Thread: Got fish?

Got fish?

Heya guys, recently I got to 450 fishing and mailed like 30 stacks of each fish to my bank alt. Now my question is simple...what do you do with fish ? Any replys are more than appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Got fish?

Cover them in Panko bread crumbs and bake them.

Do your cooking and fishing dailies, buy new recipes, cook, eat, enjoy your buffs.
    Also, several different types of buff food sell very well on the AH (at least on my server they do).

10+ Year Old Account

1-60 fish, unless you are leveling cooking that are worthless

61-70 fish, same as the 1-60 but you may get lucky and be able to sale them on the AH

71-80 fish, with these you can either sell them on the AH or you can cook them and use them to buff your self for throw them on the AH to sell (on my sever a stack of cooked Glacial Salmon and sell form 15g to 25g)
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by Crashie
    You just showed us other, that you got NO LIFE AT ALL, if you are fishing, and don't know what to do with it.. clap clap
    Actually, fishing is fun, so why shouldn't he level it? I remember in my trial period I still had 3 days left with everything maxed (level, professions), because I knew how much stuff worked from a pserver and many other mmorpgs, and I've spent these 3 days fishing in Ratchet and WC just for fun. I didn't realize how much these deviates were worth before I activated my account, and made a nice extra boost of money from it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

If it's used for Fish Feasts... make Fish Feasts.

If it's not and you can use it for personal (including alts - or guild, if you're a provider) raid buffs... make raid buff food. (I use this sort of thing for BGs, Heroics, Dailies, etc.)

If you don't like the above, AH it for an insanely minor profit that's probably not worth your time.

If you don't like that, vendor it.

If you think there will be some fish apocalypse in the future that will send the price of fish skyrocketing, get a whole bunch of banker alts and store nothing but fish in your banks.

Loved the fishing apocalypse idea, thanks for the reply guys. Already found out that it's mostly for fun and mby the upcoming tournament will spice things up.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfireyguy
    1-60 fish, unless you are leveling cooking that are worthless

61-70 fish, same as the 1-60 but you may get lucky and be able to sale them on the AH

71-80 fish, with these you can either sell them on the AH or you can cook them and use them to buff your self for throw them on the AH to sell (on my sever a stack of cooked Glacial Salmon and sell form 15g to 25g)
    Actually, the fish used from 250-300 cooking can sell quite well on the AH. That range of cooking is a pain to level without fishing.

If you are still wondering what to do with fishing, do the achievements it makes it alot more fun
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

Deleted

make fish feasts of the endgame fish - sell the fish feasts. Sell the rest of the fish on AH, for ppl lvling cooking etc.

I deposit mine in my guild's bank if there's a half stack already in there. I'm too lazy to level cooking and I can't realy be bothered to sell on AH, I only fish during the daily so I only usualy have about 5-20 fish on me at a time.

I only fish so i can cook them for buffs. Otherwise they are mostly useless.

cook 'em.

the + to stat buff food is remarkably powerful as long as you add a little bit of sugar, SPICE, and everything nice!

(....mostly just spice. northern spice.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I DONT FISH FISHING IS FOR NOLIFERS I ONLY FISH IN REAL LIFE CAUSE I GOT A LIFE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I fish Leather.

Nah, cook em for buffs.

I spend between 10 and 20mins a week fishing in Dargonblight to make http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42999 the only source of Agility food in game. The fish are also used in the only source of strength food. When raiding as a hunter, they are significantly better than the feasts.

I then also fish a little for the mats to make http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43015. Which go in the guild bank, we have a few fishermen who contribute weekly a small amount of time to pick up some of the mats, for raiding. Little and often which saves everyone a great deal of cash.

When i'm really bored I will fish some Dargonfin to sell on AH, they go for bucketloads of my sever (80g a stack sometimes) and for a chance at the turtle mount. Once I get that the motivation to fish for profit will go down quite a bit I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeful
    what do you do with fish ?
    FUCK HIS BRAINS OUT!
    LIKE A BAWSS!
    TURN INTO A JET!
    LIKE A BAWSS!
    BOMB THE RUSSIANS!
    LIKE A BAWSS!
    CRASH INTO THE SUN!
    LIKE A BAWSS!
    NOW IM DEAD!
    LIKE A BOSS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c&feature=fvst

Quote Originally Posted by Elanthari
    I DONT FISH FISHING IS FOR NOLIFERS I ONLY FISH IN REAL LIFE CAUSE I GOT A LIFE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    Cool story bro.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+