Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Why enchanted is shafted

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    The reason Blizzard are introducing the DE button is because the demand for enchanting mats is far and away greater than demand for mats of any other profession. Not to mention that on my server at least, the price of one Dream Shard is the same as one stack of herbs.
    No that's not why they're doing it. They're doing it because cross realm groups cannot be permitted to trade with each other, for the same reasons that you can't trade in BGs. However you need to still be able to DE items acquired in those groups and distribute the mats - thus the DE button.

Anyway it's not a big deal - I use enchanting as a way to supply myself with mats and to avoid having to shout in /2 to get chants done. I've never expected it to be a cash making profession, which is a good thing because on my realm it mostly isn't.

Convenient how you enchanters completely ignore the fact that enchanting is 2 professions for the price of 1.

Every other profession relies on a gathering profession.

Blacksmithing + mining = win
    Engineering + mining = win
    Jewelcrafting + mining = win
    Alchemy + herbalism = win
    Inscription + herbalism = win
    Leatherworking + skinning = win
    Tailoring + anything = fail

Enchanting + nothing = win

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    No that's not why they're doing it. They're doing it because cross realm groups cannot be permitted to trade with each other, for the same reasons that you can't trade in BGs. However you need to still be able to DE items acquired in those groups and distribute the mats - thus the DE button.

Anyway it's not a big deal - I use enchanting as a way to supply myself with mats and to avoid having to shout in /2 to get chants done. I've never expected it to be a cash making profession, which is a good thing because on my realm it mostly isn't.
    but you know if blizz really cared they could make the rule apply to bgs but not instances or to bgs but in instances it applys for only specific items

Wow, this is exposing me to just how nice my server is.

I don't charge to DE items, or mill herbs, or prospect ore. If someone asks me to craft something, I just ask people to pay what they think is fair. This usually results in a much bigger tip than a 10g crafting fee for something simple and those people will deliberately seek me out for repeat business because I'm fair. I get more money, a better reputation and frequently bonus materials for whatever was on the auction house because people know I'm reasonably generous.

I'd ask people to pay what they think is fair for enchanting, but if it's not inconveniencing me, I just treat people like friends. Yes, I could rip them off like other people here seem intent on doing, but there are much nicer ways to make money than gathering yourself a bad reputation on the server. I've never been charged while levelling professions to do anything because I have all these grateful people around to help me that aren't even guildies or really friends, just acquaintances who like to help out because I've been nice. Good will does work, it's just that people assume everyone else is greedy. I could deconstruct capitalism's faults using WoW's economy through this, but most of you wouldn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike

Negative. You can trade loot from that instance.
    "Only conjured items and loot dropped in a dungeon for which other party members are eligible can be traded between players from different realms. "
    Straight from the post.

Depending on the enchant, after buying the mats. I'd generally tip the person enchanting my gear 15 to 45g per enchant, unless they said otherwise about not wanting a tip.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: DE button unfair enchanting nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by bw13187
    Enchanting makes money by surreptitiously procuring drops and DEing them in private, alone.
    This is what I do, although I do it at a grander scale, I generally run with 3-4 friends no matter what I do.

we all greedroll on everything and then I diss what WE won after the run, we also keep all the stuff on
    a mutual bank for future use.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

10+ Year Old Account

If people get to auto take my job in a dungeon, when there a skinnable animal or a mining node or w.e, I should get an option to take their shit too right? stupid ass change

15+ Year Old Account

The Kick option will be harder in 3.3 since you can't just kick someone if its a PuG group using LFG system....I wouldn't vote for kicking unless there is a reason to, the DE thing is not enough reason for me to vote yes on kick.

My Enchanter won't be rolling the DE button

Only read the OP, my ROOMMATE used to mail my stuff to DE and give me 1g per item. We always tip each other, usually it is a goofer like I'll tip him 50g for cutting 6 gems for me and then he'll tip me 50g for his leg kits. Just to show love since sometimes we don't get anything... wait in Dalaran for 20 minutes for someone to show up for 4 things, usually asking If i have the mats, and then no tip. I don't generally mind, but if I am doing something, they are SoL. It's just the principle.

I tipped 50g for old spellpower to bracers since it was so hard to farm, and she replied "wow, you must really know how hard it is to get!" yeah, on my enchanting toon before she got the lucky drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================