Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Destruction rotation questions, is there really a priority.

Does it matter if I cast immolate or corruption before one or the other at the start of my rotation? I see some posts where people start with immo and some start with corruption. Let me know. Also do I burn conflag then chaos bolt > incinerate spam, or chaos bolt>conflag>incinerate spam

Re: Destruction rotation questions, is there really a priority.

In all honesty, destro really doesn't have access to nearly enough dots, so you should use what you have at the start of the rotation. Corr, CoA, then Incinerate three times, Immo, Conflag. By then you should be able to reapply your dots so do that and maybe throw in a Life Tap if you need it. By doing this rotation, you shouldnt ever have to use CB.

On a more serious note, don't use Corruption if you're destro. CoE or CoD if you've been blessed with a boomkin or shadow priest, then immo, conf, CB incinerate until things need refreshing.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    In all honesty, destro really doesn't have access to nearly enough dots, so you should use what you have at the start of the rotation. Corr, CoA, then Incinerate three times, Immo, Conflag. By then you should be able to reapply your dots so do that and maybe throw in a Life Tap if you need it. By doing this rotation, you shouldnt ever have to use CB.

On a more serious note, don't use Corruption if you're destro. CoE or CoD if you've been blessed with a boomkin or shadow priest, then immo, conf, CB incinerate until things need refreshing.
    Why would you incin before you immolate? You're also wasting time by immolating and immediately conflagging.

Immo then Burn Conflag right after [If you have glyph of Conflag] which you better or you fail already, then CB then Incin spam until everything else is up / needs refreshing.

If you didn't realize... DreamOfTheRood was joking with the first portion of the post. :P

Posts like this just need a 'read the sticky' reply and a lock.

its Glyph of Immolate, Glyph of Conflagorate, and Glyph of Incinerate. and the rotation is CoE, Immolate, Conflagorate, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate x3 or 4, then get another conflag before immolate falls off. then just refresh everything. if a Boomkin or Unholy DK is in the raid use Curse of Doom instead of CoE. Never use Corruption, its a waste of a gcd. although you can use Corruption if you are moving alot.

TL,DR my answer is - The priority is keeping Conflagorate and Chaos Bolt on CD at ALL times.

Quote Originally Posted by ribbad
    Immo then Burn Conflag right after [If you have glyph of Conflag] which you better or you fail already, then CB then Incin spam until everything else is up / needs refreshing.
    You want to use use CoD or something, although i prefer to use it after pyroclasm. If you Immo->conflag the time it takes for the server to enable conflag you're losing a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by keyrah
    You want to use use CoD or something, although i prefer to use it after pyroclasm. If you Immo->conflag the time it takes for the server to enable conflag you're losing a bit of time.
    You only use CoD if someone else is putting up the CoE debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    You only use CoD if someone else is putting up the CoE debuff.
    Thats rather obvious. I'm stating that if you use CoD after you get the Pyroclasm buff its better.

That's actually the opposite of the truth. CoD is worse if Pyroclasm is up, not better. Pyroclasm only reduces the cast time / GCD of Destruction spells. CoD is not a Destruction spell and gets no benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks
    its Glyph of Immolate, Glyph of Conflagorate, and Glyph of Incinerate.
    The Immolate glyph is only better until ~200 spirit. After that Life Tap is better. Considering how low the spirit requirement is there's pretty much no level of raiding where Immolate is better. Should be Life Tap, Conflag and Incinerate.

hey here is my roation and reasons why pulling off about 6-7k in most raids with it

1st (depending of there is a unholy dk or moonkin) immolate then Doom if there is either... and Curse of elements if there are non.
    2nd immolate if there wasent either (skip this point if there was)
    3rd warlocks have huge agro problems so if you use Inci/chaos bolt or Conflagrate and get a good crit then you will probrably pull agro so
    3rd corruption (after this time never us it again unless you are running)
    4th chaoes bolt (confragrate would be best but at this early stage agro is an issue
    5th confragrate (now your roration begings
    since time on immolate changes and changed the work from here is like this

renew immolate each time it reaches 1-2 sek dont cast the last spell if you know it will run out
    use chaos bolt and confragrate as soon as they are ready however dont stand still waiting for them if there is 1-2 sek left on them cast the last spell then use them

if there are no agro problems at all then at the beginning use this

Immolate/doom/elements depending
    remember if you dont use elements using doom is a must
    confragrate
    cb
    inci

renew doom as soon as u can
    renew immolate 1-2 sek left
    cast of cb and confr
    then just renew

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    That's actually the opposite of the truth. CoD is worse if Pyroclasm is up, not better. Pyroclasm only reduces the cast time / GCD of Destruction spells. CoD is not a Destruction spell and gets no benefit.

The Immolate glyph is only better until ~200 spirit. After that Life Tap is better. Considering how low the spirit requirement is there's pretty much no level of raiding where Immolate is better. Should be Life Tap, Conflag and Incinerate.
    I think you are confusing Pyroclasm with Backdraft. CoD will neither be affected by nor consume a Backdraft charge. Some people claim that you should use CoD after Conflag so that you might get the Pyroclasm buff. I might be inclined to agree, but historically CoD has not been affected by any damn buff whatsoever, apart from straight SP buffs. I've asked if anyone could care to verify whether it is in fact affected (I suspect not) and nada so far.

I do agree with harky though; it craps up our threads to have to rehaggle every damn detail of what is readily available in the stickies. I propose we adopt a catchphrase to use for these sorts of new threads so that it becomes a cultural phenomenon. My suggestion is:

Stickies m&%#$ F$&%er; can you use them?

Too harsh?/
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

corruption if ya can. immo if u want to play it safe or ur corruption will be a waste for sum reason. :-\

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Starstruk
    corruption if ya can. immo if u want to play it safe or ur corruption will be a waste for sum reason. :-\
    sry, I didnt really get that. pls repeat.

A priority list becomes a rotation if you draw it out, just a very, very, very, very, VERY (very) long one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

1.Curse of Tongues
    2.Shadowfury
    3.Shadowbolt x 10
    4.Refresh Curse of Tongues
    5.Summon Felhunter

Rinse&Repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroux
    1.Curse of Tongues
    2.Shadowfury
    3.Shadowbolt x 10
    4.Refresh Curse of Tongues
    5.Summon Felhunter

Rinse&Repeat!
    Vocabulary quiz! Is Nitroux spreading:
    A. Misinformation
    B. Disinformation
    C. Herpes
    D. Both B and C
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Don't use curruption, start with immolate then chaos bolt then conflag, filler is incinerate, try to refresh immolate before a conflag.

The best destro rotation is definitely CoA -> Corruption -> Searing pain spam -> Throw a soulfire in there sometimes.

(no really immo -> curse/chaos bolt/conflag(if possible) -> conflag/CB -> incinerate until cooldowns are up -> keep immo up and hit conflag/CB whenever they're up.

Corruption is worthless unless you're moving around and already at full mana and don't need to lifetap. Hell refreshing glyph of life tap is better than throwing a corruption)

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood

WTF are u saying?=??? In Destro spec u suggest to not use the Chaos Bolt??? ahahah Plz...OMG...

Ovviusly u have to check from CoE and CoD , Life Tap , Immol ,CB , Confla , Spam incin Till Dot end reapply and Go through...

How can u say tht? lol

http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=158205