Enhance shammy DPS

Hello fellow shamans. I was wondering how high can you raise your dps on dummy, VoA 25 and ToC 25 beacause mine is very very different from each other.

On dummy im struggling around 3500 DPS, in VoA 25, specifically on Koralon i can easily do 7000. But in equaly buffed ToC 25 im around 4k on every boss.

Here's my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...fire&n=Sordosh

I think i should do more with my gear. Rotation is: LB always when ready, then SS, ES and LL
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Re: Enhance shammy DPS

erm get some epic gems+some more enchants that might help ^^

you are currently below the expertise cap.
    you need 72 more expertise.

Your gems are terrible. Stop putting AP/Stam Gems in blue sockets, get one Nightmare Tear to cover your Meta requirements. The rest of the blue sockets just put +40 AP gems in I would say.

Deleted

Get epic gems, and as you're not expertise capped get one Nightmare tear and rest expertise gems in blue sockets. All epic gems, plx. :P
    Enchant, god damnit! Berserking on weapons.

Edit: Also, take 3 of your talent points from Ancestral Knowledge into Improved Enhancing Totems, it's a good talent.

You have 65 AP on your Hellscream Slicers? seriously? wtf was going through your mind?

2x Berserking
    Expertise cap (26)

Would see about 800DPS increase on there own.

Change glyphs to Feral Spirit/Windfury/Stormstrike

There's another few hundred DPS.

Change ancestral knowledge to 2/5 and put 3 points into enhancing totems.

Assuming you don't have another enhance shaman in your 25's dropping imp SOA there's more DPS.

And you should really take it anyway even if you do.

Besides being under exp cap and having some weak gems, talent wise, i suggest swapping shamanistic focus and improved SS with enhancing totems 3/3. Then its a matter whether your focusing on a good rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337
    Hello fellow shamans. I was wondering how high can you raise your dps on dummy, VoA 25 and ToC 25 beacause mine is very very different from each other.

On dummy im struggling around 3500 DPS, in VoA 25, specifically on Koralon i can easily do 7000. But in equaly buffed ToC 25 im around 4k on every boss.

Here's my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...fire&n=Sordosh

I think i should do more with my gear. Rotation is: LB always when ready, then SS, ES and LL
    well on the dummy you wouldn't be close to raid buffed, so it will never be as high as if you were on a raid.

the disparity in dps on the other two are most likely due to movement. Depending on how your raid does koralon you probably rarely have to move (only when fire is underfoot)... so your dps uptime on him is significantly longer than on the majority of the ToC fights... basically, as enhancement, if you're moving very much you're not dpsin (not as well as you can at least); so the more you have to move in a fight the less your dps will be. On stupid Icehowl in ToC my dps takes a nose dive because of constantly having to run back to the jerk who keeps flinging me away.

Also the lengths of fights will affect your dps as well. Generally the longer the fight the harder it is to maintain your peak dps. Although i find that if the fight lasts just long enough for me to get two feral spirit sessions in there my dps will be slightly higher than if the fight had been just short enough that i couldn't squeeze in another CD.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by serif
    well on the dummy you wouldn't be close to raid buffed, so it will never be as high as if you were on a raid.

the disparity in dps on the other two are most likely due to movement. Depending on how your raid does koralon you probably rarely have to move (only when fire is underfoot)... so your dps uptime on him is significantly longer than on the majority of the ToC fights... basically, as enhancement, if you're moving very much you're not dpsin (not as well as you can at least); so the more you have to move in a fight the less your dps will be. On stupid Icehowl in ToC my dps takes a nose dive because of constantly having to run back to the jerk who keeps flinging me away.

Also the lengths of fights will affect your dps as well. Generally the longer the fight the harder it is to maintain your peak dps. Although i find that if the fight lasts just long enough for me to get two feral spirit sessions in there my dps will be slightly higher than if the fight had been just short enough that i couldn't squeeze in another CD.
    Sorry there aren't many fights less than 3 mins. Why would you not get at least two feral spirit uses? Once at start of fight and once 3 mins in. On a typical fight you can get 3 or 4 uses. With the glyph using FS every single time its up should be higher dps than saving them for bloodlust/heroism, does depend on fight mechanics but generally that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Sorry there aren't many fights less than 3 mins. Why would you not get at least two feral spirit uses? Once at start of fight and once 3 mins in. On a typical fight you can get 3 or 4 uses. With the glyph using FS every single time its up should be higher dps than saving them for bloodlust/heroism, does depend on fight mechanics but generally that's the case.
    in raid encounters yeah for sure i can get many in. in heroics nowadays i'd be hardpressed to find a boss that lasts long enough for 2 feral spirits... unless they just have crazy timed phases that i have to wait on or something.

Well who's talking heroics here!? :P Those are just called "freebies" now days.

Your dps issue comes from lacking epic gems, proper glyphs, and exp cap. Check the Enh shammy guide from Levva on the main Shaman page for everything you should be going for. It makes life a lot easier. Also, if you have any rotational issues or what not, just get ShockandAwe. Makes Enh life ezmoad.

On a side note, Levva, you da man, SandA makes HM 25 Jaraxxus cake if I'm on purge/interrupt duty. Adding the wind shear and purge boxes was a big upgrade

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezapadooke
    On a side note, Levva, you da man, SandA makes HM 25 Jaraxxus cake if I'm on purge/interrupt duty. Adding the wind shear and purge boxes was a big upgrade
    Yes it was largely due to that and Champions fight that I felt compelled to add the feature.

I am just curious to why do you have tailoring on your Shaman?