Thread: SW:D

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SW:D

I find it funny how priests can Shadow word death to get out of CC and can keep their trinket and if UD the racial... I think blizzard should put some effort into changing this kinda gives them three trinkets...........

LF FIX

Re: SW:D

But you take damage from it, and have to time it correctly..
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Wexx

Have you ever tried doing that OP, not as easy as it sounds in most cases.

Same application as a Paladin using Hand of Sacrifice to avoid CC.

You have to time it perfectly, and it doesn't work on all cc, only the ones that break from damage.

You take like 2k damage from it with absorbs is doesnt touch you.. i actually have tried it on ptr its not very hard just use it with like .2 on their cast... and what cc doesnt it work on other than fear

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeforums
    You take like 2k damage from it with absorbs is doesnt touch you.. i actually have tried it on ptr its not very hard just use it with like .2 on their cast... and what cc doesnt it work on other than fear
    Hex, stuns, cyclone

Quote Originally Posted by Mithsploit
    Same application as a Paladin using Hand of Sacrifice to avoid CC.
    No it's the same as a paladin using Judgment of Blood to get out of CC, but apparently that was overpowered or something so it was removed. Yes sacrifice can get you out of CC, but it's avoidable and good teams will dispel it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeforums
    I find it funny how priests can Shadow word death to get out of CC and can keep their trinket and if UD the racial... I think blizzard should put some effort into changing this kinda gives them three trinkets...........

LF FIX
    SW ;D

fixed

I gotta agree with the OP... retri paladins got their SoM/SoB removed, partially because of the abuse of the self-dmg

If retri paladins shouldnt have it, why should priest?

Put more pressure out and he won't have time or the GCD, fake casting works as well. This is old news

It's a mechanic which requires a fair bit of skill to execute consistently, and on top of that, the only 2 CC's which this can effectively counter is Polymorph and Seduce (both spammable). Fears *might*, and things like Blind & Repentance are instant and ALOT more difficult to break with SW.

The OP almost had me, but he couldn't possibly be serious.

Obvious troll is obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    Son, I am not disappoint. You have saved many child today. :')

10+ Year Old Account

Am I the only one who thought the title meant "Star Wars "

Ugh, I'm getting too excited for TOR

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    No it's the same as a paladin using Judgment of Blood to get out of CC, but apparently that was overpowered or something so it was removed.
    Judgement of Blood was just useless if you saw the patch notes about it long ago, that is why it got removed.

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

Mage casts Polymorph
    Priest cast Shadow Word: Death
    Polymorph lands
    Polymorph breaks
    Mage casts Polymorph
    Priest cries like a little girl

Quote Originally Posted by domzae
    It's a mechanic which requires a fair bit of skill to execute consistently, and on top of that, the only 2 CC's which this can effectively counter is Polymorph and Seduce (both spammable). Fears *might*, and things like Blind & Repentance are instant and ALOT more difficult to break with SW.
    That and you have to be able to cast SW. Half the time you notice that a mage is casting polymorph, you have just PW:S a teammate or yourself and then you have to wait for the gcd, which gives you an incredibly small window to actually pull of the SW.

OP: of course it's easy if you concentrate on it. it's something entirely different in the heat of battle though. i don't play a priest and i am in favor of them keeping it. it separates good priests from bad ones.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

god, it's one the few things in this game that require skill and you want to remove it?
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Well mages are the only ones who could possibly QQ about this, and to those guys I say: learn to fake cast

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Mage casts Polymorph
    Priest cast Shadow Word: Death
    Polymorph lands
    Polymorph breaks
    Mage casts Polymorph
    Priest cries like a little girl
    you must know nothing or dr do you?