Poll: should protection spec be viable for PVP including arenas?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Prot PVP, fair?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Prot PVP, fair?

Yeah, it should be viable. However....

Should shockwave stun? No.

Shield Slam damage needs to be normalized or otherwise reduced.

Talent (or rather, the component of it) that gives revenge a 50% chance to stun should be removed.

Devastate damage needs to be reduced.

I think it's a little ridiculous to have a target so undesirable to attack that has high mobility and many methods of locking an individual down or at least keeping them from doing what they're trying to do, and on top of that, high, reliable damage abilities on short (or no) cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat

Talent (or rather, the component of it) that gives revenge a 50% chance to stun should be removed.

I think it's a little ridiculous to have a target so undesirable to attack that has high mobility and many methods of locking an individual down or at least keeping them from doing what they're trying to do, and on top of that, high, reliable damage abilities on short (or no) cooldowns.

Go QQ about Warlock burst, or something which matters, instead of asking for pointless pvp nerfs that would have a devastating impact on pve

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto
    Your answer is to make prot do less damage, yea their 1800 dps is op. 5-6k CRITS every 6 seconds are way too much to heal through - ohh wait we're lvl 80 now not 60.
    You sir just won this thread

EDITED: quote was bugged

Quote Originally Posted by Syonide
    That music was god awful.
    Agreed.

Good on him for reaching 2600 rating, He played by the rules and did it fairly.
    His only crime was the music :-\

Deleted

Yea let's do that, and then you might aswell dig another grave for the PvE part of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Quehn
    Go QQ about Warlock burst, or something which matters, instead of asking for pointless pvp nerfs that would have a devastating impact on pve
    Too bad PvE performance problems are infinitely easier to fix than PvP balance issues.

Prot warriors having trouble keeping hate after nerf? Increase threat coefficient for abilities that had their damage reduced.

Having trouble on certain boss fights/add control due to shockwave stun removal? Make it so the stun only works on NPCs.

Plus, last I checked this was a thread about prot warriors, not destro warlocks or any other flavor of warlock for that matter.

Do you struggle with reading comprehension or are you simply challenged in all aspects?

Deleted

Too bad PvE performance problems are infinitely easier to fix than PvP balance issues.

Prot warriors having trouble keeping hate after nerf? Increase threat coefficient for abilities that had their damage reduced.

Having trouble on certain boss fights/add control due to shockwave stun removal? Make it so the stun only works on NPCs.

Plus, last I checked this was a thread about prot warriors, not destro warlocks or any other flavor of warlock for that matter.

Do you struggle with reading comprehension or are you simply challenged in all aspects?

Yea, would be cool to tank with 1.6k DPS in comparison to the rest of the tanking class, that's pulling 2.5-3k DPS. Don't go pulling this "tanks aren't invited for DPS" bullcrap, it's true that it rarely matters but for those actually wanting what's best for the raid, tank DPS plays a smaller role.

Come up with some idea to actually fix it rather than spouting bullcrap.

Um...I fail to see how prot is considered OP.

I think prot is perfectly fine the way it is. Yes a prot warrior can completely destroy someone while taking minimal damage, but then again, a disc priest can live through 3 people focusing on them. A rogue can kill someone in a matter of seconds, a mage can completely control a fight....I mean...there are a lot of classes in arena that could be construed as "OP" if played well.

If anything the title of this post should be: "Good players are good [and the people that cry about them]"

meh, as an enhance shaman its just one more class thats bitch ass hard to kill if played right.

but if not played well i have fun showing them how much spell damage i can actually do :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Drooid
    Um...I fail to see how prot is considered OP.

I think prot is perfectly fine the way it is. Yes a prot warrior can completely destroy someone while taking minimal damage, but then again, a disc priest can live through 3 people focusing on them. A rogue can kill someone in a matter of seconds, a mage can completely control a fight....I mean...there are a lot of classes in arena that could be construed as "OP" if played well.
    err, 1st point just no, 2nd point, you have partners for a reason. but, that's not the point, if we take Blizzard's own posts a while ago that surfaced after nerfing ret in arena, something along the lines of: "if you see a healer, you should be worried about their healing ability. if you see a dps, you should be worried about their damaging ability (and not how much they can tank you). if you see a tank you should worry about how much damage they can take."

with Prot specs however, they are conveniently ignoring one part of that philosophy as while they (Prots) take less damage, they still have a lot of the damage and burst potential of DPS classes, and in the case of Warriors, insane mobility and control over a healer, which i'd say is unfair when comparing to Blizz's own take on the matter.