1. #1

    37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    Hi,

    Is this a viable build for 2v2 with an Unholy DK? I really like playing it in BG's, freedom removing stuns is so nice, since i find surviving against a good rogue the hardest as a pally, the rest of the dps classes i can heal through pretty much (with LoS) - and repentance is great for clutch, or to cc the healer for a kill.

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...dwEa,6b8,10676

    I know it was a decent spec in the past, but with AoW no longer proccing off seals (and hence removed from the build) is it still good enough, or should I just stick to 52/19/0?

    Cheerz
    Dwayne

  2. #2

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    In earlier seasons it might have been viable, now you're giving up too much for HoF and repentance. You can try it, but you probably won't get far.

    Holy/unholy is your best bet.


    Edit: I would like to see this build with a good feral Druid, though.

  3. #3

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    Prot/holy would still work great with a DK.

    Much more cc's, tons more survivability, Stronger healing crit.

    No instant cast, no beacon (if you took it before).

    With a DK that has high survivability, prot would be great imo.


  4. #4

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    I struggle to get a rogue off me, I need my DK to grip and chains assist, but then that cuts down on his damage, and it seems its only a matter of time before the rogue is on me again - sure, we can remove him, but my DK isnt killing the healer at that point.

    Put in the fact that we cant outlast druid or shaman (resto) healers, and my DK cant solo them, it seems these teams are an uphill battle.

    In my holy/prot build Ive put points down to Beacon of light, but maybe thats a waste, since some ppl have said beacon is too many costly/wastefull for 2's, perhaps more points into a prot build?

  5. #5

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Prot/holy would still work great with a DK.

    Much more cc's, tons more survivability, Stronger healing crit.

    No instant cast, no beacon (if you took it before).

    With a DK that has high survivability, prot would be great imo.
    Something like this???

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...NFE6,6b8,10676

    I figured after the 'Touched by the light' nerf, it wouldnt be as good any more.

  6. #6

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Batlhazar
    Something like this???

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...NFE6,6b8,10676

    I figured after the 'Touched by the light' nerf, it wouldnt be as good any more.
    That's a decent spec, but you definitely want to get Guarded by the Light. One of things that always made Prot healing strong is the undispellable, infinite Divine Plea. Also, yeah, the TbtL nerf hurt but now you can just stack SP/int instead of stam...and the 30% bonus on crit heals still creates some disgustingly large HL crits.

  7. #7
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,758

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    I've tried this spec, and it's basically a weak attempt at a shockadin spec, and doesn't work for healing or dps in PvE or PvP lol

  8. #8

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis
    I've tried this spec, and it's basically a weak attempt at a shockadin spec, and doesn't work for healing or dps in PvE or PvP lol
    Ive found with one DPS on me, i cannot be killed with this spec. The only dps i cant outrun (and then LoS) is another pally (ret) - but i can chaincast out heal his DPS anyway.

    Theory is - if its 2 DPS, i can CC one of em, so my heals are still adequate, or if they are on me, freedom and run, grip as needed. If its one dps, I dont really need assistance from my DK, and can focus on CC'ng a target.

  9. #9

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    just go prot with your DK and u are fine with 2v2

  10. #10
    Warchief Shawaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sweden, Norrköping
    Posts
    2,226

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    How funny that I saw this thread on the front page. I was speccing, just for fun, some speccs for a healing-retridin.

    My own suggestions would probably be something like:

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...FWNc,SNd,10676 (28/00/43)

    or

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...KgiZ,SdN,10676 (18/10/43)

    I have no experience with playing paladins, but I still would like to get those speccs rated.

    [Edit] Maybe should explain those speccs x) I am a bit tired. But anyway, those speccs was for 2v2. I imagine the speccs to pretty much only heal through Flash of Light and then deal damage mostly through Exorcism. Meh, I made these speccs for fun, so don't be too serious when rating them
    Vol'jin fanboy

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    I've played the "shockcadin spec in season 6 and a little bit of 7. It is a viable spec, it is very nice in 2s because it is so easy for you to kite/LOS just about any class. I hate not having persuit of justice or the free stun trinket. Not to mention you give yourself replenishment so that you have unlimited mana without ever having to pop divine plea. I even used seal of light with this spec because the heals are kinda gimp since you're not full holy and the crits aren't big like when you are prolly and since you have no mana issues there is no reason not to use seal of light (glyphed) as this spec.

    The glyphs you have now are the ones I used to roll with, however, I had art of war instead of light's grace as well as a few other talents deeper in the ret tree. You'll want the instant flashes of light in PVP, trust me. The less you stop and cast, the more you will be able to LOS/kite, and the less vulnerable to interrupts you will be.

    I think this is something along the lines of the spec I used to use, if anyone cares:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...A42Z,6b8,10676
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

  12. #12

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    I've played the "shockcadin spec in season 6 and a little bit of 7. It is a viable spec, it is very nice in 2s because it is so easy for you to kite/LOS just about any class. I hate not having persuit of justice or the free stun trinket. Not to mention you give yourself replenishment so that you have unlimited mana without ever having to pop divine plea. I even used seal of light with this spec because the heals are kinda gimp since you're not full holy and the crits aren't big like when you are prolly and since you have no mana issues there is no reason not to use seal of light (glyphed) as this spec.

    The glyphs you have now are the ones I used to roll with, however, I had art of war instead of light's grace as well as a few other talents deeper in the ret tree. You'll want the instant flashes of light in PVP, trust me. The less you stop and cast, the more you will be able to LOS/kite, and the less vulnerable to interrupts you will be.

    I think this is something along the lines of the spec I used to use, if anyone cares:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...A42Z,6b8,10676
    AoW was nerfed for holy/buffed for Ret. It no longer procs from judgements, only melee crits. And as a healer, im definately not going to be standing still meleeing a target beating on me, and im even less likely to crit it. Instant flashs would be nice, but I dont think its worth the 2 talent points.

    I put points in Ret more for the mobility and control, than for the damage.

    Im leaning more towards prot now, but ill give em both a try and see what playstyle is more effective and fun.

    Cheerz for all the feedback

    Dwayne

  13. #13

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    reminds me of the 32/0/39 spec that was big shit popping before people learnt about proly in early s6. but idk art of war > lights grace tbh for 2s. like it can be useful but aow is wincest imo.

  14. #14

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    There is a Female Belf pally on my server (The Sha'Tar Eu) That's called Zaillaiya.
    And he got this spec:

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...G,S8p3-e,10505

    He is owning everyone's ass in Duels. He often comes to lolshire to kill ppl for fun, but I dont think it is a great arena spec. But it sure might be the best dueling spec.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Batlhazar
    AoW was nerfed for holy/buffed for Ret. It no longer procs from judgements, only melee crits.
    It still procs from judgements last time I checked, which was a fairly long time ago but it was after the AoW change. Also, judgements are considered melee attacks and they proc your seals. An example would be a holy pally casting judgement on a boss or a mob 40 yards away while having seal of wisdom up... even though he is not in melee range of the mob, seal of wisdom will still proc the 4% mana return because judgements are considred melee attacks.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

  16. #16

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    Funny how you say Judgements are considered melee attacks yet I've NEVER had it dodged/parried before.

    Go figure.

  17. #17
    Warchief Shawaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sweden, Norrköping
    Posts
    2,226

    Re: 37/0/34 - Holy/ret 2v2 build viable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantia.
    Funny how you say Judgements are considered melee attacks yet I've NEVER had it dodged/parried before.

    Go figure.
    Afaik, it is some mix of being a ranged melee-spell. oO Can't be blocked/dodged/parried as a ranged attack, it deal Holy damage and, unless being holy, you must be in melee-range to use it.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •