Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Resto healing too simple (?)

Shhhh, I like my laidback healing. :P

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin
    1 min Cd 20% or w/e it is with improved... how is that not viable.... druid tanks use it as one of there major CDs and they dont even get improve in there tree....

Low CD makes up for it not being as powerful as Pain sup or GS

e.g. land one every time the tank takes a second impale on beasts hardmode or something like that... however... it could be a tad op since 5 druids and you can have 100% uptime on one target
    uhm i think it was about barkskin talents being useless for resto druids in pve

barkskin alone is great skill. but talents for it are quite useless in pve

oh and please try to remember the difference between 'there' and 'their', would make your posts much easier to read
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I'd have to go with no.

Druids are second only to priest in terms of the arsenal of tools at their disposal. Obviously, pallies are on the bottom, but simplicity is a design for pally healing.

As a shammy healer i find myself envious of swiftmend, it seems like such a fun spell to use.

I often find myself wishing I had the patience to level a priest (euch, casters :P) because it seems all those tools would be very fun to use to heal, and i often find that shammy healing is not as interesting as i think it should be.

But then i think of the way or spells benefit each other, and all the unique spells we have. I think you're probably just oo used to what you have, and are suffering from a bit of the old grass-is-greener syndrome.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

15+ Year Old Account

I don't think making Barkskin castable on other would make it. I think Blizzard should use this to make some less used healing spells more attractive, like Regrowth. I mean while the HoT is on the target, it will make the target take 2-5% less damage or something familiar. This would balance Regrowth into the rotation :] But again, I don't really feel like we need anything atm compared to the other healing classes.

I use all of my healing spells almost when I go resto for heroics or whatever.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

15+ Year Old Account

You use some more than others still :]

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    For a fight like Twins I agree that resto druids have an extremely simple rotation (Rejuv 5 targets that don't have it then WG on the melee). For almost every other fight I totally disagree - druids have a great arsenal of spells and I use almost all of them regularly:
    Regrowth: Always keep the HoT on the tank, possibly use for raid depending on the situation.
    Lifebloom: At 1-2 stacks on the tank refresh 1-2s before it ends and let 3 stacks bloom.
    Rejuv: Keep on the tank and use to pre-empt raid damage.
    Swiftmend: Use as an emergency heal for when the tank drops below 40% or raid if they drop low and could be hit again.
    Nourish: Spam as a consistent large heal for anyone needing a lot of healing (whether it's the tank or a raid member).
    NS+HT: 2nd emergency heal for when Swiftmend is on CD and someone desperately needs an instant heal.
    Tranquility: Rarely used but still a decent large AoE heal if everyone in your party is nearby.

For me I think it's rare that I execute the above perfectly every single fight. There are often times when later on I'll think 'I should've used spell X more, or spell Y would be good for dealing with situation Z'.

Note that the above doesn't even deal with gear, talent and glyph choices that happen outside the fights (ie, I often carry multiple glyphs to switch between certain fights).

IMO if you're finding resto druid healing too simple then you're not doing it right.
    ^This. That's exactly how I heal as well. Personally, it's not the healing style that gets me down. I love that I don't have to spam heals like a madman and can just hot people up to add a 'buffer' to everyone, you could say. It's just that I feel bad sometimes that I can't do anything super nifty to help prevent dying (besides healing obviously). Like priests have Guardian spirit, pain suppression, bubbles, etc. Otherwise I love my druid and her hots. =]

it would be nice if you wrote why you find resto to be simple
    you have : rejuv, lifeblood, regrowth, nourish, healing touch, swiftmend, wild growth, tranquility, Nature swiftness
    you have 3-4 viable specs
    you have 5+ viable glyphs
    sm, wg, ns and tranquility have cds to make it more interesting
    resto is all about balancing your hots and nourishes when needed... other classes are all about spamming aspa while druids are more about predicting incoming dmg and countering it with hots...
    using innervates at the right time and deciding on the spot weather to stop or recast lbs...
    watching for raid composition to chose best person to wg due to it's small range...
    what would you add change?

As a pally healer all I do for the most part is cast flash of light

I will beacon someone, and judge the boss, from there on out its mostly flash of light, the occasional healing light if a large portion of the raid is taking a lot of damage, otherwise its just flash of light + cooldowns.

Barkskin has ALOT of use in pve...if you dont use it you're doing it wrong (it's off the GCD why wouldn't you?!)

Tantrum on XT/ Hodir FB/ Mimiron/Bile on NRB/Twins/P3 of anub

barkskin will make you a much better druid if you use it in clutch situations to help your healers out (even if you're one of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    Barkskin has ALOT of use in pve...if you dont use it you're doing it wrong (it's off the GCD why wouldn't you?!)

Tantrum on XT/ Hodir FB/ Mimiron/Bile on NRB/Twins/P3 of anub

barkskin will make you a much better druid if you use it in clutch situations to help your healers out (even if you're one of them)
    Since apparently a lot of people can not read, no one ever said BARKSKIN was not useful in pve. I and others were referring to the barkskin TALENT.

I agree if you are not using barkskin in pve to mitigate damage then you are dumb, but I see no reason to take the talent for PvE... and If you armory a lot of the "top druids" (since so many people refer to them anyway) you will notice that they do not take it either. So please, learn to read before you try to flame someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fbl
    it would be nice if you wrote why you find resto to be simple
    you have : rejuv, lifeblood, regrowth, nourish, healing touch, swiftmend, wild growth, tranquility, Nature swiftness
    you have 3-4 viable specs
    you have 5+ viable glyphs
    sm, wg, ns and tranquility have cds to make it more interesting
    resto is all about balancing your hots and nourishes when needed... other classes are all about spamming aspa while druids are more about predicting incoming dmg and countering it with hots...
    using innervates at the right time and deciding on the spot weather to stop or recast lbs...
    watching for raid composition to chose best person to wg due to it's small range...
    what would you add change?
    Well first of all Tranquility and Healing touch are prety much useless spells they are only for very very very.. specific situations (or maybe i just dont use them as much as i should dunno, my style work fine) but the thing i find simple is our lack of damage reduce or healing increase cds like Guardian spirit or something. Ns is our only major cd and i dont find it very original or funny at all its just playing simple Oh S*it button. so as new cd(s) would be nice

and there isnt anything hard to time ur innervate or Lbs

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Pumaska
    Quote Originally Posted by aT1C
    lag is sum ting that comes from a graphic card but not from the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    And yes, resto druids could use a damage reducing cooldown/talent like the other healers have. And that would slightly help move us away from rejuv spam.
    Shaman need that a lot more tbh. Right now druids are in a very sweet position, they can tank heal as well as a disc priest and raid heal as well or better than a holy priest. If you threw in a tanking CD on the druid then they'd be pushing OP.

I tend to think that Rebirth fits the same space as Pain Suppression/Guardian Spirit/Bubble-Sac. Sure it's not exactly a tanking CD but it gives you the same 'save the day' functionality, in fact arguably it's better - since druids get to retrospectively save the day whereas everybody else has to be proactive.

If the problem is spam then the solution isn't more abilities. What will bring us away from spam isn't adding new abilities but better encounter design.

I really like healing as a resto druid. I've considered leveling up other healing classes, but at the end of the day I like having all of the different spells we can cast. I have recently run into issues and I was wondering if anyone else has any ideas or suggestions.

Back in the days of Ulduar when the T8 bonus was full effect, I used to be #1 or 2 on my guild runs for every fight. Recently I've fallen down to 4th or lower for most fights. While this isn't necessarily bad I would like to increase that so I'm higher.

Healing raid makeup:

1 Resto druid (me)
    1-2 Holy Priests
    2-3 Holy Paladins
    1-2 Resto Shamans

I am always assigned to raid healing, but usually help heal the tanks if needed. I usually preHoT the raid when I know lots of damage will be going out, but I just can't increase my numbers. I am not sure if it is because there is too much raid healing from other classes (Resto Shaman + Holy Priests) that end up sniping all of my HoT healing or if I just need to change the way I heal.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/23286/
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7thol&n=Devant

If anyone has run into anything similar please let me know because I always strive to do the best healing I can. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has something for me to try.

Quote Originally Posted by devant
    I really like healing as a resto druid. I've considered leveling up other healing classes, but at the end of the day I like having all of the different spells we can cast. I have recently run into issues and I was wondering if anyone else has any ideas or suggestions.

Back in the days of Ulduar when the T8 bonus was full effect, I used to be #1 or 2 on my guild runs for every fight. Recently I've fallen down to 4th or lower for most fights. While this isn't necessarily bad I would like to increase that so I'm higher.

Healing raid makeup:

1 Resto druid (me)
    1-2 Holy Priests
    2-3 Holy Paladins
    1-2 Resto Shamans

I am always assigned to raid healing, but usually help heal the tanks if needed. I usually preHoT the raid when I know lots of damage will be going out, but I just can't increase my numbers. I am not sure if it is because there is too much raid healing from other classes (Resto Shaman + Holy Priests) that end up sniping all of my HoT healing or if I just need to change the way I heal.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/23286/
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7thol&n=Devant

If anyone has run into anything similar please let me know because I always strive to do the best healing I can. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has something for me to try.
    well 1 thing that could slightly increase ur hps is adding LB to ur normal healing rotations. Personally in fights like Hc 25man beasts it might work fine if adding it to tanks, but it isn't very mana effective or necessary imo (then again we still havent downed beasts in hc.) :-\

Sidenote:the best place to compare ur Raid healing to other major raid healers are in Twins. so you should check how you do in fight like that. (as you may very well know) ^^

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Pumaska
    Quote Originally Posted by aT1C
    lag is sum ting that comes from a graphic card but not from the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by devant
    You might be better off putting this into a new thread as you might get more replies and it also helps this thread stay on topic.

Anyway, I had a look at the logs and as Pumaska mentions we could do with some logs for other fights as the ones you've linked are either incomplete fights (beasts hm) or relatively easy (VoA / Ony).

Still, one thing I noticed for Koralon is that your Wild Growth healed for more than Rejuv. I have never seen this before in any druid's healing meters, so I can only assume that you're hitting WG every single CD and not doing much Rejuv inbetween or something. Before Koralon's Burning Breath I blanket the raid with Rejuv then cast WG at the start of it (and once more when off CD) and Nourish those who might be in danger of dying (ie, they stayed in a fire too long or something). Between Burning Breaths I get HoTs up on the tank and spam Nourish on them during the Meteor Fists. For raid members who get hit by fire I use Regrowth and spam a few Nourishes or Swiftmend if necessary. This is one where a druid's variety really shines and you shouldn't have any trouble topping the meters for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Well, coming from a pally healer, healing as a druid is much more relaxed and exciting for me. I love the healing style of the druid, seems much more fluid in terms of just flowing over the raid with hots, instead of spamming holy light over and over again. I do agree that a cd that can be used on a target would be nice, however if nothing changed with the druid healing style, Id still be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Still, one thing I noticed for Koralon is that your Wild Growth healed for more than Rejuv. I have never seen this before in any druid's healing meters, so I can only assume that you're hitting WG every single CD and not doing much Rejuv inbetween or something. Before Koralon's Burning Breath I blanket the raid with Rejuv then cast WG at the start of it (and once more when off CD) and Nourish those who might be in danger of dying (ie, they stayed in a fire too long or something). Between Burning Breaths I get HoTs up on the tank and spam Nourish on them during the Meteor Fists. For raid members who get hit by fire I use Regrowth and spam a few Nourishes or Swiftmend if necessary. This is one where a druid's variety really shines and you shouldn't have any trouble topping the meters for this.
    Basically this ^, I noticed that you didn't really use Nourish at all, and that is a very powerful spell... especially at sniping heals from the pallies =)

I couldn't find a log of me doing VoA for you to compare with, but here is one of Onyxia:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=7672&e=8011

I'm by no means pro, but maybe you can take something from it.

Also, it helped me more by taking 1 point out of revitalize and putting it into Nature's Grace so that your 3/3 (other than that my spec is basically the exact same)

I have always loved resto healing. In BC I had 6 level 70's and 3 of them being healers. Pally, Priest, Druid. Going to level 80 in them and trying out the healing on them....I still love the druids. With a druid everything is instant cast and ydont have to be standing in one place the whole time.

Also with all the hots you dont have to be staring at your healing bars 24/7. Im a raid leader and find it so easy to being able to raid lead and heal as a resto. So yeah its pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    I tend to think that Rebirth fits the same space as Pain Suppression/Guardian Spirit/Bubble-Sac. Sure it's not exactly a tanking CD but it gives you the same 'save the day' functionality, in fact arguably it's better - since druids get to retrospectively save the day whereas everybody else has to be proactive.
    Which I find very strange, seeing as druids are the only proactive healer.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.