Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey
    A lot of people (including myself) have a great time going shadow in PVP when Disc gets old. Yes its harder, but honestly if you don't like it play something else. WoW has been out a long time now, you know what your going to get. If PVP is getting your panties in a wad, or makes you feel like breaking your computer, maybe its time to take a break.

    You must be sitting at your screen refreshing it, because every time someone posts something you have to be there to refute it. Its kinda sad. sometimes double posting because you must feel it helps drive your "point" home. Your not telling anyone anything we don't know, it all just QQ. Then the constant CAPS to emphasize your points is almost comical.
    out of all that typing, i got:

    1) you like to attack tanks and walls in certain BGs and you call that shadow pvp

    2) you have nothing of value to add so you'll pull the "you're a sad nerd" card

    3) you're not that creative, see 1 and 2

  2. #42

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Because DKs never die and spriests do? And Spriests cant do any damage whatsoever if they have a melee on them.
    DKs are now often focused first since arenas have been shifted to 3v3 and 5v5, in addition to copious nerfs to Icebound Fortitude, Unbreakable Armor, Bone Shield, and Frost Presence.

    I'm not trying to whine about DKs here, but I just want to point out this recent development in arena PvP. DKs are not the unkillable entities they once were.

    I would also like to point out that a Shadowpriest likely puts out similar damage when being focused as a DK does when a Shaman or Priest is on the opposing team. The only difference being that the Shadowpriests team has a bit more control over whether or not melee stayed glued to him, and the DKs team has little to no control over the Abolish Disease ticking on every target the DK tries to hit or that Cleansing Totem that the enemy Shaman keeps dropping out of LoS.

    Priests aren't perfect in PvP, they certainly have issues, primarily with mobility and group synergy, but they definitely aren't lacking in damage and they have the capability to do well. They are essentially an Affliction Warlock with a bit less on the utility front and a bit more on the burst front. Beleive it or not, SPriests have very potent DoT damage, and can actually put out a bit of burst on top of it. Its certainly not Frost Mage, Destro Lock, or Ele Sham burst, but it is burst and it is coupled with dangerous amounts of damage over time.

    I think the OP is blowing this a bit out of proportion, SPriests have issues but the OP certainly isn't discussing them, just cursing a whole lot and complaining about everything having to do with Priests.

  3. #43

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    i rarely use divine hymn or hymn of hope because in a pvp situation, i just won't have the time to
    This sounds a lot like a L2P issue.

  4. #44

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Aight i made an account just for this cause its sad how retarded you are

    did you forget shadow priests have the strongest form of CC ever against any caster ? A fucking 5 sec silence do you know how retardedly good that is ? silence can only get removed by 1 way a dispell soo go learn how to play your class and stop the QQ please

  5. #45

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell
    From what I heard, Jesus Christ is holy spec...

  6. #46

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    greysin,

    Sorry to everyone that think I am spamming but. -

    greysin you suck - greysin you suck - greysin you suck - greysin you suck - greysin you suck - greysin you suck - greysin you suck -


    Come on dude, FFS! You make my piss boil with all the lame crap that comes out of your mouth!!

    Priest has 3 speccs like all other classes. 2 healings speccs (Only class with 2 healing speccs!), 1 dps specc. Thus one can say the main job of the class is to heal. If you do not like that, blizzard gave you an opportunity to dps.

    You can dps in the form of DOTS (Damage Over Time) - Just like an aff warlock can.

    Aff warlocks do not lolwtfburst someone down in a few seconds, the strenght lies in the dots, which allow you to spread damage over servel targets, then when they are all low on health, you can lock one down with CC's, silence, fear etc.

    Spriests has one of the best rocovery tools, they can heal themselves, and they can Hrym of Hope (dunno if Spriests got that) And you have shadowfriend(dunno if they got that either) and then you have dispersion which regenerate mana, and reduce all damage with what, 90% right?


    Now let's start to talk about the other crap you spew out. ARENA REPENSATION!

    Priests has 18% repensation. They are in Top in every way possible. Most played 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 on top 100, have a priest in it.

    I am definitely not saying spriests are where they should be. But if one plays them right, they can make glad like any other class. I cannot be arsed to write more on this crap computer I got at work. Link you'r armory profile (all of ya chars).

    Now instead of crying like you do, learn to play ya class or re-role. If you deside to learn how to play your class, migrate to my server, and I'll play shadowclave with ya, and I'll then show you it's not so hard as you actually think to play, and do good.


    ~Dui

  7. #47

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    aff/sl locks have a pet that can silence/stun/remove buffs,
    WOW, i didn't know the felhunter could stun!
    Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    they do about 4x the self healing via damage,
    ONE of our DoT heals for 25% of the damage it deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    dots hit for about 2x as much and they have far more dispel protection (does more damage when dispelled, silences)
    So your sw hits for ~800? Damn you need more spell power.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    and their "psychic horror" (deathcoil) HEALS THE LOCK, does damage AND has the horror effect
    The healing is based on the damage of the spell, if the damage is absorbed then we're healed for 0, the damage is pathetic and your horror effect disarms for 10 sec. I'd say death coil and psychic horror is equal.

    Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    disarming in pvp is countered by every melee class having a 50% duration
    Its still 5 sec without a weapon.

    Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    and oh yeah, a lock can cast fear on you about 5x as often as you can cast psychic scream
    Yes you are right about that, but thats our only survival ability which doesn't have a cooldown. Priests have pw:s and heals to fill that gap.

    Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    soul link isn't dispellable either. that's 20% magic/physical damage reduction as long as the pet is alive AND with a void out, you have a huge shield that prevents knockback (about 3x as much absorption as an spriest shield with imp. PW:S)
    Shadowform reduce the damage done to you by 20% so its the same fucking thing. Why not dispell the bubble? Oh wait... You whined about felhunter before, I didn't know warlocks was able to control 2 pets at the same time :O.

    Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    a destro lock can hit you for 20k damage in less time than it takes for me to put all 3 dots up lol
    Pulling numbers out your ass... Yes i agree that destruction warlocks burst is abit over the top but it isn't near 20k if both players have PvP gear, not to mention the chance to crit with both spells are like 10% or less.

    You whined about the setup time for shadow priests before, well big surprise! Destroction warlocks have the same setup time as you, only difference is that destro warlocks have ZERO dispell protection.

    Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    i have a lock, and she has a LOT more burst in both aff/sl and destro/sl
    Then please link me your armory.
    Your shaman your paladin your priest and your warlocks.

    Edit: Spelling >.<


  8. #48

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    To the OP, please stop, roll another class. Spriests got the buff that they need, I don't understand too much of Shadow Priests, but a big amount of them are happy.
    Second, learn to write texts. In the school you write a few words and step to another line?
    And Third, Jesus was a shaman. He communicated with spirits and had ress. And he could remove curses and poison. And he had a Ankh, but he had lag, that's why took to him 3 days to ress.

  9. #49

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Man now Im not sure if youre serious or just trying to be troll. In both cases you should just quit wow and get some life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthets
    Question is tons tons faster than doing instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Igantinos
    still no rouges

  10. #50

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Quote Originally Posted by North90
    To the OP, please stop, roll another class. Spriests got the buff that they need, I don't understand too much of Shadow Priests, but a big amount of them are happy.
    Second, learn to write texts. In the school you write a few words and step to another line?
    And Third, Jesus was a shaman. He communicated with spirits and had ress. And he could remove curses and poison. And he had a Ankh, but he had lag, that's why took to him 3 days to ress.
    Jesus was a holy priest period.
    He had the B&S talent to cure poison, he moved disease and not curses and he also used guardian spirit before he died ^^.
    Also, he used cloth armor :P


  11. #51

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Nixia,

    I could not have written that better myself. Great post!

    Also, my armory profile, if you think all the stuff I wrote comes from some kid, who play at 1200 rating.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eathwing&n=Dui

  12. #52

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    First you say you shaman is noob geared and survives longer than your priest , and then you say he is a Gladiator...Something is wrong here.

    Besides from that.

    There's nothing wrong with Disp priest and their mana regen, You have you hymn of hope , A shadow fiend - > you can mana burn the enemy, You can MC and throw them off a bridge, You can pain suppresion your healing target, You can power infusion yourself or him for a 20% less healing cast, You got a shit load of instant heals + shield. Your penace cost almost no mana and heals for a shit load + when it crits you give you target a shield. You have your innerfocus 25+ crit and no mana cost for your next spell. You can fear your enemy and start mana burning the living day light out of them. you remove Immune effects like Bubble and Iceblock.

    I'm serious i can go on for even like this.

    About your shadow priest, you said you dont like to hide in bushes well..I'm afraid as SP you're supposed to pillar lure them and dot while you run and come out occasionly to toss them a MB or what ever. If you team up with an afl lock believe me you can get high , The problem is you don't know how to play a priest (you only think you can). And ofcourse you need to heal when needed ..Dispell when needed. As a ashaman you need to purge heal and DPS as paladin too. You might think you're damage is low but it's probably because you're under geared. + The fact that you think that SP do not have CC is just wron wrong wrong. You can fear, MC, Root wich follows into a disarm. Is that's not CC well sir than your right. You not having spammable cc ain't that bad since it wouldn't work with your dots - > instant break, That's the reason you get other kind of CC is so your dot's don't instant break them . Same with warlocks -> Fear to not instant break dots. that's why non Dot classes like mages get Sheeps.

    And as you're saying you're getting carried by your friend. It simply means that you do not have skills. Do not want to work to develope them.


    Instead of playing arena and getting carried. Try playing with people in bg's or skirmish so you can develope some skills instead of crying here. If you got owned in a duel bad luck develope some skills come back. It's all about learning what to do with wich abilities at wich time you don't just know what to do because you have a glad warrior or shaman. It's a whole other play style.

  13. #53

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    All I got from this guy is that he said moonkins are decent in pvp and that disc priests are the worst pvp healers in the game.

    I can agree that spriest pvp isn't very good but... wow.

  14. #54

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    While disc priests are NOT the worst pvp healers (they are very strong healers), like I said before, their mana efficiency sucks. Shadowfiend and hymn of hope are their ONLY way of regenning mana, and hymn of hope gives a very tiny amount, and shadowfiend is easily CCable. Try and mana burn anyone in a 3s team... which is where most the real competition is goin on now adays since they deleted the 2s bracket. Pretty much never have time to unless you are on a double healer/warrior team.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!


    My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

  15. #55

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    greysin did you have to leave for school?

    Don't slaughter all of ya classmates with a machinegun now, ya hear me?
    Come back here and nerd rage about your failure as playing a shadow priest.

    Also, give us the armory links of all ya chars' (don't you go stealin' some now!)

    I bet ya priest has agil and strenght gems.


    A lil' story from a pug I was in long time ago.
    I was MT'ing on my druid, and there was this priest with agil gems and and strenght gems.

    I asked him - 'How long did you play priest?'
    Priest - 'At least 5 years, why?'
    Me - 'Why do you have strenght and agil gems in ya sockets?'
    Priest - 'Well agil to make me last long and strenght to kill monsters faster when I solo


    We wiped 4-5 times, then I left. Moral of the story is


    BAD PRIEST IS BAD!

  16. #56

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Everyone who is posting here and trying to defend Shadow as a good spec for PVP, needs to just stop.

    You're not fooling anyone. Chances are, you just want to make your balls look shiny, so you spew that filth about other Shadow Priest's sucking, and that SOME how, you have discovered the golden secret that allows you to defend yourself against rogues, arms warriors, frost mages and death knights.

    Shadow is GIMPED in pvp. Blizzard has admitted this countless times. Stop trying to make yourself look like an elite player by showing off your 2K rated arena team.

    You know what you did? You went disc, climbed the ranks, re-specce'd shadow, and logged out.

    S

    T

    F

    U

    Shadow PVP is gimped, and anyone who disagrees, or even tries to defend the fact that Shadow sucks, needs to stop talking, because you are only contributing to the problem.

    Go away.

    Just leave.

    80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

  17. #57

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Caps... Says Gimped... Angry Nerd QQ... Same points made by previous dumbass.




    So you have an Alt on the forums?
    Grats.

  18. #58

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    Everyone who is posting here and trying to defend Shadow as a good spec for PVP, needs to just stop.

    You're not fooling anyone. Chances are, you just want to make your balls look shiny, so you spew that filth about other Shadow Priest's sucking, and that SOME how, you have discovered the golden secret that allows you to defend yourself against rogues, arms warriors, frost mages and death knights.

    Shadow is GIMPED in pvp. Blizzard has admitted this countless times. Stop trying to make yourself look like an elite player by showing off your 2K rated arena team.

    You know what you did? You went disc, climbed the ranks, re-specce'd shadow, and logged out.

    S

    T

    F

    U

    Shadow PVP is gimped, and anyone who disagrees, or even tries to defend the fact that Shadow sucks, needs to stop talking, because you are only contributing to the problem.

    Go away.

    Just leave.
    None is saying shadow is super awesome in PvP. Yes shadow isn't very good in arena, but that doesn't change the fact that the OP is pulling shit out of his ass.


  19. #59

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    Speaking of pulling shit out of their ass.

    WOW, i didn't know the felhunter could stun!

    Think he was confusing felhunter with the Doomguard. Either way, all warlock pets trump the 15 second priest pet. In PVP, we don't even use the damned thing for what it was designed to do, we use it because it's what we need for 15 precious seconds of feeling empowered.

    ONE of our DoT heals for 25% of the damage it deals.
    Haunt, Drain Life, The fact that you have your pet takes a percentage of the damage you take... not to mention that warlocks are practically built for defying Shadow Priests. A spell that makes you immune to Shadow Damage... really?

    So your sw hits for ~800? Damn you need more spell power.
    Spell Power doesn't matter, we have hardly any burst spells and dots don't do much when you're getting raped in the face by a melee who can slow you, silence you, or in some cases, drag you back into melee when you get some distance on him. While you can push a button and get a ghetto blink sort of spell, we're stuck with trying to gtfo of whatever melee chaos we happen to me in. And don't you fucking dare point to dispersion because it does NOTHING in those situations except delay our death.

    The only two burst spells we have is one that actually hurts us when we use it, and another that has a 6 second cooldown and a cast time, and even then the combined damage of BOTH used at the same time never matches up to the damage a warlock can do in the same amount of time.

    The healing is based on the damage of the spell, if the damage is absorbed then we're healed for 0, the damage is pathetic and your horror effect disarms for 10 sec. I'd say death coil and psychic horror is equal.
    Actually Death Coil not only deals damage and heals you, but it also causes your target to run, which means you have the ability to gain distance better, while our psychic horror only causes our target to stand in place. In addition, the damage it deals puts mounting pressure on the target. Granted they only have 1 or no weapon, but it still seems that they manage to stun me or slow me some how.

    Its still 5 sec without a weapon.
    Once again, melee still have tricks up their sleeve to slow us down and keep us in melee range, even if they don't have a weapon. Honestly, 5 seconds of someone not having a weapon is not very long, taking into account global cooldowns, the fact that heals have a lengthy cast time (the ones that may actually save us at least), and that one of our heaviest hitting dots and burst spells both have cast time.

    Yes you are right about that, but thats our only survival ability which doesn't have a cooldown. Priests have pw:s and heals to fill that gap.
    This just demonstrates a lack of understanding that this warlock has of the Shadow Priest spec. I'm sure many other people will point their fingers to healing ourselves and the fact that we have PW:Shield. Did you know that Power Word: Shield not only puts a debuff on us that prevents us from casting it again, but it also is broken most of the time, within a second or so? Did you know that untalented, it only absorbs 2230 damage. That's nothing in PVP, especially since warlocks have been known to crit for over 7K with a single spell! Throw in the fact that dots will be ticking, and you have a pretty fucking useless spell right there.


    Shadowform reduce the damage done to you by 20% so its the same fucking thing. Why not dispell the bubble? Oh wait... You whined about felhunter before, I didn't know warlocks was able to control 2 pets at the same time :O.
    Throwing out these arguments without the proper understanding of how a Shadow
    Priest works is just mind boggling. Shadowform doesn't give us 20% damage reduction... why would you even think that? Why would you even begin to think that? It gives us 15% damage reduction, not 20%.

    I'm pretty sure this is why people left and right, rise up and say that Shadow in PVP is the best thing since sliced bread, because half of the time they assume, rather then actually KNOW. I can't believe how many people tell me that i go "Invincible" when I use dispersion, or that for some reason, they think I regenerate health while dispersed! In fact, I had to set my raid leader strait when he honestly thought that we still buffed other warlock's damage with Misery... And I've already presented my argument toward our so called "bubble". The bubble doesn't make us immune to damage, it absorbs it... it absorbs 1 strike from a melee, most of the time.

    You whined about the setup time for shadow priests before, well big surprise! Destruction warlocks have the same setup time as you, only difference is that destro warlocks have ZERO dispel protection.
    Once again... lack of knowledge. Shadow Priests do not have the same setup as a warlock. Not even close. Granted I haven't played a Warlock, but from every warlock I've encountered and fought, they do a simple 2 step process as much as they can throughout the fight. Put up Immolate.... Cast Chaos Bolt.

    Do you know what our setup consists of? I'll give you the low down so you can compare.

    First, we need to be able to have Vampiric Embrace up, so that any shadow damage we deal, we heal ourselves for a very small amount. Second, we need to build up Shadow Weaving up to 5 stacks for the most efficient damage. That's five global cooldowns, or 3 global cooldowns and one full, uninterrupted mind flay.. and an uninterrupted mind flay doesn't work alot of the time in PVP. Also, to clarify, our dot ticks do not count toward stacks if Shadow Weaving.

    Yes... the exact same setup indeed.

    Next time you start to talk about a spec you think you know everything about... don't.

    The PTR's are active. You have the ability to roll a pre-made.

    Go make a priest, join a 3v3 team and experience what Shadow Priests are fighting to change. People like you only make things worse and it's due to your lack of knowledge.

    80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

  20. #60

    Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

    I'd also like to point out that 20% damage reduction for Shadow Form is something that Shadow Priests have been asking blizzard for a while now.

    80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •