Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cataclysm Shadow Priest's Nuke

Usually when before an expansion, where new spells and talents are expected, they come up with an array of spells as either spells available to bosses or spells that are weapon procs. So I have been keeping my eye out on some of the spells that the bosses in ICC are utilizing; Shadow Lance (used by one of the princes) seems to be the ticket. I wouldn't be surprised if they do go through with the whole "Nuke without a CD" that'd be where to look.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/72804/shadow-lance/

(On another note I have a sneaking suspicion that the Valn'yr proc will be a new 10minute cd disc spell. Ie: Everyones gets a bubble type thing when shit hits the fan. Thats just my suspicions though.)
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

If it's a kind of Shadowbolt... Not really creative.
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

In my opinion if they give us a nuke in cataclysm it will be a spell that amazingly enough destroys the way a shadow priest is played. turning us into every other dps caster class just with shadowform.

this nuke may help our damage.. but it will completly cut out alot of how the shadow priest is played now. it will turn us into friggin mages and locks..

so ya.. hope you all are looking forward to that.

Turn mindflay into a PvP spell, give spriests a nuke and you can add SW:P with the haste buff again, which would end tons of QQ and also satisfy Blizzard
    I participated in the legendary Chex thread

:>

Quote Originally Posted by Kootz
    In my opinion if they give us a nuke in cataclysm it will be a spell that amazingly enough destroys the way a shadow priest is played. turning us into every other dps caster class just with shadowform.

this nuke may help our damage.. but it will completly cut out alot of how the shadow priest is played now. it will turn us into friggin mages and locks..

so ya.. hope you all are looking forward to that.
    We're already like (affliction)locks, in case if you did not know that. The nuke won't change how we play by as nuch as you're implying it will. Our dots are our major source of damage, we're still going to be using MB on CD, it is that MF will be replaced with the nuke until we need to refresh SW:P. I do not see any major playstyle changes...

Mind Flay (Face Melting) is a Shadow Priests signature spell.
    if replacing it isn't a a major playstyle change i dunno what is.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by jrojason
    Here's my idea for shadow priest calaclysm:
    http://www.war-tools.com/t66461.html

Dont think they're gonna make us juggle 3 dots, MB, SW, this 'nuke' and also random procs into our rotation

remember they're dumbing down the game not making it harder

If it is a new spell or not , Shadow Priests MUST have something. We are getting out dps-ed in every raid and PVP we are just a target dummy, and for once skill really doesnt come into play.

Please dont think this is a QQ this is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    Dont think they're gonna make us juggle 3 dots, MB, SW, this 'nuke' and also random procs into our rotation

remember they're dumbing down the game not making it harder
    actually 'rotations' have neen made more involving for a many classes in wotlk (no more one button hunters for example)

does anyone remember the effect of using Timbal's Focusing Crystal where the proc used to travel along your Flay ?

it might be cool if we got a nuke with a CD but off the GCD that didn't interupt the Mind Flay channel when when cast as a result.

i dunno not big on thinking up spell ideas but i'm really not comfortable with the idea of losing Flay.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Lunacy's an interesting touch, but not really sure I like it. On the fence, but it's good for some talents to be like that.

Spirit Tap needs to be bigger, don't forget its primary use is levelling, and giving out 10% of your maximum mana is really, really cheap. Don't forget, it's still an effect limited over time, so 25% maybe?

Dispersion moving up is a peice I can applaud. The new Focused Mind is pretty cool. I like it. Twisted Faith's buff of 15% is shruggable, but alright whatever.

I do not like Mind Rot, for the sake of it being 2.5 seconds that you spend casting nothing, in order to buff a mind blast coming. If it was instant cast, sure. Off the Global cooldown sounds really really nice, but then it also sounds like a bit much to buff a spell by 150%.
    Thanks for the input. And the more I thought about it, the more you seemed right about Mind Rot, so I updated it on that page. Now Instant cast, 30 second cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    actually 'rotations' have neen made more involving for a many classes in wotlk (no more one button hunters for example)

does anyone remember the effect of using Timbal's Focusing Crystal where the proc used to travel along your Flay ?

it might be cool if we got a nuke with a CD but off the GCD that didn't interupt the Mind Flay channel when when cast as a result.

i dunno not big on thinking up spell ideas but i'm really not comfortable with the idea of losing Flay.
    I like the idea of being able to cast an instant spell while channeling MF. This way, yes, it is spammable, and yes, it doesn't take anything away from our signature MF.

Best idea ever. Send this to a blue

15+ Year Old Account

As much as I love the Mind Rot spell it would make us a tad bit too OP. In a raid enviroment that would mean we would have a spell that had the potential to crit for 30k+ every 30 seconds. And for all the people who are saying that giving us a nuke will make us into a lock or mage need to really think before you speak. We are indeed a caster dps class. We should be able to compete with the other caster dps on meters without having to rely on niche fights that let us open up AOE for massively high numbers. Giving us tools to compete with the numbers the other casters put out simply mean that we won't be on the bottom of meters anymore. Also you should realize that Blizzard has already stated that they are doing an overhaul of EVERY talent tree for EVERY class come Cataclysm. They want to move away from "omg must have talents like everyone else" into talents that allow us to tweak our own playstyle. Granted there will still be an "acceptable spec" for every class spec but its still going to allow us some freedom in what we pick up...which is great for us concidering an already bloated talent tree that we have.

Alright I love the idea about something that is castable while MF is channeling. I think it'd be great to cast MF and just start spamming something. It wouldn't really effect our current rotation (we'd be hitting even more buttons tho).

Also I like the idea of a reverse lifebloom, 3 casts, all instant no CD, progressively more mana and less dmg each time but the final big tick of dmg would make it worth casting all 3 (spriests are notorious for clipping and interrupting their own casts to maximize dps). May to tweak this a little, make the 3 casts all instant etc but instead of a final tick of dmg make it buff the dots u cast on the target for 5 secs after or something. So it'd simply be an opener, which is what we really need (aside from a PvP escape, knockback or wtvr move).

Good ideas guys keep em comin.

Ive always thought a Swiftmend Type ability but reverse for shadow priest. like Shadowmend instantly consumes a dot and deals damage = to its full duration. Just my 2 cents but i think it would be a cool ability that you cant spam since you need a dot on the enemey

Quote Originally Posted by Airedin
    Ive always thought a Swiftmend Type ability but reverse for shadow priest. like Shadowmend instantly consumes a dot and deals damage = to its full duration. Just my 2 cents but i think it would be a cool ability that you cant spam since you need a dot on the enemey
    This is what I would like too, for some PvP burst. It would require a cooldown of some sort, though, or else you'd be able to go SW:P -> Swiftmend -> SW:P -> Swiftmend, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    This is what I would like too, for some PvP burst. It would require a cooldown of some sort, though, or else you'd be able to go SW:P -> Swiftmend -> SW:P -> Swiftmend, etc. etc.
    Forget SW:P in that case, use DP, you get three times the dmg!

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    True but i also think it should be able to glyph it like swift mend to where it wont consume it. and i think a 15 sec CD is fair

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azmerella
    Forget SW:P in that case, use DP, you get three times the dmg!
    LMAO DP has turned into my burst spell for pvp once they get under 6k and are a healer. Spam the hell out of that & see them just sweat hehehe.