Poll: Is anyone else angry about the enchanting changes?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

Re: Irritated about the enchanting changes

The difference is miners and skinners can't really profit from crafting with their profession and jewelcrafters and engineers also need another profession slot to gather their materials. Although jewelcrafters can buy mats with badges etc, even people who aren't JC can do that as well.

I don't care about this from a gold point of view. I never used chanting to make gold, I used chanting to make/help friends. Being the guy who distributed shards at the end of the run was kinda the point

Oh well, guess I'll have to settle for being the guy who lugs his chanting bag to raids and lets people use their shiny new weapons immediately

Well I was surprised to see it also covered all the green drops, I had thought it only would apply to blues and epics.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    The "roll to disenchant" option is what most groups with an enchanter in them were already doing, except this way it's much faster and there's not any chance of the enchanter screwing everyone over. Unless you're the kind of person that always needs to disenchant and distribute everything at the end, then keep it all, it shouldn't affect you.
    This. Nothing has changed by them adding that. Just makes things faster for everyone. Win/win situation.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

As an enchanter, I don't mind these changes - it makes my job faster from the point of view of DE'ing and distributing shards at the end of a run, which is a good thing. In terms of rolling to disenchant greens you get dropping through a 5-man, the "loss" of materials is minimal imo, I generally end up with far too many dusts/essences than I could use sensibly, so I just roll to disenchant every green that drops and if I win it, that's good. If someone else wins it, BFD. I'm not one to ask for tips though, so I could just be too much of a carebear.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

As an enchanter myself I love this feature, I get enough mats to keep myself with mats for whatever enchatnts I might need for my main or my alts. I don't have to greed stuff and manually DE them anymore and then at the end of a run do the whole "Roll for shards" and then have to split them up and just when you're done with that 2 people pass on shards and it all goes pear shaped again.

Love it simply love it.

This cuts out the Macro that used to read
    "Need if you NEED, else pass and i'll greed, DE blues and Epics and we roll on the Shard's at the end. Greed on Frozen Orbs and Greens"

Now it will read:
    "Need if you NEED, else click DE option. Greed on Frozen Orbs and Greens"

But i guarantee even in guild runs there will still be the moron clicking greed.

TBH while farming HC's i'm there with 4 other ppl getting the drops therefore i'm more than happy to share. When i need mats from herbs and mines I ask and because I'm a nice person other people are just as nice in return.

Perhaps do unto others as you would have them do unto you - and you might be pleasantly suprised instead of being a greedy elitist tosser.

Seriously this cutting the hassle of handling shards and trading makes it all worthwhile. Being able to kick the shit out of instances one after another only stopping to loot mobs and ending up with some enchant mats at the end of it all is a lot of fun.

Deleted

You can make 1000g with doing nothing in Wotlk, how the hell can you be complaining still about mony...you don't use it anyway. And if you like going around showing off the many K golds you have, here is a newsflash "EVERYBODY HAS IT".

And no, raiding doesn't cost as much as most of you claim.
    Most enchanters are d*cks in my view...asking 20-200g for 1 enchant while it doesn't cost them anything to do it.

If a enchanter asks no fee or 5-10g, i will give him 20-50g because he is nice enof to ask a fair price.

I like it. No longer I have to manually DE/hand out stuff on my enchanting char, and in most cases, I don't have to send greens over to the enchanter from other chars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera
    It might a l2p-issue but then other classes are just too face roll compared to ele shamans.

Considering a week ago I was getting at least a full mail of crap to de for a friend, to how it is this week I love this change. I'm not spending 15 mins at the mail box, sorting my mats from his.

I've yet to leave a random LFG without at least 1 shard, and I don't have to sit about at the end waiting for all the rolls or people to trade me.

That 30 mins saved is enough time to run all the tournament dailies or another heroic. So I'm gaining money now *shrug*

I do personally like the change, however I fully understand if enchanters don't like it. After the patch I've runned about 10 5-man hc dungeons and I have already enough enchantingmaterials to supply myself for like 3-4 different enchants.

So the fact that people get more enchanting mats causes people to buy less such materials from ah, and the less buyers the more the prices will drop. On my server almost everything is way more expensive after the patch, except echantingmats. I assume it has lots to do with the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    You can make 1000g with doing nothing in Wotlk, how the hell can you be complaining still about mony...you don't use it anyway. And if you like going around showing off the many K golds you have, here is a newsflash "EVERYBODY HAS IT".

And no, raiding doesn't cost as much as most of you claim.
    Most enchanters are d*cks in my view...asking 20-200g for 1 enchant while it doesn't cost them anything to do it.

If a enchanter asks no fee or 5-10g, i will give him 20-50g because he is nice enof to ask a fair price.

Sarac im one of those enchanters that ask NO FEE at all..
    i dont care about any fee....mostly because i put my enchanting mats on the AH and they ALWAYS SELL!!...so its either them buying or someone else its a win/win for me anyway...
    and the highest TIP i got for saying NO FEE...was 375G for 5 enchants...(BUT that guy gave me the mats....ohw not all i provided ONE....<---READ ONE! Infinite dust coz he was short of that)
    i dont get it why ppl ask absurd prices for something u can do and they provide the mats for :-/.....
    i know ppl wanna earn gold easy...

simple solution..

DAILEYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shurtugal
    Idk, call this QQ if you like, but i see all the recent enchanting changes as direct "nerfs" to the already limited money making properties of enchanting.
    First it was Abyssal Shatter... Then the change to the amount of mats derived from Disenchanting itself.... Then to top it all off lets just make so anyone in a 5-man can disenchant as long as their is an enchanter along... So, by this thinking; Can i roll on mining nodes and herbs that are gathered in said instances whether i can gather it or not? Some how i cant see that as becoming an option anytime soon.. Though i didn't really see this Disenchant option on rolls coming either...
    I totally agree, this change forces us to use our profession, call it greedy, but I don't like the idea of other people using my profession without my saying so. Its exactly the same as if theres a miner/skinner/herbalist in the group, a roll box came up for it. Its even similar to forcing jcs to prospect ores, or alchemists to transmute stuff. Why should enchanters have their profession raped? People seem to forget that Enchanters don't get to sell the rewards they get from questing, or random greens they get, they have to de it to get mats to level the profession. This means they end up with alot less money from questing, at endgame, all to level this stupid profession that doesn't even give that much of a benefit, other than some extra stats on rings. Not only that, but we have to use dream shards to buy recipies! So the people who win dream shards on these rolls, sell them to Enchanters, for them to buy recipies that they probably don't even need for themselves, they do it for the community. Lets say the average price of a Dream shard is 20g, and an enchanter needs 10 for one of the better recipies, now they need to spend 200g on a recipe, and charging 5g a tip for them (which some people still don't think they need to give) is not going to get a profit.

Disenchanting is the only way to get mats, they need to make it for enchanters only, so only they can get it, or at least make it so only the enchanter can roll to de stuff. Blizzard didnt originally make people 'expect' to get enchanting mats, that was a ridiculously selfish phenomenon on the players part, and I would expect Blizzard to right this wrong instead of encourage it. I would rather not be able to disenchant stuff at all than this. Now the only money we can make is through tips, and the player base hates that, how long untill blizzard forces us to not charge for enchants, and people can get enchants just by clicking on the enchanter? Where do you draw the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Shurtugal
    Idk, call this QQ if you like, but i see all the recent enchanting changes as direct "nerfs" to the already limited money making properties of enchanting.
    First it was Abyssal Shatter... Then the change to the amount of mats derived from Disenchanting itself.... Then to top it all off lets just make so anyone in a 5-man can disenchant as long as their is an enchanter along... So, by this thinking; Can i roll on mining nodes and herbs that are gathered in said instances whether i can gather it or not? Some how i cant see that as becoming an option anytime soon.. Though i didn't really see this Disenchant option on rolls coming either...

yeh man, i hear ya. its gotten out of hand. I could once make gold off enchanting (wotlk anyway), but the recent changes means that ppl benefit off my ability to enchant/DE. its quite shite. no other prof is like this..... herbs in raids? nope. ppl skinning in raids? nope. anymore gem drops? nope! it seems kids on school hoidays QQing has ruinned then market. bad blizz! bad!

Quote Originally Posted by nuggettis

yeh man, i hear ya. its gotten out of hand. I could once make gold off enchanting (wotlk anyway), but the recent changes means that ppl benefit off my ability to enchant/DE. its quite shite. no other prof is like this..... herbs in raids? nope. ppl skinning in raids? nope. anymore gem drops? nope! it seems kids on school hoidays QQing has ruinned then market. bad blizz! bad!
    Its a good change, l2loveit.