[Enh] How much DPS do you do in 25 - Anub(H)?

After yesterday's ToGC Anub(H) raid, which turned out to be a failure, I am starting to think that I might not be doing enough DPS for my gear.

This is my armory;
    http://kr.wowarmory.com/character-sh...A0%88%EC%9D%B4

I do around 7.2k DPS in Anub, which makes me down there with my Ele. shaman buddy in recount rank, while other class like Rogue, DK, doing over 10k. I know my gear is not BiS, but I think it's quite enough for trying Anub, and it's upsetting looking at the difference with other classes.

I used to manage my Maelstrom stacks with TotemTimers, but recently I decided to throw in FS so I changed to ShockAndAwe using the priority list in the FAQ. I know some of you will mention the Stamina gemmings, but that was kinda deliberate for my survivability when trying for Valkyr.

Any advices and tips for Enh. in 25 - Anub(H) are welcome.
    Sharing your DPS and knowhows are also welcome.

Or.. is Enh. Shaman just that suck in DPS?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: [Enh] How much DPS do you do in 25 - Anub(H)?

7.2k is quite good for an enhancement shaman. You can get a rough figure about what each class and spec should/could do in a particular fight at, for example, www.wowmeteronline.com. There are top DPS charts from all fights and you can browse them by class/spec, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Thats fine dps for enhance considering its an AOE fight mainly.

Our enhance does 7-8k dps, where as dk's are well over 10k, rogues/spriests around 9k etc.

Enhancement is not supposed to be competing with AoE classes on anub. I'd guess that if you look more closely at the parses you're in the top 4 for damage done to Anub. Is the 7.2k on a kill? If it's not counting a full bloodlust, your overall dps should go up. Otherwise your gear looks like you should be doing about 7.2k

I did 7.7k dps on our first kill. The longer phase 3 takes the bigger numbers you get but everyone else will also scale the same way.

Deleted

I vary between 7 and 8k, but it depends on a couple of things, like how much time you spend dps'ing the scarabs, and how spread out those scarabs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaktal
    I vary between 7 and 8k, but it depends on a couple of things, like how much time you spend dps'ing the scarabs, and how spread out those scarabs are.
    Sadly this is true, how you preform in phase2 affects your DPS(in recount...) alot!

And also the lack of a competent way to cleave/aoe really makes this a bad fight to compare our dps to others who have it.

i think that DPS is fine for enh shammy and prob u don't kill it cause of dots in burrow phase or just healers healing too much in last phase so that dps can't outdps the healing boss is geting.

P.S. i like your name Diego Ray if i get it corectly ;D

Well padre I spent last night doing try's on him in hc and I couldn't get passed 6.5k, but only reached last phase like 4 times. My gear is sort of balanced to yours. I do everything I can to squeeze the most dps possible. I was getting behind rogues warr dk's and palas in dps. Dont think there's any chance on beating them. Their aoe is far superior.

Btw what´s with all those purple stamina gems, I think you´re losing stats just to gain gem sockets bonus...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ppes&n=Psyched

I'd love to see Enhancement Shammys and Ele Shammys offer each other a buff in raids, just to push our dps up a little to just below the pure dps classes, not 2k under.

you should aim for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48020 ( unless you already have it )

that way you´ll be able to be less over the spell hit cap => 382/368

with t9.25 gloves ( 59 expertise ) and vengencance of the forsaken, you will have 142/140 expertise, and are able to switch all you expertise gems for haste or ap.

other than that, your gear looks pretty solid. dps doesn´t look that bad either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by psyched
    Well padre I spent last night doing try's on him in hc and I couldn't get passed 6.5k, but only reached last phase like 4 times. My gear is sort of balanced to yours. I do everything I can to squeeze the most dps possible. I was getting behind rogues warr dk's and palas in dps. Dont think there's any chance on beating them. Their aoe is far superior.

Btw what´s with all those purple stamina gems, I think you´re losing stats just to gain gem sockets bonus...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ppes&n=Psyched
    No thinking required he is MASSIVELY losing stats.

Nightmare tear to chest to preserve bonus. 20 Exp to Shoulders, Legs, OH - loses 14 Agi. Leaves 4 gems change from 10 Exp/15 Sta to 40 AP = +160 AP - 28 AP lost from (+8, +8, +12) bonuses = +132 AP.

So by regemming he gains 132 AP at the expense of 14 Agi, and 105 Stamina. Ok its a big stamina loss but do you REALLY need that when you can get such a big boost to your AP?

Thx for advices. I just came back from another 30 tries, or 30 wipes I should say.
    We used up all tries for this week. We were getting better, but not good enough to kill it I assume.

I guess I am not doing that bad after all, still got much room to improve though.

About those Stamina gems, as psyched and Levva mentioned, I couldn't agree more that it's a huge DPS loss. Well, my excuse is that healers were nagging me for it was hard keeping me alive during 25-Valkyr(H) since my HP was definitely lower than other class. So it was like increasing my hp with some Stamina gemmings and at least mitigate that DPS loss with socket bonuses. But, I think now it's time to throw away the idea.
    Just need more badges to get the gems. Time for more Heroics. That actually is quite a nice idea because I do need some work to get more used to ShockAndAwe.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    you should aim for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48020 ( unless you already have it ) that way you´ll be able to be less over the spell hit cap => 382/368
    I was not lucky enough to have this trinket, but I also didn't really think about this because RAWR still puts quite high value on Hit Ratings even if you are over spell cap. However, I think this could be a nice idea to try changing my gear settings considering this in stock. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan
    I'd love to see Enhancement Shammys and Ele Shammys offer each other a buff in raids, just to push our dps up a little to just below the pure dps classes, not 2k under.
    I'd love this too. A great part of the joy of raiding is the way that synergy between classes buffs everyone's performance. I used to love it in Kara when my shaman (then half-blue-geared and elemental) would get random 3k crits when my lightning bolt stole one of the enh. shaman's SS charges.

My suggestion is that the Stormstrike buff is reduced to 10% but once again applies to all nature magic damage done (but not poisons, much as my rogue would love +10% to Envenom xD ) and in turn, say, Flame Shock's debuff also increases damage done by Windfury by 10%.

Back on thread topic (sorta) - how much DPS do enh. shamans do in heroics these days? I've been considering gearing my shammy up as enhance (I miss the old days stomping Underbog in 25mins flat :P ) but I'll be doing heroics more than raiding.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

why two hit trinket!?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeyx
    why two hit trinket!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    RAWR still puts quite high value on Hit Ratings even if you are over spell cap.
    Better than other trinkets I have... like Mjolnir.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

try to position the magma better and u could prolly top out 8k dps, but 7.2k is goodie, ive been some tries past 8k and some around 7k so its kinda common

Is Totem of Electrifying Wind better than Totem of Quaking Earth for an Enhancement shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadow243
    Is Totem of Electrifying Wind better than Totem of Quaking Earth for an Enhancement shaman?
    no quaking earth is better, just make sure to move up LL in your priority list whenever the proc from Quaking earth, Volcanic Fury has run out. (this is possible to setup in ShockandAwe

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadow243
    Well, normally I think QE is better than EW as the FAQ says, but it sure isn't the definite answer.
    It really depends on your gear, especially your haste. For me, EW simmed better than QE. I do advise you to try this on RAWR.

Also, my personal opinion is that EW less complicates the deal priority.