Page 1 of 2
LastLast

fixing the Group Disenchanting Option

(Don't play WoW anymore so I can't post on the official forums.)

Right now there seems to be a number of problems with the group disenchanting option being introduced. the first can be seen from the patch notes which says: “Disenchant” works exactly like “Greed” except if a player wins the “Greed” roll, they will receive the disenchanted materials instead. Seems like in this case the “Greed” roll serves no purpose. There needs to be a priority system in place with “Greed” having priority over “Disenchant”. That or it might be a good idea for only “Need” and “Greed” to continue to remain as the two looting options with the player who wins the “Greed” roll given an option to have the item disenchanted.

Of course the other major problem is that it seems a lot of enchanters dislike having one of their abilities being used for the benefit of non-enchanters without being compensated. They see it as unfair to single them out when other players with gathering professions in dungeons keep whatever they loot. I am not sure if the group disenchanting option is always possible or only possible with an enchanter in the group. It seems that one solution would be to make all items that need a gathering profession to be obtained could be made gatherable by anyone in a group who clicks on the item (whether skin, node or herb) with the winner being decided by an automatic “Greed” roll which the players could vote to turn off. This way all the non-enchanter gatherers who believe shards require a group effort will be also be satisfied as the items they obtain from gathering inside a dungeon also require a group effort.

Re: fixing the Group Disenchanting Option

Why does greed need to be better than the DE, since if you wanted the item you would of hit need ...

What it does is aloow the person the choice of getting enchanting mats OR an item to sell IF noone actually wants (needs) it to use

Quote Originally Posted by shadaki
    Why does greed need to be better than the DE, since if you wanted the item you would of hit need ...

What it does is aloow the person the choice of getting enchanting mats OR an item to sell IF noone actually wants (needs) it to use
    I'm guessing his concern is for offspec type stuff. I can't imagine why else it'd matter.

The system they're implementing is fine, not broken at all. Greed and Disenchant are on equal, you'll have greed rollers and disenchant rollers going against each other. I'm not going to pass on a roll for an enchanter to hoard mats, so it's not like an enchanter is losing anything. What this will do, on the other hand, is create an abundance of enchanting mats, which drives down the cost of enchants and allows enchanters to make a bigger profit in a variety of ways.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by chila
    Dude, if you don't play anymore, stop complaining about the game or proposing strange game fixes... get real, get a life, enjoy it, but this is way to nerdy for my taste...

But to answer you: greeding an item even with disenchanting it makes still sense when regarding weapons which might have a bigger vendor value than the disenchanted version of it.

Secondly, I am an enchanter and I don't give a ... you know. It makes my life easier, no need to advertise that I am an enchanter and getting traded by people who forget that and rolling greed instead of passing, no hassle with rolling, sorting shards, unstacking them, trading everyone. I like it. I stopped advertising that I am an enchanter and disenchanted the stuff I won using greed, because it is just tedious.

I dont like this change either.

We use need = mainspec
    greed = offspec.

If blizzard is making greed an auto disenchant... woh boy, that's going to result in some accidental gear loss.

Guess more people will be running ML.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

We use need = mainspec
    greed = offspec.

If blizzard is making greed an auto disenchant... woh boy, that's going to result in some accidental gear loss.

Greed will not be an auto disenchant, it will be added as a new option. So you will have Need, Greed, DE or Pass

I hope they don't bring a confirmationbox with that ability, I think it's fair enough that you get a confirmation box when you need on an item, but when you greed, if it's greenies dropping in instances, you know what I'm getting at.

I'm quite sure it's not just me that passes intentionally because im a lazy slacker on that.
    That's why I love our EPGP mod in raids. ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    LFR is breeding a new generation of talentless, mindless one-shot-kill-or-go-home raiders.

Right now there seems to be a number of problems with the group disenchanting option being introduced. the first can be seen from the patch notes which says: “Disenchant” works exactly like “Greed” except if a player wins the “Greed” roll, they will receive the disenchanted materials instead. Seems like in this case the “Greed” roll serves no purpose. There needs to be a priority system in place with “Greed” having priority over “Disenchant”.
    If anything, DE should have priority over Greed. I need shards to enchant my mainspec gear, while people rolling greed probably want it for offspec/pvp/vendor.

as an enchanter for me it has nothing to do with hording shards or compensation. It has to do with the fact that I lvled enchanting solo and expensively i might add I choose my profession and you choose yours Blizz is now forcing me to provide a community service without my consent.

I always de for the group and pass out shards with the highest roll getting the crystal and that's going to change too. If 5 people are doing an emblem run and completely out-gear the instance 1 person stands to receive 4 shards and a crystal based off RNG.

I believe this change should 1) be only implemented for bop's 2)and have an off switch 3) some way of preventing 1 person to walk with everything.

I personally would never turn the option off as it seems convenient to me but the option would stop a good bit of the whining. And only for bop's because i think that is fair for cross server groups. They can do whatever they wish with boe's (take them to get de'd, drop em on ah, vendor....)

But again, ... The main issue here is consent to our skill being used. And any compensation would preferably come from blizzard for turning our skill into a required community service.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Then why on earth are you posting ?

And for the record, you misunderstood how it works, there is no problem at all.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex
    Then why on earth are you posting ?

And for the record, you misunderstood how it works, there is no problem at all.
    What he said . On topic: I cant think of a free DE option going live. I think it would a option which will only be available if there is a echanter in the game and probably if he is allowing the party to make use of this feature. I really cant imagine this beeing automated in so9mething like if one group member is enchanter and has correct skill new button appears and if everyone pressed that button that person skill is used to DE the item. I as enchanter would feel "Violated" IF this is how its going to work.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I like this change. It prevents people from running stuff like H TOC and needing all the epics and says "hey we will divide out the shards after the run". Then after the run the little bastard runs off. This is why Blizz is doing this. An easier option is to make a vendor in Dal or somewhere that will DE gear for you and gets rid of any previous problems we have had with ninja enchanters.

I usually add people to my friends list that are trust worthy and always try to get heroics going with them. And ignore the ninjas of my server.

Just like Glyph books. Why on earth does a inscriptionist need on that book. It's gold for anyone. (I kicked a guy from my group the other night on the Heroic Daily cause he needed on this.) He missed out on 2 achievements we did on boss fights and the daily. Grats to him. Plus he was a warlock that was farming shards while we were killing mobs instead of him doing good dps.

I believe they should implement a system that if an item drops that is BOE the game should not give us the option to need or greed. Just make the game do an automatic roll for you. Problem solved.
    "Don't drink and WoW, you'll shard your purples!"

You guys can say whatever you wanna say, if i'm obliged to DE items in pugs it is completely unfair to Enchanters.

The only way that this could possibly be fair is if it applied to all other gathering professions , so if there is a node and a miner gets it, it gets rolled for everyone , same thing for skinners and herbalists.

I only DE on guild raids , or when a friend asks me to.

Call me selffish whatever i don't care , but if you guys want to DE items then lvl enchanting yourselves.
    This is going to seriously screw the profession.

Quote Originally Posted by krysak
    You guys can say whatever you wanna say, if i'm obliged to DE items in pugs it is completely unfair to Enchanters.

The only way that this could possibly be fair is if it applied to all other gathering professions , so if there is a node and a miner gets it, it gets rolled for everyone , same thing for skinners and herbalists.

I only DE on guild raids , or when a friend asks me to.

Call me selffish whatever i don't care , but if you guys want to DE items then lvl enchanting yourselves.
    This is going to seriously screw the profession.
    You're an idiot. If you're the enchanter, then just roll greed and d/e it later away from the group, like you already do. Nothing is forcing you to roll to d/e.

If you need less things being disenchanted to make money in WoW, you've got larger problems anyways.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Deleted

I don't like it it either

It will most likely be auto DE, not depending on there being an enchanter in the group. In that case, it would not only decrease the value of having enchanting, by giving everyone a previously enchanter-only ability, it would aslo drive down the price on mats further, making scrolls very cheap and common (meaning the AH will be spammed full of them with minimal profit, as every enchanter will be making them as there won't be much risk and investment) just like glyphs.

However, if it's just an extra option and won't actually do anything, I'm all for it. For example, need for mainspecc, greed for OS and select DE, if you're willing to DE it for yourself or the group. It would then be just like now, but with less confusion. Then, if you don't want to DE it, just select greed like the rest and nothings changed.

15+ Year Old Account

I guess we can start needing on gear for offspec since everyone likes the idea of Greed being equal to the DE option

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bbr

We use need = mainspec
    greed = offspec.

Offspec gear is going to be needed now. Not that I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    How exactly is this unfair to enchanters?

Scenario in 3.2:

1. Green drops.
    2. Everyone rolls Greed.
    3a. Non-enchanter wins.
    3b. Enchanter wins.
    4a. Sends to friend/alt who can DE.
    4b. Gets his enchanting mats right away.

Scenario in 3.3

1. Green drops.
    2. Everyone rolls Disenchant.
    3a. Non-enchanter wins.
    3b. Enchanter wins.
    4a. Gets his enchanting mats right away.

And in the case of blues/epics most groups roll on the shards at the end anyway.

Whats the problem with this?
    Is that actually how it works? The wording makes it sound like only enchanters can roll DE and it is optional.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    How exactly is this unfair to enchanters?

Scenario in 3.2:

1. Green drops.
    2. Everyone rolls Greed.
    3a. Non-enchanter wins.
    3b. Enchanter wins.
    4a. Sends to friend/alt who can DE.

Scenario in 3.3

1. Green drops.
    2. Everyone rolls Disenchant.
    3a. Non-enchanter wins.
    3b. Enchanter wins.
    4a. Gets his enchanting mats right away.

And in the case of blues/epics most groups roll on the shards at the end anyway.

Whats the problem with this?

When the new Dungeon System is launched, the default user interface will give players the option to automatically disenchant items that they obtain in 5 player and raid dungeons. This option will avoid the hassle of having items picked up by an enchanter first to redistributed later and overall will make the process much smoother.

A good point brought up in another thread on this subject:

With cross server dungeon runs coming, keep in mind that you cant trade items between players on other servers...this will allow a way for DE'd items to be passed to the winners of the rolls if they are from another server.