:

1. There is no RL, only AFK.

2. Welcome to the internets, place where men are men, women are men, and childrend are undercovered FBI agents. Enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed
    What I'm saying is if someone as a representative of a company makes a statement, the company should be legally bound to upholding it.

If I call from my phone at work and promise someone they can get ____ item at ____ price from the tier one distributer I work for, my company is going to have to uphold that price. I'd get fired, but they'd uphold the verbal contract.

In the situation as it happened, Blizzard acted unprofessionally and banned him anyway. *shrug*
    We have legal rights vested in our WoW characters? News to me!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by koljach
    I believe best paladin in the world is gaar

*hopes someone here will get it*
    Greater Albuquerque Association of Realtors?
    or
    General anti-avoidance rule?
    wait wtf..
    John Gaar?

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed

Don't wanna get too involved here but just wanted to make a sidenote for everyone reading the post by this person.

He doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about and is lying on purpose or due to lack of understanding of how the real world works. Once again, his statement is false and should be ignored if you intent to live in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by zalz
    Don't wanna get too involved here but just wanted to make a sidenote for everyone reading the post by this person.

He doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about and is lying on purpose or due to lack of understanding of how the real world works. Once again, his statement is false and should be ignored if you intent to live in the real world.
    His statement isn't false at all. When an agent of a company makes a representation under the color of authority and in the scope of his duties, such a representation is most likely binding.

My argument, above, was simply that we have no legal interest in our Wow Characters. That's that.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    It still amazes me that people actually think he is serious and not just acting out a role... Truly amazing.
    It really is amazing, but hey atleast it shows what a good actor he really is since he fools so many stupid and ignorant people :P

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz
    Live...

XD In bg's live.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/athene
    this is gonna get trolls too hard this post was a worst idea then blizzard making death knights a melee class...
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    So what u are saying is that GMs are over the entire rule of human error or a GM can simply not be wrong?
    If a cop told you that something was legal, and then the FBI arrest you for doing that thing, is that fair for them to do? Or are they being total bungholes?

Mob tagging is not an obviously immoral issue, unlike something like gold selling. It wasn't Athene's friends' error, they thought that they were following the rules. I wish MMO companies would investigate player intentions before throwing down the banhammer.

But yeah, as Athene said, Blizz does own the right to destroy all our accounts if they so please. It may not be moral, but they can legally do it.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    His statement isn't false at all. When an agent of a company makes a representation under the color of authority and in the scope of his duties, such a representation is most likely binding.

My argument, above, was simply that we have no legal interest in our Wow Characters. That's that.
    So you don't really know what your talking about either? Just don't comment then.