What are the best selling gems?

Hey i need to blow some Jc tokens, and i want to know what recipes i should get first that sell quickly, and give lots of profit.

Re: What are the best selling gems?

Spell power
    Strength
    Armor penetration
    Spell power/haste
    Agility
    Spell power/spirit
    Stamina
    Stamina/defense

In no particular order.

You want to try to get at least one pattern for each color gem that will yield profit. Its easy to do this with Red, Purple and Orange. Green...well you might as well just vendor the gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Velzira
    You want to try to get at least one pattern for each color gem that will yield profit. Its easy to do this with Red, Purple and Orange. Green...well you might as well just vendor the gem.
    Maybe with the blue quality gems, the epic ones however the Stam/Def gem seems to sell pretty well for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

The Spell Power/Spell Pen (Mysterious Dreadstone) sell well, and not many JCers can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Spell power
    Strength
    Armor penetration
    Spell power/haste
    Agility
    Spell power/spirit
    Stamina
    Stamina/defense

In no particular order.

This.

All the reds aside from 20 dodge, 20 expertise, and 20 parry sell the best. Dodge and Parry rarely ever sell, and expertise sales are meh but better then those two.

The yellows sell very well and the raw king's amber is pretty cheap on my server.

edit: Oh yea, never EVER waste your tokens on green patterns aside from maybe 10def/15 stam. Nobody hardly ever buys them.

My experience is pretty much the opposite of everything written above.

My best profit margin for cut gems in the AH is Dodge, followed by Parry and Expertise. The rest of the red cuts are so saturated in the AH that once I factor in AH cut, I am not making much profit over the value of uncut gems.

I sell many cut green gems in the AH, and make tons of tips cutting them for people in /trade. My biggest tippers (50g per cut) are tipping me usually for unusual green gem cuts (spirit/crit, spirit/hit, that kind of thing). No one else is cutting them, and I can, so they pay me well in gratitude.

To my advantage is the fact that I have all 73 epic cuts, and many people on my server know it and seek me out because they know no matter what they want, I can cut it. Everyone can cut the common crap and I have found very little profit in those gems. Few people can cut the weird stuff, and I make lots of money there.

Except for Agil/mp5 and AP/mp5 - no one has EVER asked for those cuts. And if anyone ever did, I would probably refuse payment anyway. Taking their gold would feel like scamming a retarded kid or something... >.>

That must be alot of gold gone into investing in all epic gem patterns.

That must be alot of gold gone into investing in all epic gem patterns.
    Yeah, more than I want to think about. But I am also both a completionist, and I enjoy being able to be the only person on my server who can say I can cut them all.

If you want to make cash, definitely go with SP then Str Red cuts, then go with Hit and Haste yellow cuts. All of those sell for about 200g per gem on my server. Also, green aren't totally worthless. Our Druid MT usually gets at least 1 or 2 green for hit/stam to work around his meta gem (or something like that).

whatever is the highest sought after on your server......kk. Hope it helped

Spell power
    Strength
    Armor penetration
    Spell power/haste
    Agility
    Spell power/spirit
    Stamina
    Stamina/defense

In no particular order.
    Add intellect to the list, it sells nicely on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus
    Except for Agil/mp5 and AP/mp5 - no one has EVER asked for those cuts. And if anyone ever did, I would probably refuse payment anyway. Taking their gold would feel like scamming a retarded kid or something... >.>
    Ok, I lied.

Someone tonight was looking for a JC with the Tenuous Dreadstone pattern. I told him I could cut it, but why would he ever want it. He insisted though, so I cut him 2 and he tipped me 60g.

I still feel guilty...

Quote Originally Posted by mackmustard
    edit: Oh yea, never EVER waste your tokens on green patterns aside from maybe 10def/15 stam. Nobody hardly ever buys them.
    I have a few green patters (haste/mp5, int/mp5, stam/def, stam/resil) and they have actually made me a ton of gold (mostly the first 2 I mentioned, the other 2 never sell or are flooded on the AH) because a lot of people don't pick them up. I also have 3 xmute masters, so green epic gems are the cheapest for me to make and they yield the highest amount of profit.

Ok, I lied.

Someone tonight was looking for a JC with the Tenuous Dreadstone pattern. I told him I could cut it, but why would he ever want it. He insisted though, so I cut him 2 and he tipped me 60g.

I still feel guilty...
    Sometimes I feel as if there could only be 2 reasons behind someone wanting such an awful and useless gem cut...
    -They are either retarded (such as huntards/DKs using SP gear)
    -They are smart and want to make you waste your JC tokens so that they have less competition on the market.

Most of the time I'm willing to go with the first option though.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Sometimes I feel as if there could only be 2 reasons behind someone wanting such an awful and useless gem cut...
    -They are either retarded (such as huntards/DKs using SP gear)
    -They are smart and want to make you waste your JC tokens so that they have less competition on the market.

Most of the time I'm willing to go with the first option though.
    Yeah, I am going to go with the first option too, since as I mentioned previously, I already have all the cuts, so I am out of things to waste tokens on anyway. :P

When I asked him why he would ever want that cut, he said it was better than agil/stam (he was a hunter)... >.>

When I asked him why he would ever want that cut, he said it was better than agil/stam (he was a hunter)... >.>
    lol @ mp5 gems on a hunter...
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    lol @ mp5 gems on a hunter...
    Yeah, like I said - I felt kinda guilty taking his money.

Though my guilt is somewhat salved by the comedic value of probably being one of the few people playing this game that can say they have been paid to cut that useless gem...

yeh it's better than agility/stam but nightmare tear is a much better way to make the blue prerequisite for meta

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy
    yeh it's better than agility/stam but nightmare tear is a much better way to make the blue prerequisite for meta
    Yep.

Guess he was happy though - he was /cheering me when I logged in a bit ago... o.O