Thread: Threat issues

Threat issues

Hi there.

I'm having problem on building threat on single target mobs.

You can check my gear on armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...varr&n=Maldita

I got 5.43% hit and 7% expertise which seems fine.

With my current gear I should be able to do 6-7k TPS or so, but on 10man I'm doing 4k TPS and 25man 5-6TPS, which is low.

My rotation is: DnD, Icy touch, Plague Strike, Bloodstrike x2, Obliterate x2. Between that i'm doing Frost strikes and Rune Strike when available.

On AoE situation, I have no problem to build threat. It's just on single target that i'm having issues.

Someone enlight me please, because I dont know what i'm doing wrong really.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Threat issues

DnD isn't for Single Target threat. You are better off starting with IT and PS then going into OB and runic dumps.

I have no problem with RP in any spec, mostly thanks to druids, so macro Rune Strike to all of your attacks.

Example:

#showtooltip Icy Touch
    /cast Icy Touch
    /cast Rune Strike

Oblit when you can, but always keep your disease up, but don't clip them. That means reapply at 0 or 3 not at 2 or 1.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

I only use DnD on the pull *

Still a waste of 3 runes. They really nerfed the Threat you gain from DnD a while ago, so its better to IT pull then go into your rotation straight away. This will allow you one more OB and BS giving you more RP for Frost Strikes or Rune Strikes.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

DnD for multi targets. Otherwise, as Cira said, just do your regular rotation.

I would have to agree with you here. DnD is definitely not that good for Frost at all for single target initial threat. I tend to only use Death and Decay for very start of fight as Blood Tank since I have the damage increase talent for it. For Unholy tanks it is by far the best threat generator you have even for single target but Frost just doesn't have a good reason to throw it into your rotation even at the start of the fight.

Another thing to keep in mind as frost is that once you can get enough gear, grabing 2 245 one-hand weapons and going dual wield tank will provide some MASSIVE dps down the road.

WorldofDeathKnightCraft.com
    world of warcraft coverage for death knights and more...

^^ what he said. 2 slow dps weapons will give you nearly the best threat-gen in the game. Other than DnD, you seem to be suffering from using a 2H, and a fast one at that. Threat gen for frost goes 2 slow>2 tanking>2h

Thanks for your replies.

What do you think about this build? http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jciGZ...c0f0buzAo0x:ka

I will get more RP but dropped epidemic.

What 3rd Glyph you advice?

This http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0xGZ...oczbuzAocg:kaT Looks better for your needs. You went too far out of the way to skip the frost CDs and its closer to the traditional builds.

Okay, your frost build is missing key talents. 2/5 Blade Barrier is a No Go. Your skipping 3% more less damage taken.

Your missing Frigid Dreadplate, that's 3% chance for mobs to miss!

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EGZ...of0buzAo0x:kad is what I'd do, it's pretty much the standard Frost Tank Build. I personally don't like Frost Tanking, UA is pretty bad compared to Vamp Blood and Bone Shield, since both of those can be used to help against magic attacks, where UA is only bonus armor. I find that its most a DPS cooldown to use, not helpful for tanking.

See, the problem the OP is having isn't Mitigation. That's weird as hell not to have mitigation problems for that spec, but whatever. They're having problems with Threat.

Of course, I cannot offer any more advice than I have, both specs aren't missing anything as far as threat, except Cira's has Deathchill, which has a bazillion second cooldown anyway so it's not going to do anything life changing.