Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Mages and Skill cap

I completey agree, frost mage does GOOD damge. However it trades some of the downright ridiculous damage of arcane for control and survival.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    I completey agree, frost mage does GOOD damge. However it trades some of the downright ridiculous damage of arcane for control and survival.
    from my exp frost is just downright better with the exception of caster v caster because of slow. They have nurfed barrage COMPLETELY into the ground taking what was once a viable, fun spec and spell to something completely useless and turned arcane into frost but -ice barrier and + slow. Either way all of your damage comes from chain casting unless your 1v1ing, only real difference i see is that arcane arcane has higher sustained dps with cooldowns up where as frost has a larger dps spike from shatter combos (which are harder to heal through) so even in that case frost is still better.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

About Arcane... I watched my friend having some fun testing Arcane outside Org.

I watched him duel some random 2k rated Rogue who basicly got him to around 2k hp, but then sometihng fun happened. Rogue use Cloak and my friend basicly dropped him from full HP to 0 in around 4 seconds. Was pretty amusing, though the Rogue wasnt very amused.

And no he couldnt Vanish cause of insta FFB DoT.

Then again my Mage friend has 2,7k SP so I guess his nukes should be pretty damn impressive

Arcane has some seirous Burst when needed, but its kinda squishy.

Great against other casters though, I also watched him play some arens with a priest and they basicly farmed this Mage-Mage team so easily lol. 2 frosties couldnt do anything against 1 arcane :P

2.7k isn't a lot. Especially as arcane (friend of mine is running around with something along the lines of 3300 as arcane I believe)
    anyway, arcane is a horrible duelspec, especially against rogues. It may offer superiour burst, but only if you're able to cast and a lot less control.
    arcane still does insane damage. watching a well geared arcane amge in battlegrouds just casting through you're gonna see the kind of burst damage not even destruction locks or eleshamans put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn
    About Arcane... I watched my friend having some fun testing Arcane outside Org.

I watched him duel some random 2k rated Rogue who basicly got him to around 2k hp, but then sometihng fun happened. Rogue use Cloak and my friend basicly dropped him from full HP to 0 in around 4 seconds. Was pretty amusing, though the Rogue wasnt very amused.

And no he couldnt Vanish cause of insta FFB DoT.

Then again my Mage friend has 2,7k SP so I guess his nukes should be pretty damn impressive

Arcane has some seirous Burst when needed, but its kinda squishy.

Great against other casters though, I also watched him play some arens with a priest and they basicly farmed this Mage-Mage team so easily lol. 2 frosties couldnt do anything against 1 arcane :P
    Full cooldowns vs full cooldowns, if a rogue loses to an arcane mage then he is just bad. There is nothing else to it. No stun, no shattered barrier, 1 iceblock, 1 icy veins and no frost barrier? If you can't beat that mage as a rogue then your terrible.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

^ this

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    2.7k isn't a lot. Especially as arcane (friend of mine is running around with something along the lines of 3300 as arcane I believe)
    anyway, arcane is a horrible duelspec, especially against rogues. It may offer superiour burst, but only if you're able to cast and a lot less control.
    arcane still does insane damage. watching a well geared arcane amge in battlegrouds just casting through you're gonna see the kind of burst damage not even destruction locks or eleshamans put out.
    Idk how much he had as Arcane, only remembered that number from when he (is) was Frost.
    And I'd say 2700sp as Frost is pretty damn decent :P

But yeah, the Rogue was most likely not that good or just got a bit unlycky with something, he won the next duel though.

I just thought it was amusing to watch the Rogue go down in seconds after cloak had been used.