Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Are our dps enough?

Now i agree that using the wrong glyths and specs is off, but for 25 man normals you don't need perfect setup nor the best professions.

DPS pull there weight, healers do there jobs and tanks don't die and hold aggro. It's a normal mode raid there made to run though without needing to be hard core raiders.

But that is not to say the raiders can run around the raid in tier 7 and expect to do much dmg and make the enrage timer but you can easily make it with your tier 9 set you should have by doing your daily heroic every day or some tier 8 is plenty.

There are things that have been pointed out that individuals in your guild need to work on such as your mage going fire ttw to aoe the adds and anub with living bomb. Then there is only using 2 tanks and correcting there specs and glyths.

Though you made it past the Twins so i gotta say, i find Anub a much easier fight by far than taking them on and dancing around the orbs and you must have enough dmg to down them so i suspect downing Anub will be down more to practise and optimising what you already have.

Note: Your mage love crit, Locks love crit. Make one mage stay Fire TTW to scorch the boss it is a big boost to dps.

If I were you I would simply tell your fellow raid members to get more information about their class.
    Nothing fancy or extremly complicated but just the basics would do fine.

Basics are:
    1) Specs +Glyphs
    2) Dps Rotation
    3) Stats/Gear

There is a multitude of internet sites and forum posts of where to find such information.
    Its no big deal learning the basics, except if you are lazy or not interessted at all.

In addition your raid leader should know about required buffs/debuffs and set up the raid accordingly or even organize who is responible for certain debuffs if people dont do it right.

DPS is really low, bring buff Food and make everyone use Flasks.
    If someone is really rockbottom at the meters talk to them and tell them to improve offer them advise, interntlinks whatever and if there is no improvment you should consider replacing the player.

Ok, the first thing that stands out to me, is the lock, Astoriculus. He's destro and the vast majority of his damage done is from shadowbolt. That tells me that he has never read any of his talents and just filled them in from some guide online and assumed he just shadowbolts. He just has to talk to the 3 other locks who know what they're doing.

I think I've seen people go over the druids and shamans.(again, at least for the shamans cause ive never played a druid, they just have to faceroll for the most part and they'll do alright. To me it feels like they afk once they get in position.)

After that is all settled, the locust swarm has to be played smart by healers. The more you heal the raid over 50%, the more you heal anub. This prolongs the fight, and when you're progressing through it inches you closer and closer to the enrage. I only heal people with the least health, and if nobody even looks close to 50%, I throw a heal on the tank to help out.

If everything I said was repeated, sorry. It's late and I really didn't want to read through the entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    Hi,

We spend a good ol' wipe night on anub 25 (normal)
    Yeah, i know, "easy content", but we're just recovering from summer, and half our raidforce is casual.

In our best effort, we managed 1,5M left on the bug, using 3 tanks and 6 healers.
    Are our dps enough? any advice?

here's the parse -> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...=17946&e=18531

Thanks for any input!
    ITS FREAKIN NOVEMBER IN A FEW DAYS. Summer is way past over. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a worthwhile guild yours is likely dying

Deleted

Ehm, Clearly its not enough if you wiped >.<

Altho, if youre like ~10 secs behind the timer, ask the healers to put on dots.

And I really hope your healers know they arent supposed to heal any player except the MT to 100% .. The more hp the raid has the more the boss leeches.

Let the raid be around 40-50% and then I guess you just need to put some more effort in the dps ^^

Another thing is if you are close have all you Raid turn off them Priest buffs.

And Tanks with 45k health and >1500 less DPS are givng the boss more health than they output.

Have them drop stamina buffs, Kings, Commaning shout and such and go Blood, Kitty and so on.

If they cant lower the HP and raise there DPS enough just let them die.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64
    ITS FREAKIN NOVEMBER IN A FEW DAYS. Summer is way past over. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a worthwhile guild yours is likely dying
    That is a horrible thing to say, You know inexperienced players only get better by listening to others, reading up and learning. This guy is showing a willingness to get better, if even half his guild are in the same position then its worth fighting for and working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki
    Another thing is if you are close have all you Raid turn off them Priest buffs.

And Tanks with 45k health and >1500 less DPS are givng the boss more health than they output.

Have them drop stamina buffs, Kings, Commaning shout and such and go Blood, Kitty and so on.

If they cant lower the HP and raise there DPS enough just let them die.
    I appreciate where youre comming from but a guild that NEEDS to click off raid buffs to beat anub 25 (non heroic) would benefit far more from spending that focus on proper rotation/priority que than trying to each spend 3 gcd's finding and clicking off various raid buffs not to mention that can also get dangerous, especially for tanks.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiochan
    That is a horrible thing to say, You know inexperienced players only get better by listening to others, reading up and learning. This guy is showing a willingness to get better, if even half his guild are in the same position then its worth fighting for and working on.
    Talking about summerbreak almost half a year after is too ignorant for my taste. Take my advice and be happy.

Deleted

Listening to all this, I'm suroprised, my guild is currently progressing in togc25, zero kills yet, we always wipe on beasts because theres 10-15% hp left on gormok when the worms enter, but sometimes we still get him down and enter phase 2 correctly, but now, looking at all these comments, with people saying 4-5k dps is low, I cant help but wonder if the healers are carrying all the load, because our top dps, usually one of the mages, do around 7k while the rest is quite behind x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz
    Listening to all this, I'm suroprised, my guild is currently progressing in togc25, zero kills yet, we always wipe on beasts because theres 10-15% hp left on gormok when the worms enter, but sometimes we still get him down and enter phase 2 correctly, but now, looking at all these comments, with people saying 4-5k dps is low, I cant help but wonder if the healers are carrying all the load, because our top dps, usually one of the mages, do around 7k while the rest is quite behind x.x
    The simple fact that you still have gormok up while the worms emerge should show you that.

Even still a guild like mine 4/5 H25 ToGC WE are being carried by our healers average raid dps is 7-8k dps which is fairly consistent across the board. Your guild wont STOP being carried by your healers until your top dps is near or at ~9.5-10k dps and the average raider is north of 7.5k. Thats just the breaks for Heroic 25m content.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    I appreciate where youre comming from but a guild that NEEDS to click off raid buffs to beat anub 25 (non heroic) would benefit far more from spending that focus on proper rotation/priority que than trying to each spend 3 gcd's finding and clicking off various raid buffs not to mention that can also get dangerous, especially for tanks.
    /cancelaura Prayer of Fortitude
    /cancelaura Commanding Shout
    /cancelaura Power Word: Fortitude

Neat macro, isn't it?

But obviously, you're right. If you need to use this on 25m normal mode, your dps is lacking a lot as was pointed out a lot before in this thread.

61k? Jesus. That's what some of my 10 man kills are at.

Quote Originally Posted by cupholder
    61k? Jesus. That's what some of my 10 man kills are at.
    Thats some amazing dps then.

@ Ash

Sure you can make a macro for it but honestly people who cant figureout which 3 buttons to push for effective dps... i wouldnt want to put anything more on there plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiochan
    ^_^() oh i thought i did more.
    And thanks for linking the guilds world of logs i usually have to go by a vague memory of my recount.
    Oh and 4.4k was due to that stupid calenab being frostfire not giving me my focus magic.
    This guy is priceless!!!

Lets do the math: 7.3k - 4.4k = 2.9k

Focus magic wont burst 2.9k dps!!!

Stop trying to look good you are failing hard at it!!!!

Hi,

We spend a good ol' wipe night on anub 25 (normal)
    Yeah, i know, "easy content", but we're just recovering from summer, and half our raidforce is casual.

In our best effort, we managed 1,5M left on the bug, using 3 tanks and 6 healers.
    Are our dps enough? any advice?

here's the parse -> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...=17946&e=18531

Thanks for any input!
    Sorry but ... holy shit that's low.
    Mainly those ppl , from worst to better:

1-Astoriculus: A destruction warlock that have 42% of damage coming from shadow bolt .... WTF ! Kick him out of force him to learn and only use certain spell.

2-Tsum : I have no clue how's he's geared, but 2425 is low... and tell both your enh sham that Fire shock beats earth shock.

3-Dalrak: Not as crappy as Tsum... but still not shining at all. Didn't use elemental btw... which he should.

4-Bullrash: He seems to be using way too much wrath for the number of starfire. He's dps is low as well. Make sure he understand that ECLIPSE is his most powerful talent by far and he must switch spell each time it procs.

5-Droz: Savage roar uptime 22.1% . . . For fuck sakes ! It's a 35% dmg increase ! It is by very very far the most important skill he has. That's why he sucked in dmg. Oh and 77% activity ? He likes to afk during boss or what ?

6-Essencus: He used fire blast and cone of cold.... why ? He used a lot of arcane barrage... I really don't know why. ABx4 AM... that's all an arcane mage should do in single target.

7-Edikus: same as above.

The rest are ok. So basicly solve those issues with thos ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz
    7k dps is quite good.
    Behind = how much so ? 5k is good enough for ToC 25. Under that is a bit low, and under 4k should simply NOT be in ToC.

Cerabret100

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Sorry but ... holy shit that's low.

and tell both your enh sham that Fire shock beats earth shock.

When the hell did this happen? First i've heard it.

I can see a lot of people bagging the guilds DPS. But it is sufficient for Anub25 regular.

However it doesnt help that the minute leeching swarm starts, the 2 shamans begin spamming chain heal and the druid cranks out the wild growth.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Are our dps enough?
    I think you already know the answer, if it was enough, you would have killed Anub. But to answer it anyway, no, your dps is not enough, its terribad tbh, most pugs do a lot better.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better