Glyph of Arcane Missiles - need support

Likewise most of mages nowadays, i m arcane specced atm. With the talent [Spell Power], critical strike damage of mage spells are 200%. When we use Glyph of Arcane Missiles, that makes 225%. But i come up with different calculations when i check my log. I took of my trinkets and anything which has a spell damage proc, and unbuffed, my missiles hit like 1.300 and crit like 2.600, which makes me to think glyph is not working cas i should observe crits like estimately 2900. Is there any miscalculation or glyph does not work properly?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Glyph of Arcane Missiles - need support

it's your math that's wrong. with spellpower, your critical strike damage is 175%, not 200%. so with the glyph, your arcane missiles should be hitting for 187.5% critical strike damage, assuming you don't have an active chaotic skyflare meta.
    BfA Beta Time

AM (glyphed) spell power + CSD 195.375%

taken from EJ arcane thread.

15+ Year Old Account

gotta love that CSD, where 3% doesn't mean 3%.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    gotta love that CSD, where 3% doesn't mean 3%.
    Heroism is also "more than 30%" since its multiplicative and not additive.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Deleted

Mhm ... as i know, critical strike dmg bonus for Arcane and Fire mages are only 50% (with talents!), for Frost is 100% (again with talents).
    So if you hit , lets say, for 1000 as Arcane or Fire spec, your everage crit would hit for 1500. As Frost you will crit for 2000.
    That is in therory ;D
    So with Glyph of AM you will hit for 1000 and crit for 1750. Am i right? (50% +25% = 75%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu
    Mhm ... as i know, critical strike dmg bonus for Arcane and Fire mages are only 50% (with talents!), for Frost is 100% (again with talents).
    Excluding Ignite and CSD.

So with Glyph of AM you will hit for 1000 and crit for 1750. Am i right? (50% +25% = 75%)
    yes, again: CSD
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

15+ Year Old Account

So if you hit , lets say, for 1000 as Arcane or Fire spec, your everage crit would hit for 1500. As Frost you will crit for 2000.
    That is in therory ;D
    it's your math that's wrong. with spellpower, your critical strike damage is 175%, not 200%. so with the glyph, your arcane missiles should be hitting for 187.5% critical strike damage, assuming you don't have an active chaotic skyflare meta.
    did we need wrong math in the thread?
    BfA Beta Time

That is in therory ;D
    No.

Untalented spells crit for 150% damage. Talents add to the critical strike BONUS damage. Your bonus damage is that 50% extra. 100% is normal, 150% is critical damage, and the difference between the two is referred to as critical strike bonus damage. Ice shards increases the damage done by your critical strike bonus damage by 100%, 100% of 50% is 50%, which makes frost's overall critical strike damage 200% of normal.

Burnout and Spell Power are both 50% of critical strike BONUS damage. Remember, bonus damage is 50% more damage. 50% of 50% is 25% additional damage, which makes arcane and fire's critical strike bonus damage 175% (before ignite for fire). You then add in the glyph of AM, which is 25% of the UNTALENTED critical strike damage bonus, which is still 50%, not the new 75%. These do not stack mutlitplicitively but additively. This gives 25% of 50% is 12.5%, for a grand total of 187.5% critical bonus damage. ontop of that comes your chaotic skyflare meta, which DOES work multiplicitively and comes to ~195% critical bonus damage as i said above.

That is how it all works. If you dont' get it, no sweat, but it's correct whether you understand why or not.

Deleted

did we need wrong math in the thread?
    Did we need a narrow minded prick in the thread?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy
    Did we need a narrow minded prick in the thread?
    has to be one in every thread, i just save other people time.
    BfA Beta Time

has to be one in every thread, i just save other people time.
    I doubt anyone trust any numbers that gets posted on these boards