3.3 PvP - Get the Alacrity Parts or Stay with Dominance?

I've been reading some about 3.3 etc, I even tried some on the PTRs, but my question is if its gonna be useful to swap Dominance verus Alacrity, or if its gonna be a loss to both dmg & burst.
    Short thread, I just wanna hear peoples opinions.

Thanks in advance, Lockbete.

Re: 3.3 PvP - Get the Alacrity Parts or Stay with Dominance?

It's almost certainly a nice buff to damage, especially since haste isn't as penalized by resilience as crit. It will also be a small loss of burst however. Haste just isn't nearly as bursty as crit. Personally I expect haste to be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    It's almost certainly a nice buff to damage, especially since haste isn't as penalized by resilience as crit. It will also be a small loss of burst however. Haste just isn't nearly as bursty as crit. Personally I expect haste to be the way to go.
    Ok, thanks for an nice opinion.
    I have my WG marks for the legs, and farming honor for the off pieces, what else is there to get?

Right now i would say Mooncloth and Alacrity are the way to go
    And in 3.3, its even more clear that's the way to go.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Right now i would say Mooncloth and Alacrity are the way to go
    And in 3.3, its even more clear that's the way to go.
    I'm sorry if I wasnt clear enough, my question was regarding shadow priests, not disc/healing overall.
    I am woundering if its worth getting all the haste pieces for shadow or if I should stay with the Dominance(Crit) parts, to not loose the burst from dot-crits.
    I guess you were speaking about healing/disc, when you mention Mooncloth & Alacrity.

i wouldnt waste honor on it, you'll just go oom faster. crit is also better the more you stack it. cause if you dont stack it enough, it'll just be meaningless on high resil targets

Quote Originally Posted by adezero
    i wouldnt waste honor on it, you'll just go oom faster. crit is also better the more you stack it. cause if you dont stack it enough, it'll just be meaningless on high resil targets
    As for honor, its not a problem for me atleast, sure its not too fun farming all the parts, but its still quite easy to get em' all, I have the personal rating aswell for everything.

Can anyone enlighten me how can you, shadow priests with like 16% crit play against people who have between -10% and -12% to be critically hit. If spend 7 talent points for extra crit on certain spells and for 100% crit bonus, your damage is still shit and you'll crit every 30 seconds for measly few points of damage more seeing there's double penalty on resilience.

The way it is, haste is even better now for shadow pvp than crit is. If you expect to have crit as the stat that'll help you in upper brackets (2.2k +) then you're terribly wrong.

Go with haste stats rather than crit ones, shadow priests don't crit often and it's not a stat to be relied upon in arena.

Haste is unequivocally better than crit next patch, but with regards to crit, it's always important to remember that not everyone is running around with resilience equivalent to a 12% decrease in chance to be crit. That assumption is often made, but it's really the "worst case scenario."

So, am I wrong when say, I am going with full haste gear in 3.3?

Thats what I think after reading all the comments made, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockbete
    So, am I wrong when say, I am going with full haste gear in 3.3?

Thats what I think after reading all the comments made, so far.
    Mooncloth and haste offset pieces, yeah.

why would you get mooncloth? spirit does nothing except a 10% into spellpower with pvp glyphs/spec. you shouldnt even be getting the mana regen while casting talent in pvp spec. If you do get that 3/3 of that talent you get like ~100 mp5, which isn't going to help you cast a few extra nukes where it matters. only things that you should be relying on mana for is dispersion (glyphed) and shadowfiend.

and even if you got every piece of haste gear (2 pieces)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42077
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42045
    you'd gain a whopping total of 100 haste, which isn't going to do anything

(not including scrub wintergrasp gear, or a trinket that would sacrifice spellpower http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42135, or you could get the haste offhand/wand, but you'd be an idiot not to get the spell penn versions)

edit:
    well, i guess there are some more:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49179
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49181
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49183

but you'd still only have like 270 haste, which isnt very much. the "sweet spot" for haste on shadowpriest.com is around 800.

seriously, there's no haste pvp set, just like there's no armor penn pvp set for melee. just cause we might scale better with haste doesn't mean the entire pvp set has changed.

there will be a MINOR buff to pvp from haste. the only thing helping pvp is the very nice VE self buff, and DP does a bit more initial damage.

If one has to choose between haste or crit pvp item, haste one is better damage-wise. Shadow priests don't crit alot, you also cannot rely on crits as SP hence gearing towards crit isn't as good as gearing towards hate since haste has no penalties in pvp.

So, in terms of raw dps, movement dps and so on - haste pieces are better. However, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll annihilate everything since sp in arena and in raid are vastly different.

why would you get mooncloth? spirit does nothing except a 10% into spellpower with pvp glyphs/spec.
    [...]
    the "sweet spot" for haste on shadowpriest.com is around 800.
    If you really read shadowpriest.com, you would know that as of next patch a spirit is almost as good as crit. Nietz's point is that if you're just going to have a couple of pieces of crit gear (Satin) you may aswell ignore crit completely and go for the SP conversion from spirit.

Also, I think the number you're pulling there is the point where (with 4pc T10) you can pretty much drop MB from your (PvE) rotation and just use MF instead. The fact is, that your DoT's will tick faster, and they dont suddenly start doing more damage when you're at "around 800" haste.

Quote Originally Posted by domzae
    If you really read shadowpriest.com, you would know that as of next patch a spirit is almost as good as crit.
    oh, you mean the buff to glyph of shadow, it's 3x as good now. OH WAIT, you dont get glyph of shadow for pvp, unless you're an idiot. and the other spirit buff is from spirit tap, which you shouldn't be wasting 5 talent points in for pvp.

why don't you go read up

also, haste has always scaled so it is very weak at low values (100 - 300) and picks up at medium values (500-600)

oh, and I forgot it's 20% spirit to spellpower, instead of 10%. still not worth getting spirit over crit

adezero, by the same logic then i can tell you that your "haste sweet spots" are also based off pve assumptions
    OH WAIT
    this is pvp.

Edit:
    also, haste has always scaled so it is very weak at low values (100 - 300) and picks up at medium values (500-600)
    I have no idea where you pulled this from, because especially in terms of pvp, you're better off having low values of haste than low values of crit due to the mechanics of resilience affecting critical strikes and not haste.

Quote Originally Posted by domzae
    Edit: I have no idea where you pulled this from, because especially in terms of pvp, you're better off having low values of haste than low values of crit due to the mechanics of resilience affecting critical strikes and not haste.
    In addition to Haste not playing the RNG game.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

So after reading these comments, registered and read some on shadowpriest.com, it seems like the way to go as a shadow priest in 3.3 is Mooncloth + Haste Offpieces, I'm gonna buy the Relentless Gladiator's Mooncloth Hood today.

Thanks for all the answers.