Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

No Achive=No skill

Amirite? Apparently this is what people have come to think in the days of achievements. I mean this in regards of the LFG system. I.E. "LFXM (X raid) Pst with spec, stats, and achive."

I was in the LFG last week for the daily heroic, and I saw "LF3M DPS Naxx 25, pst with spec, stats, and achive." ... since when do you need to link your achive for Naxx 25? But regardless, I whispered the person with my stats and spec. He came back with "no achive, no entry." I explained to him I've done Naxx 25 on many other toons, and this one is just missing on boss (Raz) for the full clear achive (I even linked the ones as proof). He still said "no achive, no entry."

I could go on with further proof of extremism, but I won't. I can understand that people don't want noobs in their raid wiping them over and over, but it gets to a point where its a little insane. If it was an Immortal Run, okay I'd understand that. But this was just a normal clear of Naxx. I've seen the same thing again and again with regular runs; or even achive runs that can be farmed (best example, Sarth 2,3D).

What confuses me is that I've seen people with titles and achives, that when they get into raids... they're horrible. Whether its their lousy dps, or bad tanking stats, or just standing right there while "Onyxia takes deep breath..."

Achives, like gear, don't mean anything. I just wish more people would understand this rather than ruin someone's day just because they're want to go on that normal Uld 10 pug, but haven't downed Yogg and want to not only get to down him, but to see and learn for themselves.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Re: No Achive=No skill

The best way is to link someone else's achievement, no one usually reads who actually earned the achievement linked. :P

have you not seen the ones in LFG that are "LFM Naxx 25 link Ulduar 25 achivement"
    those ones make me laugh it's as if they expect Naxx to be hard.

the easiest thing to do is to just get some friends or guild to run naxx 25 on alts or something and get the achivment and then you can link it.
    I have several toons that have shocking gear, and i mean terrible terrible gear but have the naxx 25 achivment it's not hard to get boosted in a raid.
    Ive also been in pugs where people claim to be awesome and then fail to stay alive more than 10 seconds on each boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftninja
    The best way is to link someone else's achievement, no one usually reads who actually earned the achievement linked. :P
    Atleast you are true to your name ;p

There is an addon that will post a random date on an achievement you link, just dl that and no problems ever.

10+ Year Old Account

Yea... naxx is such a joke having the achievement does not prove anything
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

I understand your pain and your fustration, ppl have gone a lil overboard with requirements. But hey at least your not on Aegwynn...right.... cuz they gear, stat and acheivement check for plain old five mans!

This happens the other way too.

For example, say you wanted to join OS25, and someone was doing a run and required the achievement. If you linked them Twilight Vanquisher they wouldn't respond to you, or would say 'No achieve sorry'. It just heightens the stereotype that people asking for achievements for raids at entry level and the next level up are thick twats.
    RETH

The funniest thing is, if I start up a pug I never ask that stuff and I have never had a horrible player join, some bad but they were doing the right things and managed to do some dps. Then I have gone into pugs where the guy inspects you and wants a link of like all your achievements just to see the raid go to hell (eg couldnt down northrend beasts 10man norm). If the guy wants an achi I dont usually wanna join :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jackel
    have you not seen the ones in LFG that are "LFM Naxx 25 link Ulduar 25 achivement"
    those ones make me laugh it's as if they expect Naxx to be hard.

the easiest thing to do is to just get some friends or guild to run naxx 25 on alts or something and get the achivment and then you can link it.
    I have several toons that have shocking gear, and i mean terrible terrible gear but have the naxx 25 achivment it's not hard to get boosted in a raid.
    Ive also been in pugs where people claim to be awesome and then fail to stay alive more than 10 seconds on each boss fight.
    I tried to pug a ToTC 25 this week. I left during our second attempt of the second boss (and after wiping at least 5 times on Beasts).

Of the 25 people in the raid, only 16 even bothered to get in vent.
    Of the 6 healers in the raid, only I was even trying to heal through Incinerate Flesh.
    Not a single person asked for an achievement link, because the RL had never even been to the raid.
    A person asked "what are trophies for".
    Of the obviously half the raid that did not know a single fight, nobody even said anything.

In times like THAT...I wish someone had asked for an achievement link.

For the rest (especially Naxx), if the RL is that caring of an achievement to some ezmode crap and can't figure out that in today's WoW, about 35% of the raiding community is carried through EVERYTHING...then I don't even want to be in that person's raid in the first place.

On a last note, who does Naxx on their MAINS, anyway? Anyone doing Naxx should know they are going to be bringing nearly a full alt group with them. That's just common sense.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Asur
    There is an addon that will post a random date on an achievement you link, just dl that and no problems ever.
    People that link fake achievements just tend to get on, atleast my, ignore lists very fast.

The question is, if youre skilled, why havnt you got the achievement for something yet that has been out for a year. Even if its an alt, get a guildrun once and thats it, or make your own group there. Theres absolutely no excuse not to, for example, have full totc achievements yet, unless you are horrible and drag the group always down with you to fail on everything, or you get kicked because youre bad.

The bigger problem is that even people with the achievements tend to suck ass because they got carried by 20 good players, and if you get too many of these carried people with achievs in your group it fails again.

More often than not the person requiring the achievements have never done the raid themselves and just want to be boosted through.

Deleted

Just find an addon which can fake achievements, that's what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jÿnks
    More often than not the person requiring the achievements have never done the raid themselves and just want to be boosted through.
    I was going to say this
    also We tend to run anywhere from 3 to 4 ToTC 10 and 25 mans a week depending on what people are around so even the scrubiest of alts have the full clear achivment.

"LFM Naxx 10 Link [Epic] and Full run achieve" ..... Downgrading gear ftw!

Deleted

I was so free and checked some of those doing it on armory, most either got it like only a few days ago themselv and other even don't have it.

When i asked one of those who don't have it, why he require something he don't have from other, he told me "maybe if you had half a brain, you would realise i have more then 1 char, perhapes", told him then maybe other got more then 1 char too and he was silent.

Shows the quality of those ppl who want a achievement linked, the last I would do is join one of those raids.

Having the achievement just says nothing, you can easily get it with a drag through

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Daurs
    People that link fake achievements just tend to get on, atleast my, ignore lists very fast.

The question is, if youre skilled, why havnt you got the achievement for something yet that has been out for a year. Even if its an alt, get a guildrun once and thats it, or make your own group there. Theres absolutely no excuse not to, for example, have full totc achievements yet, unless you are horrible and drag the group always down with you to fail on everything, or you get kicked because youre bad.

The bigger problem is that even people with the achievements tend to suck ass because they got carried by 20 good players, and if you get too many of these carried people with achievs in your group it fails again.
    Oh god.. now we got a new problem. Gear doesn't matter if you are skilled (see ulduar 10 full clear in full blue, that's a big proof.) Now you need to link stupid achievements just to get in a naxx run. People that wan't achievements shown is just stupid, it's not a big deal. I pugged sarth 3d 10 man where 3 people didn't have the normal sarth achievement on either 10 or 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftninja
    works 100% for all of my alts . Just ask someone from the guild for the needed achivm and done - raid/party inv

i don't make pugs very often, sometimes i'll make a 10 man, but i just inspect and see if their gear is up to standard for that particular raid. Also, while inspecting if you notice their enchants/gems/spec is all kinds of wack then they are probably a bad player. Once my raid is formed I tell them they get 2 freebies then they are out. If they mess up more than that then I start looking for replacements.

Deleted

Had some random PuG leader try to suggest that my full set of Ulduar 25 HMs minus Algalon was not good enough proof of my ability to complete ToC 25 with them. Yup.